SBS Transit Bus Service 197 is a trunk route running between Bedok and Jurong East, passing through Marine Parade, Guillemard, Bugis, Chinatown, Bukit Merah and AYE.
||Bedok Bus Interchange ↔ Jurong East Bus Interchange|
|Passes Through||Marine Parade, Guillemard, Bugis, Chinatown, Bukit Merah, AYE|
|Route Length||32.2 km (D1) | 32.5 km (D2)|
|Travelling Time||130 mins|
|BCM Route Package||Clementi Bus Package|
|Current Operator||SBS Transit Ltd
|Current Depot||Bedok North Bus Depot (BNDEP)
Soon Lee Bus Park (SLBP)
|Current Fleet||12-metre Double Deck Bus:
– Volvo B9TL
12-metre Single Deck Bus
– Mercedes-Benz O530 Citaro
– Scania K230UB
|Departure Times from Bedok
||0530hrs – 2345hrs (Daily)|
|Departure Times from Jurong East
||0545hrs – 0000hrs (Daily)|
|Frequency||Direction 1||Direction 2|
|0630-0830: 10 – 11 mins
0831-1659: 08 – 18 mins
1700-1900: 10 – 16 mins
After 1900: 13 – 17 mins
|0630-0830: 07 – 13 mins
0831-1659: 08 – 16 mins
1700-1900: 10 – 14 mins
After 1900: 13 – 14 mins
Service 197 is an inter-town route spanning East and West, connecting residents of Jurong East, Bukit Merah, Guillemard, Tanjong Katong and Marine Parade while passing through the City areas of Chinatown, Clarke Quay and Bugis. The route receives moderate to high demand all-day round.
MRT Stations Served
- EW5 Bedok
- EW10 Kallang
- EW11 Lavender
- EW12DT14 Bugis
- EW13NS25 City Hall
- NE5 Clarke Quay
- NE4DT19 Chinatown
- EW16NE3 Outram Park
- EW24NS1 Jurong East
- Geylang Road (Opp Lor 1 Geylang Ter) → Jurong East Int
Weekdays: 0525hrs, 0535hrs, 0545hrs, 0554hrs, 0620hrs, 0651hrs, 0718hrs
Saturdays: 0525hrs, 0538hrs, 0551hrs
Sundays / Public Holidays: 0525hrs, 0538hrs, 0550hrs
- Neil Road (Aft Kreta Ayer Rd) → Jurong East Int
Weekdays: 0525hrs, 1748hrs, 1831hrs
Saturdays & Sundays / Public Holidays: 0525hrs
Fare: Charges basic distance fares. See Bus Fares.
- 1978 – 2001: Singapore Bus Services Ltd
- 2001 – Present: SBS Transit Ltd
The Bus Service Operating License (BSOL) for this route will be renewed in 2025 under the Clementi Bus Package.
- 1978 (01 Jun): Introduced between Lor 1 Geylang and Jurong Int
- 1990 (01 Jul): Amended to Boon Lay Interchange with the closure of Jurong Interchange.
- 1991 (07 Apr): Merged with service 41 and extended to Bedok.
- 1992 (28 Jun): Shortened to Jurong East. Deleted sectors covered by service 198.
- 2009 (05 Jul): Amended to Boon Lay Way and Jurong East Ctrl due to the closure of Jurong East St 12
- 2011 (19 Nov): Amended to Bedok Temp Int
- 2012 (25 Jun): Designated wheelchair-accessible bus route (WAB)
- 2014 (30 Nov): Amended to Bedok Integrated Transport Hub (ITH)
- 2017 (26 Nov): Calls at B/S 10018 Aft Hosp Dr, Eu Tong Sen St instead of B/S 10039 Bef Hosp Dr, Kg Bahru Rd due to B/S Removal
- Refer to this article
- 1992: Amended to present routing. No significant route changes since 1992.