SBS Transit Bus Service 151e is a Fast Forward variant of Service 151, plying between Hougang Central Int and Kent Ridge Ter. It passes through Clementi Road, PIE, MacPherson and Hougang Ave 3. Apart from skipping some stops along its route, it uses PIE instead of Bukit Timah Road in both directions. It also charges express fares.
|Bus Service 151e: Hougang Central ⇄ Kent Ridge|
Towards Kent Ridge
Towards Hougang Central
- Flexible routing along Express Sectors for Fast Forward 151e.
||[AM Peak] Hougang Central Bus Interchange → Kent Ridge Bus Terminal
[PM Peak] Kent Ridge Bus Terminal → Hougang Central Bus Interchange
|Passes Through||Hougang Ave 5 / 7 / 3, Jln Toa Payoh, Clementi Rd, Kent Ridge Cres|
|Route Length||25.3 km (D1) | 25.6 km (D2)|
|Travelling Time||88 – 91 mins (AM Peak) | 94 – 96 mins (PM Peak)|
|BCM Route Package||Sengkang – Hougang Bus Package|
|Current Operator||SBS Transit Ltd|
|Current Depot||Hougang Bus Depot (HGDEP)|
|Current Fleet||12-metre Single Deck Buses:
– Scania K230UB
|Departure Times from Hougang Central
||0700hrs – 0730hrs (Weekdays, except Public Holidays)|
|Departure Times from Kent Ridge
||1750hrs – 1820hrs (Weekdays, except Public Holidays)|
|AM Peak: 15 mins||PM Peak: 15 mins|
Service 151e was introduced as a Fast Forward variant of Service 151. The route connects residential areas of Hougang and Jalan Toa Payoh with many educational institutions around Clementi Road and Kent Ridge.
The route skips selected stops throughout its route in both directions.
- From Hougang Central Int: 0700hrs, 0715hrs, 0730hrs
- From Kent Ridge Ter: 1750hrs, 1805hrs, 1820hrs
MRT Stations Served
- NE14 Hougang
- 2006 – Present: SBS Transit Ltd
The Bus Service Operating License (BSOL) for this route will be renewed in 2021 under the Sengkang – Hougang Bus Package.
- 2006 (18 Dec): Introduced as a Fast Forward Service from Hougang Central Int to Kent Ridge Terminal in the AM Peak direction and from Kent Ridge Terminal to Hougang Central Int in the PM Peak direction.
- 2015 (03 Dec): Designated wheelchair-accessible bus route (WAB)