Shuttle 7, also known as the Paya Lebar—Pasir Ris Shuttle Bus Service, is a Rail Replacement Service plying between Paya Lebar and Pasir Ris, serving en-route East West Line (EWL) stations.
The route will be activated to operate on 12 March, 14 March, as well as Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays in March & April 2018, when shortened operating hours are implemented on the East West Line to facilitate more time for track maintenance and renewal work.
The Shuttle Bus Service serves the following MRT Stations:
- EW8CC9 Paya Lebar
- EW7 Eunos
- EW6 Kembangan
- EW5 Bedok
- EW4CG Tanah Merah
- EW3 Simei
- EW2DT32 Tampines
- EW1 Pasir Ris
|Shuttle 7: Paya Lebar—Pasir Ris Shuttle Bus Service|
|Direction 1 – Towards Pasir Ris
||Direction 2 – Towards Paya Lebar
||Paya Lebar MRT ↔ Pasir Ris MRT
|Passes Through||Eunos, Kembangan, Bedok, Tanah Merah, Simei, Tampines MRT Station|
|Travelling Time||42 mins|
|BCM Route Package||Not Applicable|
|Operator||SBS Transit Ltd|
|Current Fleet||12-metre Double Deck Buses
– Volvo B9TL
|Departure Times from Paya Lebar
||11.28pm – 12.56am (Early Closure on Affected Fridays & Saturdays)
6.11am – 8.35am (Late Opening on Affected Saturdays)
6.39am – 8.35am (Late Opening on Affected Sundays)
10.58pm – 12.56am (Extended Early Closure on 12 & 14 March)
|Departure Times from Pasir Ris
||10.35pm – 11.33pm (Early Closure on Affected Fridays & Saturdays)
5.28am – 8.18am (Late Opening on Affected Saturdays)
5.54am – 8.18am (Late Opening on Affected Sundays)
10.05pm – 11.33pm (Extended Early Closure on 12 & 14 March)
|Frequency||Direction 1||Direction 2|
|4 – 10 mins||4 – 10 mins|
The Shuttle Bus Service will only operate on affected days in March & April.
These Days are as follows:
- 2, 3, 4, 9, 10, 11, 12, 14, 16, 17, 18, 23, 24, 25, 30 & 31 March
- 1, 6, 7, 8, 13, 14, 15, 20, 21, 22, 27, 28 & 29 April
- On days of Extended Early Closure (12 & 14 March),
buses will operate from the start time of the extended early closure till the stipulated last bus timings below.
- On days of Early Closure (2, 3, 9, 10, 16, 17, 23, 24, 30 & 31 March, 6, 7, 13, 14, 20, 21, 27 & 28 April)
buses will operate from the start time of the early closure till the stipulated last bus timings below.
- On days of Late Opening (3, 4, 10, 11, 17, 18, 24, 25 & 31 March, 1, 7, 8, 14, 15, 21, 22, 28 & 29 April),
buses will operate from the stipulated first bus timings below till the start time of normal train operations.
This Shuttle Service was reflected as Service 487 on the Bus Ticketing System.
Shuttle Bus Departure Timings from Stations
Shuttle Bus Transfer at Tanah Merah
- Shuttle 8: Tanah Merah – Changi Airport
Bus Stop 85091: Tanah Merah Stn Exit B, New Upp Changi Rd
Shuttle Bus Transfer at Bedok
- Express 13: Bedok – Bedok North
Bus Stop 84039: Bedok Stn Exit A, New Upp Changi Rd
Shuttle Bus Transfer at Paya Lebar
- Shuttle 6: Raffles Place—Paya Lebar
Bus Stop 81119: Paya Lebar Stn Exit C, Paya Lebar Rd
History of Activation
Early 2018:January & February 2018: (Click to expand)
To speed up implementation of the new CBTC signalling system, shortened operating hours on the East West Line between Aljunied—Pasir Ris, as well as reduced train frequencies on the North South Line between Orchard—Marina South Pier, were implemented across various Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays in January 2018. A total of 11 EWL stations were affected by the reduced train operating hours.
Shuttle 7 is a Rail Replacement Service plying parallel to the East West Line between Aljunied—Pasir Ris, serving all en-route stations by calling at nearby bus stops. To facilitate connections, several residential bus services had their operating hours extended to enable passengers to connect from the last Eastbound bus departing Aljunied.
In addition to standard EWL operating hours, additional trips of Shuttle 7 will be operated from Tanah Merah to Aljunied after the last bus from Pasir Ris has departed. This is to enable passengers from Shuttle 8 to connect to both Westbound and Eastbound directions of Shuttle 7.
At Pasir Ris, it was observed that some buses may drop-off passengers at Bus Stop 77371 (Aft Pasir Ris Dr 3) along Pasir Ris Dr 8, instead of the official bus stop at Bus Stop 77321 (Aft Pasir Ris St 53) along Pasir Ris Ctrl. Both bus stops are within walking distance of each other and Pasir Ris MRT Station.
Extended to operate on 2, 3 & 4 February due to additional days of shortened operating hours on the East West Line.
March & April 2018:
To speed up implementation of the new CBTC signalling system, shortened operating hours were implemented on the East West Line between Pasir Ris—Tuas Link, and Tanah Merah—Changi Airport, across various Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays on March & April 2018, and additionally, Extended Early Closures on 12 & 14 March.
A total of 35 East West Line stations were affected by the early train service end times and delayed train service start times. Other train lines such as the North South Line are not affected.
The route is one of ten Rail Replacement Services during the period of closure. Bus stops served are similar to those served by the regular EWL Bridging Bus, with some changes.
Charges regular distance fare based on the distance between MRT Stations by rail. Train, bus and hybrid concession passes are accepted, and distance fare rules apply.
|Category||Card Fares||Cash Fares|
|Adult / Workfare Transport Concession Card holders||Follows MRT Fare structure||$1.00|
|Senior Citizen / Persons with Disabilities Card holders||$0.50|
|Student Concession Card holders||$0.50|
Other Rail Replacement Services
The route is one of ten Shuttle Bus Services operating during periods of planned closure in March & April 2018, the other routes being:
- Shuttle 1: Buona Vista—Raffles Place
- Shuttle 2: Joo Koon—Buona Vista
- Shuttle 3: Tuas Link—Joo Koon
- Express 5: Boon Lay—Outram Park (via Jurong East & Buona Vista only)
- Shuttle 6: Raffles Place—Paya Lebar
- Shuttle 8: Tanah Merah—Changi Airport
- Express 12: Changi Airport—Bugis
- Express 13: Bedok—Bedok North
- Express 15: Clementi—Beauty World
- 2017 (15 Dec): Route announced by SMRT Corporation
- 2018 (05 Jan): Launched as a Shuttle Bus Service between Aljunied and Pasir Ris, operating during periods of MRT closure
- 2018 (19 Jan): Extended to operate on 2, 3 & 4 February due to additional days of shortened operating hours on the East West Line
- 2018 (22 Feb): Revised Shuttle Route of Paya Lebar – Pasir Ris for March 2018 Early Closure / Late Opening announced
- 2018 (02 Mar): Start of operations for March 2018 MRT Early Closure, Late Opening with revised operating details
- 2018 (22 Mar): Extended operating days to Fridays, Saturdays & Sundays in April 2018. Frequency reduced to 4 – 10 mins from 3 – 10 mins
Page 2: More Photos
Page 3: Shuttle 7 (Jan 2018) Route Information