SBS Transit Bus Service 249 is a Jurong Industrial Service running from Boon Lay Bus Interchange and looping at Jalan Samulun, passing through Jalan Boon Lay and Jalan Buroh. It is the only JIS to ply an offshore island (Pulau Samulun), and the first to receive a fully air-conditioned fleet.
|Bus Service 249: Boon Lay ↺ Jalan Samulun (Loop)|
|From Boon Lay||Looping at Jalan Samulun|
||Boon Lay Bus Interchange ↺ Jalan Samulun (Loop)|
|Passes Through||Jln Boon Lay, Jln Buroh, Tg Kling Rd|
|Route Length||15.6 km|
|Travelling Time||60 mins|
|BCM Route Package||Jurong West Bus Package|
|Current Operator||SBS Transit Ltd|
|Current Depot||Soon Lee Bus Park (SLBP)|
|Current Fleet||12-metre Double Deck Bus:
– Volvo B9TL
|Departure Times from Boon Lay
||0545hrs – 2330hrs (Daily)|
|0630-0830: 05 – 07 mins
0831-1659: 07 – 17 mins
1700-1900: 07 – 10 mins
After 1900: 09 – 18 mins
Service 249 is an industrial route linking the industries around Jalan Boon Lay, Jalan Buroh, Tanjong Kling and Pulau Samulun to the Jurong West Town Centre. Its sectors along Tanjong Kling Road and Jln Samulun mainly serves workers at Jurong Shipyard.
As an industrial service, demand is high during the peak hours, and relatively low during off-peak hours.
MRT Stations Served
- EW27 Boon Lay
- 1978 – 2001: Singapore Bus Services Ltd
- 2001 – Present: SBS Transit Ltd
The Bus Service Operating License (BSOL) for this route will be renewed in 2024 under the Jurong West Bus Package.
- 1978 (01 Jun): Introduced as Jurong Int – Jalan Samulun (Loop)
- 1990 (1 Jul): Amended to Boon Lay Int – Jalan Samulun (Loop) when Jurong Int closed, no longer serves Tanjong Kling Rd (Jurong Shipyard) on return direction
- 2001 (11 Feb): Amended to serve all stops along Jln Boon Lay during the Jurong West Rationalisation
- 2006 (04 Mar): Calls at a new pair of bus stops before and after Jln Buroh along Tg Kling Rd
- 2006 (18 Jun): Amended to Boon Lay Temp Int
- 2007: Air-conditioned buses deployed
- 2009 (27 Dec): Amended to Boon Lay Integrated Transport Hub
- 2016 (25 Jan): Designated wheelchair-accessible bus route (WAB)
- Refer to this article
- 2006: Amended to present routing. No significant route changes since 2006.
External Links & References: