City Direct Service 655 is an AM/PM Peak City Direct service between West Coast and the CBD, passing through Teban/Pandan Gardens, West Coast and Shenton Way. It is the fifth City Direct route introduced under the Bus Service Enhancement Programme (BSEP).
SBS Transit Ltd has taken over operations of City Direct Service 655 on 17 Apr 2017.
|City Direct 655:
West Coast Rd → Marina Blvd | Ctrl Blvd → West Coast Rd
Towards West Coast
||[AM]: West Coast Road (Bet Blk 50/51) → Marina Boulevard (Marina Bay Financial Ctr)
[PM]: Central Boulevard (Marina Bay Stn) → West Coast Road (Opp Blk 51)
|Passes Through||Teban Gardens, Pandan Gardens, Shenton Way|
|Route Length||17.3 km (D1) | 17.9 km (D2)|
|Travelling Time||56 mins (AM) | 48 mins (PM)|
|BCM Route Package||City Direct Bus Services|
|Current Operator||SBS Transit Ltd|
|Current Depot||Bukit Batok Bus Depot (BBDEP)|
|Current Fleet||12-metre Single Deck Buses
– Mercedes-Benz Citaro
– Scania K230UB
|Departure Times from West Coast Rd
||0735 – 0750 (Weekdays except Public Holidays), 2 Trips|
|Departure Times from Central Blvd
||1820 – 1835 (Weekdays except Public Holidays), 2 Trips|
|15 mins||15 mins|
City Direct Service 655 provides residents of Teban Gardens, Pandan Gardens and West Coast with greater connectivity to the CBD. The service provides a travel alternative for commuters who would otherwise rely on the rail network/feeder buses or alternative trunk services to and from work. The route incorporates an express sector between West Coast Road and Anson Road/Shenton Way via West Coast Highway.
This is the fifth City Direct service to be introduced under the Bus Service Enhancement Programme (BSEP), providing more options for commuters using stretches of the existing rail lines that experience persistently high ridership, while the ongoing rail enhancement measures are being implemented.
In addition to City Direct 655, Premium Services 533 and 762 also ply between West Coast and the CBD as of April 2017.
- From Bet Blks 50/51, West Coast Rd: 0735hrs, 0750hrs
- From Marina Bay Stn, Central Blvd: 1820hrs, 1835hrs
Fares: Charges regular distance-based express fares. Calculate your bus fare using LTA’s fare calculator on MyTransport.sg here.
Fleet: Service 655’s fleet comprises Single-Deck buses from SBS Transit.
- 17 Feb 2014 – 14 Apr 2017: Woodlands Transport Service Pte Ltd
- 17 Apr 2017 onwards: SBS Transit Ltd
- 2014 (17 Feb): Introduced as a bidirectional AM/PM-Peak hour service from West Coast to the CBD under the BSEP. Operates two trips on weekday mornings at 7:35am and 7:50am, and weekday evenings at 6:20pm and 6:35pm. Charges Distance-based flat fares.
- 2015 (23 Mar): Calls at new bus stop 03241 Anson Rd – Mapletree Anson instead of 03222 Anson Rd – Hub Synergy Point
- 2016 (18 Jan): Operating contract for City Direct 655 by Woodlands Transport Service Pte Ltd extended by one more year.
- 2017 (17 Apr): Operations transferred to SBS Transit Ltd.
External Links & References: