SBS Transit Bus Service 111 is a trunk route from Ghim Moh Terminal and looping at Suntec City, passing through Commonwealth, Queenstown, Tanglin, Orchard, Dhoby Ghaut and Temasek Avenue.
||Ghim Moh Bus Terminal ↺ Temasek Avenue (Loop)|
|Passes Through||Queenstown, Tanglin Rd, Orchard, Dhoby Ghaut, Suntec City|
|Route Length||22.8 km|
|Travelling Time||85 mins|
|BCM Route Package||Clementi Bus Package|
|Current Operator||SBS Transit Ltd|
|Current Depot||Bukit Batok Bus Depot (BBDEP)|
|Departure Times from Ghim Moh
||0600 – 0000 (Daily)|
|Departure Times from Temasek Ave (Promenade Stn)||0641 – 0038 (Weekdays)
0640 – 0040 (Saturdays)
0636 – 0035 (Sundays & Public Holidays)
|0630 – 0830: 09 – 11 mins
0831 – 1659: 10 – 13 mins
1700 – 1900: 10 – 11 mins
After 1900: 10 – 14 mins
Service 111 primarily serves residents of Ghim Moh, Commonwealth and Queenstown with connections to Orchard Road and Marina Centre. Along with SMRT Service 857, they are the only daily full-day services to loop at the Marina Centre area.
The fast connection provided between housing estates and the Central areas makes this route a popular travel option. It remains one of two routes to serve the low density developments around Tanglin Road.
Fare: Charges basic distance fares. See Bus Fares.
MRT Stations Served
- EW21CC22 Buona Vista
- EW20 Commonwealth
- EW19 Queenstown
- NS22 Orchard
- NS23 Somerset
- NS24NE6CC1 Dhoby Ghaut
- DT21 Bencoolen
- CC2 Bras Basah
- CC3 Esplanade
- EW13NS25 City Hall
- CC4DT15 Promenade
- Penang Road (Dhoby Ghaut Stn) → Ghim Moh Ter
Weekdays: 0600hrs, 0613hrs, 0625hrs, 0638hrs
Weekdays Sch Hols: 0600hrs, 0612hrs, 0624hrs, 0636hrs
Saturdays: 0600hrs, 0612hrs, 0624hrs, 0637hrs
- 1970s – 1973: Associated Bus Services Pte Ltd
- 1973 – 2001: Singapore Bus Services Ltd
- 2001 – Present: SBS Transit Ltd
The Bus Service Operating License (BSOL) for this route will be renewed in 2025 under the Clementi Bus Package.
- 1971 (11 Apr): Introduced between Upp Serangoon Rd (6½ m.s / 10.5 km) and Commonwealth Ave/North Buona Vista Rd, operated by Associated Bus Services
- 1980s: Amended to Buona Vista Ter
- 1983 (30 Oct): Amended to Hougang Int
- 1989 (05 Nov): Amended to Ghim Moh Ter
- 1994 (17 Dec): Extended to Hougang Ctrl Int
- 1998 (24 May) to 2001 (19 May): Terminus relocated to Hougang Ctrl Temp Int
- 2003 (27 Jul): Shortened to start from Ghim Moh terminal and loop at Marina Centre under Phase 2 of NEL Rationalisation.
- 2012 (25 Jun): Designated wheelchair-accessible bus route (WAB)
- Refer to this article
- 2003: Amended to present routing. No significant route changes since 2003.