Bus Contracting Model (BCM) Route Package #13:
“Clementi Bus Package” (25 bus routes)
First announced on 11 August 2016, the Clementi Bus Package is one of fourteen bus packages to be released by the Land Transport Authority (LTA) as part of the transition to the Bus Contracting Model (BCM). Currently, SBS Transit operates all bus services in this package under a Negotiated Contract (NC) model until Year 2025.
This package comprises 25 existing bus services mainly originating from Clementi Bus Interchange, Buona Vista Bus Terminal, Ghim Moh Bus Terminal and Kent Ridge Bus Terminal, with a handful originating at Jurong East, Boon Lay and Marina Centre.
All bus operations would likely be based out of Bukit Batok Bus Depot, which is located along Bukit Batok Street 23.
Bus Service 147e was added into the Clementi Bus Package in January 2018.
|Name||To Be Announced|
|Awarded||To Be Announced|
|Duration||Five years, with two-year extension granted based on good performance|
|Published||To Be Announced|
|Closing||To Be Announced|
|Services||7, 32, 33, 48, 74, 74e, 91, 92/92M, 95, 99, 100, 111, 147, 147e, 156, 166, 174, 174e, 175, 191, 197, 200, 201, 3N, 5N|
|Bus Depot||Bukit Batok Bus Depot|
|Anchor Interchanges / Terminals||Clementi, Buona Vista, Ghim Moh, Kent Ridge|
Clementi Bus Package contains 25 existing bus services, all of which are currently operated by SBS Transit.
|Service||Destination 1||Destination 2||Type||Description|
|7A||Bedok||Orchard Blvd||Trunk||Supplementary route|
|7B||Clementi||Orchard Rd||Trunk||Supplementary route|
|48||Buona Vista||Bedok North Depot||Trunk|
|74||Buona Vista||Hougang Ctrl||Trunk|
|74e||Buona Vista||Hougang Ctrl||Express||Peak hour limited-stop|
|91||Buona Vista||↺ Ayer Rajah Cres||Trunk||No Operation on Sun/PHs|
|92||Ghim Moh||↺ Science Park Dr||Trunk||No Operation on Sun/PHs|
|92M||Ghim Moh||↺ North Buona Vista Rd||Trunk||Supplementary route|
|95||Kent Ridge||↺ Holland Rd||Trunk|
|111||Ghim Moh||↺ Temasek Ave||Trunk|
|147e||Clementi||Clarke Quay||Express||Daily, Limited-Stop|
|166||Clementi||Ang Mo Kio||Trunk|
|174||Boon Lay||Kampong Bahru||Trunk|
|174e||Boon Lay||Kampong Bahru||Express||Peak hour limited-stop|
|175||Clementi||Lor 1 Geylang||Trunk|
|191||Buona Vista||↺ Media Circle||Trunk|
|200||Buona Vista||↺ Kent Ridge Ter||Trunk|
|201||Kent Ridge||↺ Teban Gdns Rd||Trunk|
|3N||Marina Centre||→ Choa Chu Kang North 5||Night||Night Service|
|5N||Marina Centre||→ Jurong West St 92||Night||Night Service|
Services 7A, 7B & 92M is considered as a supplementary service of its parent service and does not add to the overall service count. Short Trip Services are not included in the above list.
Scope of Tender:
As part of the tender, the new Operator will be required to fulfill responsibilities as such:
- Operate the twenty-five (25) bus services in the areas in accordance with specified EWT performance standards
- Operate and maintain the buses and their onboard equipment provided by LTA
- Operate and maintain Clementi Bus Interchange, Buona Vista, Ghim Moh and Kent Ridge Bus Terminals, and Bukit Batok Bus Depot, including all equipment and systems provided therein
- Charge and collect the fares approved by the Public Transport Council, on behalf of the Government
- Provide bus service information at all bus stops and bus interchanges served by the 25 bus services
- Provide customer management services, such as lost and found service, and a hotline for commuter feedback and enquiries.
All bus services will have scheduled headways of no more than 15 minutes for both directions during the morning and evening peak periods, with at least half of them having even shorter scheduled headways of no more than 10 minutes. Of these, the feeder services will run at even shorter intervals of 6-8 minutes. An estimated 45% of bus services will come at shorter intervals during peak periods when compared to the expanded BSEP.
More guidelines can be found in the main Bus Contracting Model (BCM) article.
Bus Interchanges & Terminals under the package:
Bus Depot under the package:
Route Package Timeline:
- 2016 (11 Aug): Clementi Bus Package mentioned as one of 11 Negotiated Contract (NC) Packages, and operated by SBS Transit.
- 2018 (28 Jan): Bus Service 147e added to the Clementi Bus Package.
- 2018 (25 Feb): Bus Services 7A & 7B added as part of Service 7’s operating requirements to the Clementi Bus Package.
External Links & References:
Back to Bus Contracting Model