Go-Ahead Bus Service 17 is a residential service between Pasir Ris and Bedok, passing through Tampines and Bedok North. A Short Trip variant Bus Service 17A runs between Bedok and Bedok North Bus Depot.
- – Wheelchair Inaccessible Bus Stop
|Route||Pasir Ris Bus Interchange ↔ Bedok Bus Interchange|
|Passes Through||Pasir Ris Drive 4, Tampines Avenue 2 & 7, Simei Avenue, Bedok North Avenue 4, Bedok North Road|
|Route Length||Towards Bedok: 12.3 km||Towards Pasir Ris: 12.3 km
|Traveling Time||55 mins|
|BCM Route Package||Loyang Bus Package|
|Current Operator||Go-Ahead Singapore|
|Current Depot||Loyang Bus Depot|
|Current Fleet||12-metre Double Deck bus:
– MAN A95
– Volvo B9TL
|Departure Times from Pasir Ris
|05:45 – 00:20|
|Departure Times from Bedok
|05:30 – 00:30|
|From Pasir Ris||8 – 11 mins||10 – 12 mins||10 – 11 mins||11 – 15 mins|
|From Bedok||5 – 11 mins||5 – 12 mins||5 – 12 mins||5 – 12 mins|
|Fare||Charges regular distance fares
Introduced in 1993, Service 17 is a residential route connecting Pasir Ris, Tampines and Bedok. It also serves housing blocks around Bedok North Road and industrial buildings around Bedok North Avenue 4 with connections to Bedok Town Centre. In Pasir Ris, this route compliments Feeder 358 for Pasir Ris Drive 4. It is the also the only route serving within Bedok Industrial Park.
Formerly a loop service under SBS Transit (looping at Bedok Int), buses would proceed to the boarding berth after alighting passengers, which eliminated rest time at Bedok and allowed buses to return to Pasir Ris more quickly. When operations of the route was transferred to Go-Ahead from 18 Sep 2016, Service 17 was re-designated as a bi-directional service.
MRT Stations Served
- Bedok North Avenue 4 (Opp SBST Bedok Nth Depot) → Bedok Int
Daily, throughout Service 17’s operating hours.
Reverse route of Short Trip Service 17A.
Short Trip Service
- Service 17A: Bedok Interchange → Bedok North Ave 4 (SBST Bedok Nth Depot)
Gallery (Go-Ahead Singapore):
Gallery (SBS Transit):
- 04 Apr 1993 – 31 Oct 2001: Singapore Bus Services Ltd
- 01 Nov 2001 – 17 Sep 2016: SBS Transit Ltd
- 18 Sep 2016 – Present: Go Ahead Singapore Pte Ltd (formerly known as Go Ahead Loyang Pte Ltd)
The Bus Service Operating License (BSOL) for this route will be renewed in 2023 under the Loyang Bus Package.
- 1993 (04 Sep): Introduced between Pasir Ris Int and Bedok Int under Transitlink Integration Exercise Phase 12
- 2002: Integrated with Feeder Service 227 and amended to loop at Bedok Interchange
- 2009 (05 Sep): Serves new pair of bus stops (78221/78229) along Pasir Ris Dr 4
- 2011 (27 Jun): Designated wheelchair-accessible bus (WAB) service
- 2011 (19 Nov): Amended to loop at Bedok Temp Int
- 2014 (Mar): Bus Service Reliability Framework (BSRF) implemented for a two-year trial.
- 2014 (30 Nov): Amended to loop at Bedok Integrated Transport Hub
- 2015 (05 Jun): BSRF trial extended to Aug 2016
- 2016 (18 Sep): Operations transferred to Go Ahead Loyang Pte Ltd from SBS Transit Ltd.
- 2017 (21 Oct): Serves a new pair of bus stops (76031/76039) at Tampines East MRT Station.