Tower Transit Bus Service 79 is a trunk route running from Jurong East Temp Int and looping at Boon Lay Int, passing through Teban Gardens, Jln Buroh, Jurong Port Rd and Chin Bee Avenue. It serves largely industrial areas.
Tower Transit Singapore Pte Ltd has taken over operations of this bus service from SBS Transit since 12 June 2016 under the Bulim Bus Package.
|Bus Service 79: Jurong East – Boon Lay (Loop)|
|From Jurong East||Looping at Boon Lay|
|Route||Jurong East Temporary Bus Interchange ↺ Boon Lay Bus Interchange (Loop)|
|Passes Through||Penjuru Road, Jalan Buroh, Pandan Road, West Coast Road|
|Route Length||24.0 km|
|Travelling Time||80 mins|
|BCM Route Package||Bulim Bus Package|
|Current Operator||Tower Transit
(Tower Transit Singapore Pte Ltd)
|Current Depot||Bulim Bus Depot|
|Current Fleet||12-metre Double Deck Buses:
– Alexander Dennis Enviro500
– Volvo B9TL
|Departure Times from Jurong East||Full Loop
0600 – 2215 (Weekdays)
0600 – 2220 (Saturdays, Sundays & Public Holidays)
79A Ends at Boon Lay Int
2230 – 2300 (Weekdays)
2240 – 2300 (Saturdays, Sundays & Public Holidays)
|Departure Times from Boon Lay||0600 – 2300 (Daily)|
|0630-0830: 06 – 10 mins
0831-1659: 08 – 18 mins
1700-1900: 08 – 12 mins
After 1900: 15 – 17 mins
Service 79 is an industrial route connecting the industries at Penjuru, Jurong Port Rd and Chin Bee to Boon Lay and Jurong East, encountering heavy demand during peak hours. It also links Teban Gardens with Jurong East, running parallel to Service 143 & 143M.
After 2220hrs, buses leaving Jurong East Temp Int will be renumbered as 79A and terminate at Boon Lay Int.
MRT Stations Served
- Boon Lay Interchange → Jurong East Temp Int
AM Peak hours
Short Trip Service
- Service 79A: Jurong East Temp Int → Boon Lay Int
Weekdays: 2230, 2245 & 2300
Saturdays, Sundays & Public Holidays: 2240 & 2300
- 1992 – 2001: Singapore Bus Services Ltd
- 2001 – 11 Jun 2016: SBS Transit Ltd
- 12 Jun 2016 onwards: Tower Transit Singapore Pte Ltd
The Bus Service Operating License (BSOL) for this route will be renewed in 2021 under the Bulim Bus Package.
- 1992: Introduced by SBS as Jurong East Int – Boon Lay Int (Loop)
- 1995: Amended into Chin Bee Ave, Third Chin Bee Rd, International Rd and part of Quality Rd in both directions, with the amendment of service 246.
- 2001: Amended to skip one pair of bus stops along Penjuru Rd and call at a new pair along West Coast Rd, when parts of Teban Gardens Rd were closed.
- 2012 (25 Jun): Designated wheelchair-accessible bus route (WAB)
- 2013: Service improvement under the Bus Service Enhancement Programme (BSEP)
- 2016 (12 Jun): Operations transferred to Tower Transit Singapore Pte Ltd from SBS Transit Ltd. Shortworking Trip 79A introduced, terminating at Boon Lay Int aft 2220hrs daily.
- 2016 (23 Oct): Calls at a new pair of bus stops Bef/Aft Penjuru Rd, along Jln Buroh.
- Refer to this article
- 1995: Amended to present routing. No significant route changes since 1995.