SBS Transit Bus Service 192 is a industrial trunk route running from Boon Lay Interchange to Tuas Terminal, passing through Jurong West Street 62 / 61 / 63, Pioneer MRT, Benoi Road, Gul Circle MRT Station, Tuas Avenue 1 & Tuas West Road MRT Station. It shares the Boon Lay – Tuas route destinations with Service 193.
|Route||Boon Lay Bus Interchange ↔ Tuas Bus Terminal|
|Passes Through||Jurong West St 62, Upp Jurong Rd, Benoi Rd, Tuas Ave 1, Tuas Ave 12, Pioneer Rd|
|Route Length||Towards Tuas: 14.1 km||Towards Boon Lay: 12.9 km|
|Travelling Time||50 mins|
|BCM Route Package||Jurong West Bus Package|
|Current Operator||SBS Transit Ltd|
|Current Depot||Soon Lee Bus Park (SLBP)|
|Current Fleet||Single Deck Bus:
– Scania K230UB
|Double Deck Bus:
– MAN A95
– Volvo B9TL
|Departure Times from Boon Lay
|05:45 – 23:30|
|Departure Times from Tuas
|06:30 – 00:00|
|From Boon Lay
|Weekdays||6 – 9 mins||8 – 14 mins||7 – 10 mins||8 – 23 mins|
|Saturdays||9 – 11 mins||9 – 12 mins||9 – 15 mins||14 – 22 mins|
|Sundays / Public Holidays||15 – 16 mins||14 – 16 mins||14 – 17 mins||15 – 22 mins|
|Weekdays||8 – 9 mins||7 – 14 mins||6 – 9 mins||9 – 23 mins|
|Saturdays||10 – 11 mins||9 – 12 mins||14 – 16 mins||14 – 22 mins|
|Sundays / Public Holidays||15 – 16 mins||14 – 16 mins||16 – 17 mins||15 – 24 mins|
|Fare||Charges regular distance fares
Service 192 is a largely industrial route serving Tuas Link, Tuas Avenue 1 and Upp Jurong Rd with connections to Boon Lay MRT/Interchange and Pioneer MRT Station. Like most industrial routes, demand is moderate to low during offpeak hours, but high during peak hours.
Route Amendment Due to launch of Joo Koon Bus Interchange
As part of the Joo Koon Bus Interchange opening and accompanying Jurong Industrial Estate route amendments, Phase 2 implementation (28 November 2015) amended Service 192 to enhance connectivity between the Tuas Industrial Estate and Joo Koon MRT Station.
Service 192 and 193 had their routings between Boon Lay Interchange and Benoi Road mutually swapped. Service 192’s residential sectors (Jurong West St 64 & Jurong West Ave 4) and industrial sectors (Lok Yang Way, Pioneer Rd North) were subsequently replaced with Service 193. The new route of Service 192 plies Service 193’s old route, but replaces Jurong West Ave 4 with Jurong West St 63 instead.
Route Amendment with the opening of Tuas West MRT Extension
As part of the Bus Service Enhancements for Tuas West Extension opening, Bus Service 192 was amended to ply Jurong West Street 62 & Jurong West Street 61, instead of plying the full stretch of Jurong West Street 63 from 18 Jun 2017. This replaces the lost sector of Service 256 which was withdrawn on the same day. In addition, service 192 was amended to ply Tuas Avenue 12 and Pioneer Road, serving Tuas West Road MRT Station and skipping Tuas Link 4 and Tuas Avenue 7 to enhance connectivity for industries along Tuas Avenue 1.
MRT Stations Served:
- Tuas Avenue 1 (Aft Tuas Ave 8) → Boon Lay Int
Weekdays: 05:45, 05:58, 06:11 & 06:24
Saturdays: 05:45, 05:54, 06:03, 06:12, 06:21 & 06:29
Sundays / Public Holidays: 05:45, 06:02, & 06:19
- 1989 – 2001: Singapore Bus Services Ltd
- 2001 – Present: SBS Transit Ltd
The Bus Service Operating License (BSOL) for this route will be renewed in 2024 under the Jurong West Bus Package.
SMRT Buses will operate this service as the awarded operator for the Jurong West Bus Package in September 2024.
- 1989 (06 Nov): Introduced between Pioneer Rd Ter and Boon Lay Way (Loop) as a peak hour service on weekdays and Saturdays
- 1990 (01 Jul): Amended to start from Boon Lay Int, amended to loop at Tuas Rd and converted to full day service
- 1990 (07 Jul): Amended to skip Tuas Rd End
- 1995 (15 Jan): Amended to loop at Tuas Ave 1
- 1998 (02 Jan): Extended to Tuas Ter and amended to ply Jurong West St 64, skipping Jln Boon Lay
- 1999 (11 Apr): Amended to ply Pioneer Rd North with the realignment of Upp Jurong Rd
- 2001 (11 Feb): Integrated with Service 250 and amended to ply Pioneer Rd North, Lok Yang Way, Sixth Lok Yang Rd, International Rd, Benoi Rd and Jln Ahmad Ibrahim, skipping Upp Jurong Rd and PIE
- 2006 (18 Jun): Amended to Boon Lay Temp Int
- 2008 (15 Jun): Serves new pair of bus stops outside Blk 670A and outside Blk 678D along Jurong West St 64
- 2009 (27 Dec): Amended to Boon Lay Integrated Transport Hub
- 2013 (30 Sep): Designated wheelchair-accessible bus route (WAB)
- 2015 (28 Nov): Amended to ply Jurong West St 63 and Upp Jurong Rd, skipping Jurong West St 64, Jurong West Ave 4, Lok Yang Way, Sixth Lok Yang Rd and International Rd
- 2017 (18 Jun): Amended to ply Jurong West St 62 and Pioneer Rd, skipping Jurong West St 63, Tuas Ave 7 and Tuas Link 4, with the opening of Tuas West Extension (TWE)
- 2017 (07 Oct): Amended to relocated Tuas Bus Terminal above Tuas MRT Depot
- 2022 (13 Feb): Amended to ply a new road instead of Tuas roundabout towards Boon Lay Integrated Transport Hub
Back to Bus Services