SBS Transit Bus Service 194 is a trunk route running from Boon Lay Interchange and looping at Pioneer Circus along Jalan Ahmad Ibrahim. Serving Jurong Bird Park, the route skips bus stops along Jalan Boon Lay in both directions.
||Boon Lay Bus Interchange ↺ Jalan Ahmad Ibrahim (Loop)|
|Route Length||9.0 km|
|Travelling Time||30 mins|
|BCM Route Package||Jurong West Bus Package|
|Current Operator||SBS Transit Ltd|
|Current Depot||Soon Lee Bus Park (SLBP)|
|Current Fleet||12-metre Single Deck Bus:
– Mercedes-Benz O530 Citaro
– Scania K230UB
|Departure Times from Boon Lay
||0545hrs – 2345hrs (Daily)|
|0630-0830: 09 – 10 mins
0831-1659: 09 – 13 mins
1700-1900: 09 – 16 mins
After 1900: 15 – 16 mins
Service 194 primarily serves Jurong Bird Park and Jalan Ahmad Ibrahim between Jalan Boon Lay and Pioneer Circus with connections to Boon Lay Town Centre, with an express sector along Jalan Boon Lay.
Route Extension to Pioneer Circus
As part of the Joo Koon Bus Interchange opening and accompanying Jurong Industrial Estate route amendments, Phase 3 implementation (12 December 2015) extended Service 194 along Jln Ahmad Ibrahim to loop at Pioneer Circus, while skipping the pair of bus stops along Jurong West St 64 and the express sector along Bird Park Dr.
The route extension replaces the lost sectors of Service 251 along Jln Ahmad Ibrahim (which was shortened to Joo Koon), while retaining its own express sector along Jln Boon Lay. Operating hours were also extended from 0800hrs – 1800hrs daily, to 0545hrs – 2345hrs daily.
Temporary Double Decker Bus Deployments
To accommodate increased passenger demand for Bus Service 194 to/from Jurong Bird Park as part of the “Fly Free – Entry on Us” event in September 2019, double-decker buses were deployed on Service 194 from 11 September 2019 to 15 September 2019.
MRT Station Served
- EW27 Boon Lay
Fare: Charges basic distance fares. See Bus Fares.
- 1995 – 2001: Singapore Bus Services Ltd
- 2001 – Present: SBS Transit Ltd
The Bus Service Operating License (BSOL) for this route will be renewed in 2024 under the Jurong West Bus Package.
- 1995 (15 Jan): Introduced between Boon Lay and Jln Ahmad Ibrahim (Jurong Bird Park)
- 2001 (01 Nov): Operated by SBS Transit
- 2006 (18 Jun): Amended to Boon Lay Temp Int
- 2009 (27 Dec): Amended to Boon Lay Integrated Transport Hub (ITH)
- 2010 (03 Jan): Calls at the bus stops outside Blk 662D and opposite Blk 662C along Jurong West St 64, skipping the bus stops outside and opposite Boon Lay Stn along Boon Lay Way
- 2011 (27 Jun): Designated wheelchair-accessible bus route (WAB)
- 2014: Service improvement under the Bus Service Enhancement Programme (BSEP)
- 2015 (12 Dec): Extended along Jln Ahmad Ibrahim to Pioneer Circus to cover lost sectors of Service 251 as part of Joo Koon Bus Interchange Opening Route Amendments. Pair of Bus Stops along Jurong West St 64 skipped.
- Refer to this article
- 2015: No significant route changes since 2015.