The route operates from Bedok Bus Interchange and ends at Bedok North Ave 4 (SBST Bedok Nth Depot), operating as a full-day service.
→ Sbst Bedok Nth Depot
- – Wheelchair Inaccessible Bus Stop
|Route||Bedok Bus Interchange → Bedok North Ave 4 (SBST Bedok Nth Depot)|
|Passes Through||Bedok North Rd|
|Route Length||3.8 km|
|Traveling Time||15 mins|
|BCM Route Package||Loyang Bus Package|
|Current Operator||Go-Ahead Singapore|
|Current Depot||Loyang Bus Depot|
|Current Fleet||12-metre Double Deck Bus:
– MAN A95
– Volvo B9TL
|Departure Times from Bedok||Weekdays||Saturdays||Sundays / Public Holidays|
|06:15 – 00:12||06:12 – 23:10||06:05 – 23:07|
|Fare||Charges regular distance fares
Service 17A is a short trip service of Service 17, originally helping to ease high demand for its parent service between Bedok North Avenue 4 and Bedok Interchange. Formerly operating out of SBS Transit’s Bedok North Bus Depot and looping at Bedok Interchange during weekday morning & evening peak hours, it benefitted Service 17’s residential sectors around Bedok with higher service frequencies.
From 16 November 2014, Service 17A was converted into a full-day service under the Bus Service Enhancement Programme (BSEP), with additional BSEP buses supplemented but no change in route. This was the third time that an extension of service hours has been classified under the BSEP, after Service 63M and 859A.
The extension of operating hours improved connectivity for residents in the Bedok North area to Bedok Bus Interchange and Bedok MRT Station. Access to amenities such as Bedok Polyclinic and Kampong Chai Chee CC, and schools such as Fengshan Primary, St. Anthony Canossian Primary and St. Anthony’s Canossian Secondary were improved.
As a route variant of Service 17, this service is wheelchair-accessible as of introduction. However, SBS Transit only officially declared the BSEP enhanced Service 17A to be wheelchair accessible from 3 December 2014, which meant that between 16 November 2014 – 3 December 2014, the service was technically non-wheelchair-accessible. As an interesting fact, the route is also a duplication of Feeder service 227 (Bedok Int – Bedok North Depot (Loop)), which was withdrawn in 2002.
Go-Ahead Singapore takeover
With Go-Ahead Singapore taking over Service 17A from 18 September 2016 as part of the Loyang Bus Package, Service 17A was re-defined to start from Bedok Interchange and terminate at Bedok North Ave 4 (SBST Bedok Nth Depot). In practice, however, there is no change in service levels. From Bedok North Avenue 4 → Bedok Int, buses will operate as Service 17.
Buses deployed to Service 17A are interlined from Service 17. Service 17A buses often turn around at Changi South Lane and perform a return trip towards Bedok Int, starting from Bedok North Ave 4 (Opp Sbst Bedok Nth Depot).
MRT Station Served:
- EW5 Bedok
- Service 17: Pasir Ris Interchange ↔ Bedok Bus Interchange
Gallery (Go-Ahead Singapore):
Gallery (SBS Transit):
- 17 Apr 2006 – 17 Sep 2016: SBS Transit Ltd
- 18 Sep 2016 – Present: Go Ahead Singapore Pte Ltd (formerly known as Go Ahead Loyang Pte Ltd)
The Bus Service Operating License (BSOL) for this route will be renewed in 2023 under the Loyang Bus Package.
- 2006 (17 Apr): Introduced as a shortworking trip of Service 17 between SBST Bedok North Depot and Bedok Bus Interchange
- 2011 (27 Jun): Designated wheelchair-accessible bus (WAB) service
- 2011 (25 Apr): Enhanced frequency between 0800hrs – 0830hrs.
- 2011 (30 Nov): Amended to loop at Bedok Temp Int
- 2014 (16 Nov): Converted from shortworking trip to full-day bus service under LTA’s Bus Service Enhancement Programme (BSEP), plying Bedok North Depot – Bedok Interchange (Loop)
- 2014 (30 Nov): Amended t0 loop at Bedok Integrated Transport Hub
- 2014 (03 Dec): BSEP Route variant officially declared wheelchair accessible (WAB)
- 2016 (18 Sep): Operations transferred to Go Ahead Loyang Pte Ltd from SBS Transit Ltd. Routing amended to Bedok Interchange → Bedok North Avenue 4 (SBST Bedok Bus Park). No longer starts / terminates inside SBST Bedok North Bus Depot.