SBS Transit Bus Service 191 is a trunk route running from Buona Vista Terminal and looping at Media Circle, passing through North Buona Vista Road and Portsdown Road.
- No boarding and alighting at Buona Vista Terminal.
||Buona Vista Bus Terminal ↺ Media Circle (Loop)|
|Passes Through||C’wealth Ave, Portsdown Rd|
|Route Length||7.5 km|
|Travelling Time||30 mins|
|BCM Route Package||Clementi Bus Package|
|Current Operator||SBS Transit Ltd
|Current Depot||Bukit Batok Bus Depot (BBDEP)|
|Current Fleet||12-metre Single Deck Bus:
– Mercedes-Benz O530 Citaro
– Scania K230UB
|Departure Times from Buona Vista
||0630hrs – 2010hrs (Daily)|
|0630 – 0830: 15 – 20 mins
0831 – 1659: 15- 20 mins
1700 – 1900: 15 mins
After 1900: 20 mins
Service 191 primarily serves low-density private housing estates at Portsdown Road with connections to Buona Vista MRT and Holland. The route also serves the Fusionopolis development near one-north.
Before its BSEP addition, the service was running with only 1 bus, with one of the lowest frequencies of any bus service in Singapore. Two Mercedes-Benz Citaro buses were added under the BSEP scheme in 2013.
No boarding and alighting is allowed at Buona Vista Bus Terminal. The first and last stop of this route is 11381 Blk 10A and 11389 Blk 46 along Holland Drive respectively.
2015 Route Extension to Media Circle
With the opening of the new Mediacorp Campus at Media Circle, Service 191 was extended to loop at Media Circle, omitting a bus stop along Portsdown Avenue from 06 December 2015. This brings about connections from the new Mediacorp campus to both one-north and Buona Vista MRT Stations.
MRT Stations Served:
Fleet: See Above.
- 1988 – 2001: Singapore Bus Services Ltd
- 2001 – Present: SBS Transit Ltd
The Bus Service Operating License (BSOL) for this route will be renewed in 2025 under the Clementi Bus Package.
- 1988 (29 May): Introduced from Ghim Moh to Portsdown Rd (Loop), covering deleted sectors of service 33 and 200.
- 1991: Amended to start from Buona Vista.
- 2013: Service improvement under the Bus Service Enhancement Programme (BSEP)
- 2015 (06 Dec): Extended to loop at Media Circle, skipping a bus stop along Portsdown Ave.
- 2017 (21 Aug): Designated wheelchair-accessible bus route (WAB)
- Refer to this article
- 2015: Amended to present routing. No significant route changes since 2015.
External Links & References: