Tower Transit Bus Service 98M is a trunk route from Jurong East Int and looping at Jalan Ahmad Ibrahim, passing through Jurong East Avenue 1, Jurong West Avenue 1, Lakeside MRT and Corporation Drive.
The service is a route variant of Service 98, which operates a longer route and loops at Jurong Island Checkpoint. It operates during the off-peak hours, with departures staggered with Service 98.
Tower Transit Singapore Pte Ltd has taken over operations of this bus service from SBS Transit since 26 June 2016 under the Bulim Bus Package.
|Bus Service 98M: Jurong East – Jln Ahmad Ibrahim (Loop)
|Route||Jurong East Bus Interchange ↺ Jalan Ahmad Ibrahim|
|Passes Through||Jurong East Avenue 1, Jurong West Avenue 1, Lakeside, Corporation Drive|
|Travelling Time||61 – 84 mins|
|Current Operator||Tower Transit|
|BCM Route Package
||Bulim Bus Package|
|Current Depot||Bulim Bus Depot|
|Current Fleet||12-metre Double Deck Bus:
– Volvo B9TL
|Departure Times from Jurong East
0932hrs – 1630hrs & 2008hrs – 2345hrs
0932hrs – 1155hrs & 1405hrs – 2331hrs
0930hrs – 1545hrs & 2010hrs – 2345hrs
|Operating hours: 11 – 20 mins|
|Notes||* During 98M’s operating hours, departure times are staggered with Service 98|
Service 98M primarily serves the housing estates of Jurong East and Corporation Drive with connections to Lakeside MRT and Jurong East MRT. Operating during the off-peak hours, departures from Jurong East Int are staggered with Service 98.
Owing to such arrangements, buses of Service 98M are prone to bunching with Service 98 while heading back to Jurong East.
MRT Stations Served:
- Service 98: Jurong East Bus Interchange ↺ Jurong Pier Way
Fare: Charges fares for regular trunk services. See Bus Fares for exact fares.
Gallery (SBS Transit):
Gallery (Tower Transit):
- 1995 (Jan): Every alternate trip of Service 98 looped at Jln Ahmad Ibrahim during the off peak periods, subsequently re-numbered to 98A.
- 2008 (28 Jan): Service 98A Renamed To Service 98M (No route amendment).
- 2012 (25 Jun): Designated wheelchair-accessible bus route (WAB)
- 2016 (26 Jun): Operations transferred to Tower Transit Singapore Pte Ltd from SBS Transit Ltd
- 2008 – 25 Jun 2016: SBS Transit Ltd
- 26 Jun 2016 onwards: Tower Transit Singapore Pte Ltd
The Bus Service Operating License (BSOL) for this route will be renewed in 2021.
External Links & References: