City Direct Bus Service 667 is an AM/PM Peak City Direct Service between Clementi / Dover and the Central Business District, passing through Commonwealth Ave West. It is the seventeenth City Direct route introduced under the Bus Service Enhancement Programme (BSEP).
Due to the Singapore COVID-19 Circuit Breaker Measures, City Direct 667 will be suspended from 8 April 2020 to 4 May 2020.
|Route||[AM]: Clementi Ave 4 (Blk 308) → Marina Blvd (Marina Bay Financial Ctr)
[PM]: Central Blvd (Marina Bay Stn) → Clementi Ave 4 (Blk 308)
|Passes Through||Clementi Ave 2, Clementi Ave 5, Dover Rd, Dover Ave|
|Route Length||Towards Marina Blvd: 14.1 km||Towards Clementi Ave 4: 14.4 km|
|Travelling Time||50 mins|
|BCM Route Package||City Direct Bus Services|
|Current Operator||SBS Transit Ltd
||Bukit Batok Bus Depot (BBDEP)|
|Current Fleet||12-meter Single-Deck Buses
– Mercedes-Benz Citaro
|Departure Times from Clementi Ave 4
||Weekdays except Public Holidays|
|07:45 – 08:00 (2 Trips)|
|Departure Times from Central Blvd||Weekdays except Public Holidays|
|18:20 – 18:35 (2 Trips)|
|From Clementi Ave 4
|From Central Blvd||15 mins|
|Fare||Charges express distance fares
City Direct Service 667 provides residents of Clementi and Dover with greater connectivity to the CBD. The service provides a travel alternative for commuters who relied on the rail network and feeder buses to and from work. The route incorporates an express sector between Dover and the CBD via AYE.
This is the seventeenth City Direct service to be introduced under the Bus Service Enhancement Programme (BSEP), which provides more options for commuters using stretches of the existing rail lines that experience persistently high ridership, while the ongoing rail enhancement measures are being implemented.
Rides were provided free-of-charge on its first day of service, which saw good ridership for both AM and PM trips.
- AM Peak from Clementi Ave 4 (Blk 308): 07:45 & 08:00
- PM Peak from Central Blvd (Marina Bay Stn): 18:20 & 18:35
MRT Stations Served
- 2015 (05 Aug): Tender for City Directs 666 to 670 announced; tender closes 31 Aug 2015.
- 2015 (14 Dec): Tender for Bedok Reservoir City Direct, Clementi / Dover City Direct & Yishun West awarded to Tong Tar Transport Service Pte Ltd at $3.41 million.
- 2016 (08 Mar): City Direct 667 launched.
- 2020 (09 Mar): Operations transferred to SBS Transit Ltd
- 2020 (08 Apr – 04 May): Temporarily suspended due to Singapore COVID-19 Circuit Breaker Measures.
- 08 Mar 2016 – 06 Mar 2020: Tong Tar Transport Service Pte Ltd
- 09 Mar 2020 onward: SBS Transit Ltd
External Links & References:
- “More Travel Options with Five New City Direct Services.” Land Transport Authority. February 22, 2016.