||[AM Peak] Hougang Central Bus Interchange → Kent Ridge Bus Terminal
[PM Peak] Kent Ridge Bus Terminal → Hougang Central Bus Interchange
|Passes Through||Hougang Ave 5 / 7 / 3, Jln Toa Payoh, Clementi Rd, Kent Ridge Cres|
|Route Length||25.3 km (D1) | 25.6 km (D2)|
|Travelling Time||88 – 91 mins (AM Peak) | 94 – 96 mins (PM Peak)|
|BCM Route Package||Sengkang – Hougang Bus Package|
|Current Operator||SBS Transit Ltd|
|Current Depot||Hougang Bus Depot (HGDEP)|
|Current Fleet||12-metre Single Deck Buses:
– Mercedes-Benz O530 Citaro
– Scania K230UB
|Departure Times from Hougang Central
||0700hrs – 0730hrs (Weekdays, except Public Holidays)|
|Departure Times from Kent Ridge
||1750hrs – 1820hrs (Weekdays, except Public Holidays)|
|AM Peak: 15 mins||PM Peak: 15 mins|
Service 151e was introduced as a Fast Forward variant of Service 151. The route connects residential areas of Hougang and Jalan Toa Payoh with many educational institutions around Clementi Road and Kent Ridge. It was renamed as Express Bus Service 151e from 12 August 2018.
The route skips selected stops along Hougang Avenue 3 and Jalan Toa Payoh, and all stops along Airport Road, MacPherson Road, Whitley Road and Bukit Timah Road / Dunearn Road in both directions.
For trips towards Kent Ridge Terminal in the morning, the bus service plies via Hougang Avenue 3, Airport Road, MacPherson Road, Jalan Toa Payoh, PIE through to Clementi Road, while trips towards Hougang Central in the evening ply via Dunearn Road, Whitley Road, PIE, Jalan Toa Payoh, MacPherson Road, Airport Road and Hougang Avenue 3. However, the express sector reflected on MyTransport.sg indicates it to be via Dunearn Road / Bukit Timah Road for both bounds instead.
- From Hougang Central Int: 0700hrs, 0715hrs, 0730hrs
- From Kent Ridge Ter: 1750hrs, 1805hrs, 1820hrs
MRT Stations Served
- NE14 Hougang
- SBS Transit Trunk Service 151
Hougang Central Bus Interchange ↔ Kent Ridge Bus Terminal
- 2006 – Present: SBS Transit Ltd
The Bus Service Operating License (BSOL) for this route will be renewed in 2021 under the Sengkang – Hougang Bus Package.
- 2006 (18 Dec): Introduced as a Fast Forward Service from Hougang Central Int to Kent Ridge Terminal in the AM Peak direction and from Kent Ridge Terminal to Hougang Central Int in the PM Peak direction.
- 2015 (03 Dec): Designated wheelchair-accessible bus route (WAB)
- 2018 (12 Aug): Renamed as an Express Bus Service from a Fast Forward Bus Service