Tower Transit Bus Service 79 is a trunk route running from Jurong East Interchange and looping at Boon Lay Interchange, passing through Teban Gardens, Jalan Buroh, Jurong Port Road and Chin Bee Avenue. It largely serves industrial areas around the Penjuru, Jurong Port Road and Chin Bee areas.
|Route||Jurong East Temporary Bus Interchange ↺ Boon Lay Bus Interchange (Loop)|
|Passes Through||Teban Gdns, Penjuru Rd, Jln Buroh, Jurong Port Road, Chin Bee|
|Route Length||24.0 km|
|Travelling Time||80 mins|
|BCM Route Package||Bulim Bus Package|
|Current Operator||Tower Transit Singapore
(Tower Transit Singapore Pte Ltd)
|Current Depot||Bulim Bus Depot|
|Current Fleet||12-metre Double Deck Buses:
– Alexander Dennis Enviro500
– Volvo B9TL
|Departure Times from Jurong East||Full Loop
0600 – 2215 (Weekdays)
0600 – 2220 (Saturdays, Sundays & Public Holidays)
Service 79A (Ends at Boon Lay Int)
2230 – 2300 (Weekdays)
2240 – 2300 (Saturdays, Sundays & Public Holidays)
|Departure Times from Boon Lay||0600 – 2300 (Daily)|
|0630-0830: 06 – 10 mins
0831-1659: 08 – 18 mins
1700-1900: 08 – 12 mins
After 1900: 15 – 17 mins
Service 79 is an industrial route connecting the industries at Penjuru, Jurong Port Rd and Chin Bee to Boon Lay and Jurong East, encountering heavy demand during peak hours. It also links Teban Gardens with Jurong East, running parallel to Service 143 & 143M.
After 2220hrs, buses leaving Jurong East Temp Int will be renumbered as 79A and terminate at Boon Lay Int.
Fare: Charges basic distance fares. See Bus Fares.
MRT Stations Served
- Boon Lay Interchange → Jurong East Temp Int
Weekdays: 0600hrs & a few additional departures until the first bus from Jurong East Temp Int
Saturdays: 0600hrs & a few additional departures until the first bus from Jurong East Temp Int
Sundays / Public Holidays: 0600hrs & a few additional departures until the first bus from Jurong East Temp Int
Short Trip Service
- Service 79A: Jurong East Temp Int → Boon Lay Int
Weekdays: 2230hrs, 2245hrs & 2300hrs
Saturdays, Sundays & Public Holidays: 2240hrs & 2300hrs
- 1992 – 2001: Singapore Bus Services Ltd
- 2001 – 11 Jun 2016: SBS Transit Ltd
- 12 Jun 2016 onwards: Tower Transit Singapore Pte Ltd
The Bus Service Operating License (BSOL) for this route will be renewed in 2021 under the Bulim Bus Package.
- 1992: Introduced by SBS as Jurong East Int – Boon Lay Int (Loop)
- 1995: Amended into Chin Bee Ave, Third Chin Bee Rd, International Rd and part of Quality Rd in both directions, with the amendment of service 246.
- 2001: Amended to skip one pair of bus stops along Penjuru Rd and call at a new pair along West Coast Rd, when parts of Teban Gardens Rd were closed.
- 2012 (25 Jun): Designated wheelchair-accessible bus route (WAB)
- 2013: Service improvement under the Bus Service Enhancement Programme (BSEP)
- 2016 (12 Jun): Operations transferred to Tower Transit Singapore Pte Ltd from SBS Transit Ltd. Short Trip 79A introduced, terminating at Boon Lay Int aft 2220hrs daily.
- 2016 (23 Oct): Calls at a new pair of bus stops Bef/Aft Penjuru Rd, along Jln Buroh.
- Refer to this article
- 1995: Amended to present routing. No significant route changes since 1995.