SBS Transit Bus Service 22 is a trunk service plying between Ang Mo Kio and Tampines, passing through Ang Mo Kio Avenue 1, Serangoon Central, Upper Paya Lebar, Ubi, Kaki Bukit and Bedok Reservoir.
Bus Service 22 will call at a pair of bus stops along Tampines Ave 5 as well as a new pair of bus stops along Ubi Ave 2 from 12 Feb 2017.
Route:Route Details (Click to expand)
|Bus Service 22: Ang Mo Kio ↔ Tampines
Towards Ang Mo Kio
||Ang Mo Kio Bus Interchange ↔ Tampines Bus Interchange|
|Passes Through||AMK Avenue 1, Serangoon Central, Upp Paya Lebar, Ubi, Kaki Bukit, Bedok Reservoir|
|Route Length||16.9 km (D1) | 17.3 km (D2)|
|Traveling Time||85 mins|
|BCM Route Package||Tampines Bus Package|
|Current Operator||SBS Transit Ltd|
|Current Depot||Ang Mo Kio Bus Depot (AMDEP)|
|Current Fleet||12-metre Double Deck Bus:
– Volvo B9TL
– Volvo B10TL
– Volvo Olympian
12-metre Single Deck Bus:
– Scania K230UB
|Departure Times from Ang Mo Kio
||0530 – 2330 (Weekdays, Sat)
0545 – 2330 (Sundays/PHs)
|Departure Times from Tampines
||0545 – 2330 (Daily)|
|Frequency||Direction 1||Direction 2|
|0630-0830: 08 – 10 mins
0831-1659: 10 – 18 mins
1700-1900: 08 – 10 mins
After 1900: 13 – 18 mins
|0630-0830: 09 – 10 mins
0831-1659: 09 – 17 mins
1700-1900: 09 – 10 mins
After 1900: 10 – 15 mins
Service 22 is an inter-town route connecting residential towns of Ang Mo Kio, Serangoon, Bedok Reservoir and Tampines via the industrial estates of Ubi and Tai Seng. By serving Tampines Avenue 4, this service also benefits residents of Tampines Neighborhoods 8 and 9.
Owing to strong demand along its industrial and inter-town segments, double-deck buses comprise the bulk of the fleet. The route closely follows Service 24 between Ang Mo Kio and MacPherson, and also compliments Service 21 for connecting the full stretch of Bedok Reservoir Road to Tampines Regional Centre.
MRT Stations Served:
Fleet: See above.
- 1987 – 2001: Singapore Bus Services Ltd
- 2001 – Present: SBS Transit Ltd
The Bus Service Operating License (BSOL) for this route will be renewed in 2024 under the Tampines Bus Package.
- 1988: Introduced between Ang Mo Kio and Tampines
- 2003 (21 Jun): Amended to ply Serangoon Central and Upp Serangoon Rd under Phase 1 of NEL Bus Rationalisation
- 2011 (07 Mar): Designated wheelchair-accessible bus route (WAB)
- 2013: Service improvement under the Bus Service Enhancement Programme (BSEP)
- 2017 (12 Feb): Calls at a pair of bus stops along Tampines Ave 5 & new pair of bus stops at Ubi Ave 2
- Refer to this article
- 2003: Amended to present routing. No significant route changes since 2003.