Bus Contracting Model (BCM) Route Package #13:
“Clementi Bus Package” (25 bus routes)
First announced on 11 August 2016, the Clementi Bus Package is one of fourteen bus packages to be released by the Land Transport Authority (LTA) as part of the transition to the Bus Contracting Model (BCM). Currently, SBS Transit operates all bus services in this package under a Negotiated Contract (NC) model until Year 2025.
This package comprises 25 existing bus services mainly originating from Clementi Bus Interchange, Buona Vista Bus Terminal, Ghim Moh Bus Terminal and Kent Ridge Bus Terminal, with a handful originating at Jurong East, Boon Lay and Marina Centre.
All bus operations would likely be based out of Bukit Batok Bus Depot, which is located along Bukit Batok Street 23.
Bus Service 147e was added into the Clementi Bus Package in January 2018.
|Name||To Be Announced|
|Awarded||To Be Announced|
|Duration||Five years, with two-year extension granted based on good performance|
|Published||To Be Announced|
|Closing||To Be Announced|
|Services||7, 32, 33, 48, 74, 74e, 91, 92/92M, 95, 99, 100, 111, 147, 147e, 156, 166, 174, 174e, 175, 191, 197, 200, 201, 3N, 5N|
|Bus Depot||Bukit Batok Bus Depot|
|Anchor Interchanges / Terminals||Clementi, Buona Vista, Ghim Moh, Kent Ridge|
Clementi Bus Package contains 25 existing bus services, all of which are currently operated by SBS Transit.
|7||Bedok ↔ Clementi||Trunk|
|32||Bedok ↔ Buona Vista||Trunk|
|33||Bedok ↔ Kent Ridge||Trunk|
|48||Bedok North Bus Depot ↔ Buona Vista||Trunk|
|74||Hougang Central ↔ Buona Vista||Trunk|
|74e||Hougang Central ⇄ Buona Vista||Express|
|91||Buona Vista ↺ Ayer Rajah Crescent||Trunk|
|92||Ghim Moh ↺ Science Park Drive||Trunk|
|95||Kent Ridge ↺ Holland Road||Trunk|
|99||Clementi ↔ Joo Koon||Trunk|
|100||Serangoon ↔ Ghim Moh||Trunk|
|111||Ghim Moh ↺ Temasek Avenue||Trunk|
|147||Hougang Central ↔ Clementi||Trunk|
|147e||New Bridge Road / Eu Tong Sen Street ↔ Clementi||Express|
|156||Sengkang ↔ Clementi||Trunk|
|166||Ang Mo Kio ↔ Clementi||Trunk|
|174||Boon Lay ↔ Kampong Bahru||Trunk|
|174e||Boon Lay ⇄ Kampong Bahru||Express|
|175||Clementi ↔ Lorong 1 Geylang||Trunk|
|191||Buona Vista ↺ Media Circle||Trunk|
|197||Bedok ↔ Jurong East||Trunk|
|200||Buona Vista ↺ Kent Ridge||Trunk|
|201||Kent Ridge ↺ Pandan Gardens||Trunk|
|3N||Marina Centre → Choa Chu Kang North 5||Night|
|5N||Marina Centre → Jurong West Street 92||Night|
Short Trip & Supplementary Bus Services
These services do not add to the overall service count.
|7A||Bedok → Orchard Boulevard (Bef Orchard Stn Exit B)||Short Trip|
|7B||Clementi → Orchard Road (Dhoby Ghaut Stn)||Short Trip|
||Kent Ridge → Tiong Bahru Road (Blk 1)||Short Trip|
||Bedok → Old Airport Road (Blk 22)||Short Trip|
||Ghim Moh → Ghim Moh Road (Blk 13)||Short Trip|
||Ghim Moh → Science Park Drive (The Rutherford)||Short Trip|
||Ghim Moh ↺ North Buona Vista Road||Supplementary|
||Kent Ridge → North Buona Vista Road (Buona Vista Stn Exit C)||Short Trip|
||Serangoon → Aljunied Road (Aljunied Stn)||Short Trip|
||Hougang Central → New Bridge Road (Aft Duxton Plain Pk)||Short Trip|
||Buona Vista → Kent Ridge||Short Trip|
Scope of Tender:
As part of the tender, the new Operator will be required to fulfill responsibilities as such:
- Operate the twenty-five (25) bus services in the areas in accordance with specified EWT performance standards
- Operate and maintain the buses and their onboard equipment provided by LTA
- Operate and maintain Clementi Bus Interchange, Buona Vista, Ghim Moh and Kent Ridge Bus Terminals, and Bukit Batok Bus Depot, including all equipment and systems provided therein
- Charge and collect the fares approved by the Public Transport Council, on behalf of the Government
- Provide bus service information at all bus stops and bus interchanges served by the 25 bus services
- Provide customer management services, such as lost and found service, and a hotline for commuter feedback and enquiries.
All bus services will have scheduled headways of no more than 15 minutes for both directions during the morning and evening peak periods, with at least half of them having even shorter scheduled headways of no more than 10 minutes. Of these, the feeder services will run at even shorter intervals of 6-8 minutes. An estimated 45% of bus services will come at shorter intervals during peak periods when compared to the expanded BSEP.
More guidelines can be found in the main Bus Contracting Model (BCM) article.
Bus Interchanges & Terminals under the package:
Bus Depot under the package:
Route Package Timeline:
- 2016 (11 Aug): Clementi Bus Package mentioned as one of 11 Negotiated Contract (NC) Packages, and operated by SBS Transit.
- 2018 (28 Jan): Bus Service 147e added to the Clementi Bus Package.
- 2018 (25 Feb): Bus Services 7A & 7B added as part of Service 7’s operating requirements to the Clementi Bus Package.
External Links & References:
Back to Bus Contracting Model