Tower Transit Bus Service 79 is a trunk route running from Jurong East Int and looping at Boon Lay Int, passing through Teban Gardens, Jln Buroh, Jurong Port Rd and Chin Bee Avenue. It serves largely industrial areas.
Tower Transit Singapore Pte Ltd has taken over operations of this bus service from SBS Transit since 12 June 2016 under the Bulim Bus Package.
|Route||Jurong East Bus Interchange ↺ Boon Lay Bus Interchange (Loop)|
|Passes Through||Teban Gardens, Jln Buroh, Jurong Port Rd, Chin Bee Ave|
|GCM Route Package
||Bulim Bus Package|
|Current Operator||Tower Transit|
|Current Depot||Bulim Bus Depot|
|Current Fleet||Volvo B9TL
|Departure Times from Jurong East
0600 – 2235 (Full Loop)
2235 – 2300 (Terminates at Boon Lay Int)
|Departure Times from Boon Lay
||Daily: 0600 – 2300|
|0630-0830: 07 – 11 mins
0831-1659: 08 – 18 mins
1700-1930: 08 – 17 mins
After 1930: 15 – 18 mins
|Notes||* From 2220hrs daily, buses leaving Jurong East Interchange will terminate at Jurong West Central 3 (Boon Lay Interchange)|
Service 79 is an industrial route connecting the industries at Penjuru, Jurong Port Rd and Chin Bee to Boon Lay and Jurong East, encountering heavy demand during peak hours. It also links Teban Gardens with Jurong East, running parallel to Service 143 & 143M.
From 2220hrs, buses leaving Jurong East Int will be renumbered as 79A and terminate at Boon Lay Int.
- Boon Lay Interchange → Jurong East Int
AM Peak hours
- 79A: Jurong East Int → Boon Lay Interchange
Daily, after 2220hrs
Fare: Charges fares for regular trunk services. See Bus Fares for exact fares.
- 1992 – 2001: Singapore Bus Services Ltd
- 2001 – 11 Jun 2016: SBS Transit Ltd
- 12 Jun 2016 onwards: Tower Transit Singapore Pte Ltd
The Bus Service Operating License (BSOL) for this route will be renewed in 2021.
- 1992: Introduced by SBS as Jurong East Int – Boon Lay Int (Loop)
- 1995: Amended into Chin Bee Ave, Third Chin Bee Rd, International Rd and part of Quality Rd in both directions, with the amendment of service 246.
- 2001: Amended to skip one pair of bus stops along Penjuru Rd and call at a new pair along West Coast Rd, when parts of Teban Gardens Rd were closed.
- 2012 (25 Jun): Designated wheelchair-accessible bus route (WAB)
- 2013: Service improvement under the Bus Service Enhancement Programme (BSEP)
- 2016 (12 Jun): Operations transferred to Tower Transit Singapore Pte Ltd from SBS Transit Ltd. Shortworking Trip 79A introduced, terminating at Boon Lay Int aft 2220hrs daily.
- 2016 (23 Oct): Calls at a new pair of bus stops Bef/Aft Penjuru Rd, along Jln Buroh.
- Refer to this article
- 1995: Amended to present routing. No significant route changes since 1995.
External Links & References: