SBS Transit Bus Service 200 is a trunk route running from Buona Vista and looping at Kent Ridge, via North/South Buona Vista Road Pasir Panjang Road. It is the only bus service to serve the full stretch of South Buona Vista Road.
- No Boarding & Alighting at Buona Vista Terminal
||Buona Vista Bus Terminal ↺ Kent Ridge Bus Terminal (Loop)|
|Passes Through||North Buona Vista Rd, South Buona Vista Rd, Pasir Panjang Rd|
|Route Length||16.1 km|
|Travelling Time||60 mins|
|BCM Route Package||Clementi Bus Package|
|Current Operator||SBS Transit Ltd|
|Current Depot||Bukit Batok Bus Depot (BBDEP)|
|Current Fleet||12-metre Single Deck Bus:
– MAN NL323F
– Mercedes-Benz Citaro
|Departure Times from Buona Vista
||0600hrs – 2337hrs (Weekdays)
0600hrs – 2336hrs (Saturdays, Sundays & Public Holidays)
2355hrs (Daily | Service 200A – Ends at Kent Ridge Ter)
|0630-0830: 09 – 10 mins
0831-1659: 09 – 19 mins
1700-1900: 09 – 10 mins
After 1900: 16 – 19 mins
Service 200 is a connecting route between Buona Vista and Kent Ridge alongside Service 95, providing connections between Pasir Panjang and Buona Vista. It heads into South Buona Vista Road, a narrow two-lane road cutting through the forests of Kent Ridge.
The route experiences low demand during off-peak hours due to its limited catchment and the Circle Line between Pasir Panjang and Buona Vista. Demand is moderate during peak hours as workers commute between Buona Vista MRT and Ayer Rajah Industrial Estate / Singapore Science Park II.
MRT Stations Served:
Short Trip Service:
- Service 200A: Buona Vista Ter → Clementi Rd (Kent Ridge Ter)
- Service 200A (Special Departure): North Buona Vista Rd (Buona Vista Stn Exit D) → Clementi Rd (Kent Ridge Ter)
- Clementi Rd (Kent Ridge Ter) → Buona Vista Ter
Weekdays: 0600hrs, 0613hrs
Fare: Charges basic distance fares. See Bus Fares.
- 1971 – 1973: United Bus Company Pte Ltd
- 1973 – 2001: Singapore Bus Services Ltd
- 2001 – Present: SBS Transit Ltd
The Bus Service Operating License (BSOL) for this route will be renewed in 2025 under the Clementi Bus Package.
- 1971 (11 Apr): Introduced between Upp Bt Timah Rd 10 m.s. (Ewart Circus) and South Bouna Vista Rd (near Pasir Panjang Rd), operated by United Bus Company. (Former site of Ewart Circus is now the junction of Jln Anak Bukit and Upper Bukit Timah Rd)
- 1973 (01 Nov): Operated by Singapore Bus Service (SBS)
- 1974 (03 Feb): Amended to terminate at Upp Bt Timah Rd (near Bt Panjang Circus) and Pasir Panjang Rd
- 1979 (30 Dec): Amended to ply Jln Anak Bt towards Pasir Panjang Rd Ter with the partial conversion of Upp Bt Timah Rd to one-way road
- 1981 (05 Jul): Amended to Kent Ridge Ter
- 1981 (15 Nov): Shortened to loop at Jln Anak Bt from Kent Ridge Ter
- 1988 (29 May): Skipped Portsdown Rd with the opening of Buona Vista Flyover
- 1989 (25 Jun): Skips the bus stop after Tan Boon Chong Ave along Holland Rd
- 1993 (05 Dec): Shortened to loop at Holland Dr
- 2001 (01 Nov): Operated by SBS Transit
- 2006 (17 Dec): Amended to start from Buona Vista Ter and loop at Kent Ridge Ter
- 2015 (22 Jun): Designated wheelchair-accessible bus route (WAB)
- Refer to this article
- 2006: Amended to present routing. No significant route changes since 2006.