Under the BCM, bus routes are bundled into bus packages, consisting of a single bus depot, several bus interchanges/terminals, the bus routes and the buses themselves. With all bus infrastructure belonging to the Government, the Land Transport Authority (LTA) would contract out the bus package, select a bus operator (through a competitive tendering process), and lease these assets to the new operator.
The successful tenderer operates these bus routes and collects fares on behalf of LTA, while maintaining the associated bus infrastructure (buses & onboard equipment, depots, interchanges & terminals). In return, the operator is awarded an operating fee from LTA and potential bonuses via an incentive framework.
PT210 – Clementi Bus Package (Negotiated Contract Term: 2016 to 2025):
As part of the Bus Contracting Model which was fully implemented in September 2016, LTA entered into a Negotiated Contract with SBS Transit to operate bus services under the Clementi Bus Package until the awarded operator for the open tender of the Clementi Bus Package takes over operations. This was announced to be in Year 2025 by LTA in 2016.
|Contract PT210: Clementi Bus Package (Negotiated Contract)|
|Operator||SBS Transit Ltd|
|Duration||01 Sep 2016 – 2025 (will be extended; exact duration yet to be announced)|
||7, 32, 33, 48, 74, 74e, 91, 92/92M, 95, 99, 100, 111, 147, 156, 166, 174, 174e, 175, 191, 197, 200, 201, 655, 667, 3N & 5N
(26 bus routes)
|Anchor Bus Depot||Bukit Batok Bus Depot|
|Anchor Bus Interchange / Terminal||Clementi Bus Interchange, Buona Vista Bus Terminal, Ghim Moh Bus Terminal, Kent Ridge Bus Terminal|
In November 2021, as part of the Transition of Downtown Line to Version 2 of the New Rail Financing Framework from January 2022, SBS Transit has agreed to a revised service fee rate for five of its existing bus contracts, that is lower than the current service fee and is benchmarked against recent bus tenders after a review with LTA. The five contracts will be extended (by an average of three years) at these revised rates. [LTA Press Release]
As published in an article on The Straits Times, Clementi Bus Package is one of the bus contracts that would be extended at a revised rate. However, the exact number of years extended for this bus package has not been announced publicly by LTA.
Clementi Bus Package contains 26 existing bus services, all of which are currently operated by SBS Transit.
|7||Bedok ↔ Clementi||Trunk|
|32||Bedok ↔ Buona Vista||Trunk|
|33||Bedok ↔ Kent Ridge||Trunk|
|48||Bedok North Bus Depot ↔ Buona Vista||Trunk|
|74||Hougang Central ↔ Buona Vista||Trunk|
|74e||Hougang Central ⇄ Buona Vista||Express|
|91||Buona Vista ↺ Ayer Rajah Crescent||Trunk|
|92||Ghim Moh ↺ Science Park Drive||Trunk|
|95||Kent Ridge ↺ Holland Road||Trunk|
|99||Clementi ↔ Joo Koon||Trunk|
|100||Serangoon ↔ Ghim Moh||Trunk|
|111||Ghim Moh ↺ Temasek Avenue||Trunk|
|147||Hougang Central ↔ Clementi||Trunk|
|156||Sengkang ↔ Clementi||Trunk|
|166||Ang Mo Kio ↔ Clementi||Trunk|
|174||Boon Lay ↔ Kampong Bahru||Trunk|
|174e||Boon Lay ⇄ Kampong Bahru||Express|
|175||Clementi ↔ Lorong 1 Geylang||Trunk|
|191||Buona Vista ↺ Media Circle||Trunk|
|197||Bedok ↔ Jurong East||Trunk|
|200||Buona Vista ↺ Kent Ridge||Trunk|
|201||Kent Ridge ↺ Pandan Gardens||Trunk|
||West Coast Road ⇄ Marina Boulevard / Central Boulevard||City Direct|
||Clementi Avenue 4 ⇄ Marina Boulevard / Central Boulevard||City Direct|
|3N||Marina Centre → Choa Chu Kang North 5||Night|
|5N||Marina Centre → Jurong West Street 92||Night|
Short Trip & Supplementary Bus Services
These services do not add to the overall service count.
|7A||Bedok → Orchard Boulevard (Bef Orchard Stn Exit B)||Short Trip|
|7B||Clementi → Orchard Road (Dhoby Ghaut Stn)||Short Trip|
||Kent Ridge → Tiong Bahru Road (Blk 1)||Short Trip|
||Bedok → Old Airport Road (Blk 22)||Short Trip|
||Ghim Moh → Ghim Moh Road (Blk 13)||Short Trip|
||Ghim Moh → Science Park Drive (The Rutherford)||Short Trip|
||Ghim Moh ↺ North Buona Vista Road||Supplementary|
||Kent Ridge → North Buona Vista Road (Buona Vista Stn Exit C)||Short Trip|
||Serangoon → Aljunied Road (Aljunied Stn)||Short Trip|
||Hougang Central → New Bridge Road (Aft Duxton Plain Pk)||Short Trip|
||Buona Vista → Kent Ridge||Short Trip|
Clementi Bus Package – Negotiated Contract (PT210) Timeline
- 2016 (11 Aug): Clementi Bus Package mentioned as one of 11 Negotiated Contract (NC) Packages, and operated by SBS Transit.
- 2017 (17 Apr): City Direct 655 added to the Clementi bus package
- 2018 (28 Jan): Bus Service 147e added to the Clementi Bus Package.
- 2018 (25 Feb): Bus Services 7A & 7B added as part of Service 7’s operating requirements to the Clementi Bus Package.
- 2020 (09 Feb): Bus Service 147e removed from Clementi Bus Package.
- 2020 (08 Apr): Bus Services 174e, 655, 667, 3N & 5N temporarily suspended due to Singapore COVID-19 Circuit Breaker Measures.
- 2020 (15 Apr): Bus Service 74e temporarily suspended due to Singapore COVID-19 Circuit Breaker Measures.
- 2020 (02 Jun): Resumption of Bus Services 74e, 174e, 655 & 667. Bus Services 3N & 5N remain suspended.
- 2021 (Nov): Announcement of extension of bus contract at a revised rate by SBS Transit / LTA as part of the Transition of Downtown Line to Version 2 of the New Rail Financing Framework from January 2022; exact duration of extension has not been announced publicly by LTA.
External Links & References:
- Bus Industry to complete transition to BCM on 1 Sep 2016 – LTA
- Transition of Downtown Line to New Rail Financing Framework Version Two – LTA
- Downtown Line to transition to new rail financing framework from January 2022 – The Straits Times
Back to Bus Contracting Model