SBS Transit Bus Service 95 is a trunk route from Kent Ridge Terminal and looping at Holland Road, passing through Kent Ridge Cres, Lower Kent Ridge Road and North Buona Vista Road, serving the NUS Kent Ridge Campus. At one point, this route has the most number of shortworking trips for any bus service (95A – D).
||Kent Ridge Bus Terminal ↺ Holland Road (Loop)|
|Passes Through||Kent Ridge Cres, Lower Kent Ridge Rd, North Buona Vista Rd|
|Route Length||11.4 km|
|Travelling Time||55 mins|
|BCM Route Package||Clementi Bus Package
|Current Operator||SBS Transit Ltd|
|Current Depot||Bukit Batok Bus Depot (BBDEP)|
|Current Fleet||12-metre Double Deck Bus:
– Volvo B9TL
12-metre Single Deck Bus
– Mercedes-Benz O530 Citaro
– Scania K230UB
|Departure Times from Kent Ridge
||0700hrs – 2330hrs (Daily)|
|0630 – 0830: 10 mins
0831 – 1659: 06 – 12 mins
1700 – 1900: 07 – 18 mins
After 1900: 11 – 14 mins
Service 95 primarily serves the National University of Singapore (NUS) Kent Ridge Campus with bus connections to Buona Vista MRT, Kent Ridge MRT and Kent Ridge Bus Terminal, as well as serving the residents of Holland Village to Buona Vista MRT.
Previously the only bus service from NUS to Buona Vista MRT, peak hour demand was exceedingly high, but the opening of Kent Ridge MRT station in Oct 2011 helped distribute the high peak demand to NUS Internal Shuttle Bus (ISB) routes. Currently, NUS ISB Services A1/A2 link Kent Ridge Cres and Lower Buona Vista Rd with Kent Ridge MRT, with Service D2 supplementing A1/A2 along Lower Buona Vista Rd only.
During NUS vacation, buses will operate on a holiday schedule without peak hour fleet additions. During special occasions like NUS Open House, additional buses will be added to cope with higher demand. Double-deck buses were added in early 2011 following continuous weekday overloading and feedback from the NUS Students’ Union (NUSSU).
At one point, this service had the most number of Shortworking Trips of any bus service:
- 95A: North Buona Vista Rd (Opp Buona Vista Stn) → Lower Kent Ridge Road (NUH), AM Peak only
- 95B: Kent Ridge Ter → North Buona Vista Rd (Buona Vista Stn), PM Peak only
- 95C: North Buona Vista Rd (Opp Buona Vista Stn) → Lower Kent Ridge Road (Opp Staff Club), AM Peak only
- 95D: Kent Ridge Ter → Holland Road (Holland Village), PM Peak / last few trips
95A was withdrawn when Kent Ridge Station of the Circle Line opened. 95C and 95D had no real purpose apart from load distribution, and were withdrawn as well. Only 95B remains to help with PM Peak loading.
MRT Stations Served
- Holland Rd (Holland Village) → Kent Ridge Ter
Weekdays: 0600hrs, 0620hrs, 0640hrs, 0700hrs, 0715hrs
Saturdays: 0600hrs, 0622hrs, 0644hrs, 0707hrs
Sundays/PHs: 0600hrs, 0630hrs, 0700hrs
Short Trip Service
- Service 95B: Kent Ridge Ter → North Buona Vista Rd (Buona Vista Stn Exit C)
Weekdays: 1741hrs – 1845hrs | 27 – 37 min frequency
- 1990 – 2001: Singapore Bus Services Ltd
- 2001 – Present: SBS Transit Ltd
The Bus Service Operating License (BSOL) for this route will be renewed in 2025 under the Clementi Bus Package.
- 1990 (15 Jan): Introduced as a Buona Vista – Lower Kent Ridge Rd (NUH) (Loop) service
- 1996: Extended operating hours to Sundays and Public Holidays
- 2001 (23 Jul): Extended to loop at Kent Ridge Ter
- 2006: Extended to serve Holland Ave and Holland Village in Dec 2006 where Kent Ridge Terminal becomes the start and end point.
- 2010 (18 Oct): Designated wheelchair-accessible bus route (WAB)
- 2011 (29 May): Calls at new bus stops at Kent Ridge Stn along Lower Kent Ridge Rd.
- 2013 (13 Oct): Bus stop at Blk 17 North Buona Vista Road relocated to opp Blk 21, Holland Drive
- Refer to this article
- 2006: Amended to present routing. No significant route changes since 2006.