SBS Transit Bus Service 400 is a trunk route serving the Marina Bay area, running from Shenton Way Terminal and looping at Marina Coastal Drive, via Marina Boulevard, Marina Gardens Drive and Central Boulevard. It is a vital bus service link between Marina Barrage and Marina Bay MRT Station.
Service 400 was extended to serve Marina South Pier & Marina Bay Cruise Centre as a Route Integration with Service 402 from 16 June 2019.
📶 This Bus Service is Wi-Fi enabled, connect to #FreeWiFi@SBST.
- No alighting at Shenton Way Bus Terminal
||Shenton Way Bus Terminal ↺ Marina Coastal Drive (Loop)|
|Passes Through||Cecil Street, Marina Blvd, Marina Gardens Drive, Central Blvd|
|Route Length||11.4 km|
|Travelling Time||33 – 52 mins|
|BCM Route Package||Bukit Merah Bus Package|
|Current Operator||SBS Transit Ltd|
|Current Depot||Ulu Pandan Bus Depot (UPDEP)|
|Current Fleet||12-metre Double Deck Buses:
– Volvo B9TL
12-metre Single Deck Buses:
– Mercedes-Benz O530 Citaro
– Scania K230UB
|Departure Times from Shenton Way
||0600 – 2340 (Daily)|
|All Day: 20 mins|
Service 400 serves the Marina South and Marina Coastal area with connections to Marina Bay MRT, Downtown MRT and Shenton Way. Before the mass redevelopment of Marina South, much of the area was a park and Service 400 provided the bus connections needed. In recent years, the construction of the Circle Line Extension and Downtown Line have diminished the role of Service 400 as a crucial connecting route in the Marina South area; however it still receives demand from shuttling passengers between Tanjong Pagar, Downtown and Marina Bay MRT stations to the Marina Barrage and Gardens by the Bay (Bay South).
With the route integration with Service 402 in June 2019, Service 400 now serves Marina South Pier MRT Station as well as Marina Bay Cruise Centre.
Formerly designated as a Parks service in 2005 (serving Marina City Park and Marina Padang), it was reverted back to a normal trunk route in 2009.
During New Year’s Eve, operating hours will be extended. Exact last bus hours are announced by SBS Transit closer to the day.
On-Demand Public Bus (ODPB) Trial
To facilitate the ODPB Trial from 17 December 2018 to 14 June 2019, Service 400 operates at a frequency of 40 minutes during off peak hours on Weekdays (Except Public Holidays). Commuters may book an On-Demand Public Bus (On-Demand Public Bus – Marina – Downtown Area) through the BusNow app.
ODPB Trial Hours – Marina – Downtown Area
- Weekdays from 17 Dec 2018 to 14 Jun 2019:
1100hrs – 1500hrs & 2030hrs – 2345hrs
Departure Timings of Service 400 during ODPB trial hours
- From Shenton Way Bus Terminal, Weekdays (Except Public Holidays) during the On-Demand Public Bus Trial:
1100hrs, 1140hrs, 1220hrs, 1300hrs, 1340hrs, 1420hrs, 1500hrs,
2010hrs, 2050hrs, 2130hrs, 2210hrs, 2250hrs, 2330hrs
With the End of the On-Demand Public Bus trial, Service 400 was extended to serve Marina South Pier & Marina Bay Cruise Centre along Marina Coastal Drive, merging with Service 402 from 16 June 2019. As such, Service 402 was withdrawn. Operating hours and frequency for Service 400 was also revised.
Double Decker buses are deployed on Weekends & Public Holidays only.
MRT Stations Served:
Fare: Charges basic distance fares. See Bus Fares.
- 1989 – 2001: Singapore Bus Services Ltd
- 2001 – Present: SBS Transit Ltd
The Bus Service Operating License (BSOL) for this route will be renewed in 2023 under the Bukit Merah Bus Package
- 1989 (30 Jul): Introduced as Shenton Way – Marina Mall (Loop), operating on Sundays and Public Holidays from 1400hrs-2300hrs.
- 2005 (14 Nov): Designated as Parks Services
- 2009 (15 Mar): Reverted back to trunk service.
- 2009 (19 Jul): Amended to Marina Gardens Dr (Marina Barrage), no longer serves Marina Grove, Marina Place & Marina Way.
- 2011 (27 Jun): Designated wheelchair-accessible bus route (WAB)
- 2012 (24 Jun): Amended to serve the new Marina Gardens Dr (along Gardens by the Bay) instead of Marina Mall.
- 2013 (29 Dec): Post-MCE route amendments to ply:
- Forward journey via Marina Stn Rd, Central Blvd, Marina Way, Marina Blvd, Marina Gdns Dr
- Return journey via Central Blvd, Marina St, Marina Stn Rd, Central Blvd and Shenton Way
- Existing bus stops along Marina Pl, Marina St and Marina Stn Rd abolished
- Calls at new bus stops along its new route
- 2014 (28 Sep): Route Amendments in Marina South Area: [Link]
- Forward journey towards Marina Barrage amended to Cecil St & Marina Blvd, omitting Maxwell Rd and calling at 4 additional bus stops
- Return journey via Central Blvd, new stop outside Marina Bay Stn. Existing stop along Marina St abolished.
- Skips 03222 Hub Synergy Pt along Anson Rd, and serves 03223 Intl Plaza instead
- 2017 (25 Jun): Amended to relocated Shenton Way Bus Terminal.
- 2018 (18 Nov): Start of operations under Bukit Merah Bus Package (Tendered Contract)
- 2019 (16 Jun): Extended to Marina Coastal Drive as an integration with Service 402.
- Refer to this article
- 2019: Amended to present routing. No significant route changes since 2019.