SBS Transit Bus Service 402 is a trunk route serving the Marina Bay area, running from Shenton Way Terminal and looping at Marina Bay Cruise Center, via Marina Boulevard. Prior to the opening of the Marina South Pier MRT Station on 23 Nov 2014, the route was the sole public transport connection to Marina South Pier and Marina Bay Cruise Centre.
Bus Service 402 was amended to serve the relocated Shenton Way Bus Terminal on 25 Jun 2017.
|Bus Service 402: Shenton Way ↺ Marina Coastal Drive
|From Shenton Way
||Looping at Marina Coastal Dr
- No alighting at Shenton Way Bus Terminal.
||Shenton Way Bus Terminal ↺ Marina Coastal Drive (Loop)|
|Passes Through||Cecil Street, Marina Blvd, Central Blvd|
|Route Length||9.0 km|
|Travelling Time||30 mins|
|BCM Route Package||Bukit Merah Bus Package|
|Current Operator||SBS Transit Ltd|
|Current Depot||Ang Mo Kio Bus Depot (AMDEP)|
|Current Fleet||12-metre Single Deck Buses:
– Mercedes-Benz O530 Citaro
– Scania K230UB
|Departure Times from Shenton Way
||0600 – 2345 (Daily)|
|0630 – 0830: 08 – 13 mins
0831 – 1659: 11 – 18 mins
1700 – 1900: 13 – 18 mins
After 1900: 15 – 17 mins
Service 402 serves the Marina Coastal area with connections to Marina Bay MRT and Shenton Way. Generally low in demand, it shuttles passengers between Tanjong Pagar and Marina South Pier or Marina Bay Cruise Center. During the annual Kusu Pilgrimage Season, more buses will be added in anticipation for much high demand at Marina South Pier.
With the opening of the Marina South Pier MRT Station along the North South Line extension on 23 Nov 2014, demand for Service 402 fell, but service levels were not reduced.
MRT Stations Served:
- 2006 – Present: SBS Transit Ltd
The Bus Service Operating License (BSOL) for this route will be renewed in 2018 under the Bukit Merah Bus Package.
- 2006 (01 Apr): Introduced between Marina Coastal Dr & Anson Rd to serve the new Marina South Pier.
- 2011 (28 Nov): Amended to start from Shenton Way Ter & loop at Marina South Pier.
- 2011 (27 Jun): Designated wheelchair-accessible bus route (WAB)
- 2012 (13 May): Extended to serve International Cruise Terminal along Marina Coastal Dr, calling at the bus stop at Marina South Pier twice. Red/White destination plates were introduced, indicating ‘Cruise Ter’ (Red) & ‘Shenton Way’ (White) as a destination indicator.
- 2013 (21 Apr): Calls at additional pair of bus stops outside the Marina South Pier with the removal of Marina South Pier Ter.
- 2013 (29 Dec): Post-MCE route amendments to ply:
- Forward journey via Marina Stn Rd, Central Blvd, Marina Way, Marina Blvd
- Return journey via Central Blvd, Marina St, Marina Stn Rd, Central Blvd and Shenton Way
- Exsting bus stops along Marina Pl, Marina St and Marina Stn Rd abolished
- Calls at new bus stops along its new route
- 2014: Service improvement under the Bus Service Enhancement Programme (BSEP)
- 2014 (28 Sep): Route Amendments in Marina South Area: [Link]
- Forward journey towards Marina South Pier amended to Cecil St & Marina Blvd, omitting Maxwell Rd and calling at 4 additional bus stops
- Return journey via Central Blvd, new stop outside Marina Bay Stn. Existing stop along Marina St abolished.
- Skips 03222 Hub Synergy Pt along Anson Rd, and serves 03223 Intl Plaza instead
- 2017 (25 Jun): Amended to relocated Shenton Way Bus Terminal.
- Refer to this article
- 2014: Amended to present routing. No significant route changes since 2014.
External Links & References: