SBS Transit Bus Service 194 is a trunk route running from Boon Lay Interchange and looping at Pioneer Circus along Jalan Ahmad Ibrahim. Serving Jurong Bird Park, the route skips bus stops along Jalan Boon Lay in both directions.
|Route||Boon Lay Bus Interchange ↺ Jalan Ahmad Ibrahim (Loop)|
|Route Length||9.0 km|
|Traveling Time||30 mins|
|BCM Route Package||Jurong West Bus Package|
|Current Operator||SBS Transit Ltd|
|Current Depot||Soon Lee Bus Park (SLBP)|
|Current Fleet||12-metre Single Deck Bus:
– Mercedes-Benz Citaro
– Scania K230UB
|Double Decker bus deployments on Saturdays & Public Holidays
12-metre Double Deck Bus:
– Volvo B9TL
|Departure Times from Boon Lay
|05:45 – 23:45|
|Weekdays||9 – 10 mins||9 – 13 mins||9 – 16 mins||15 – 23 mins|
|Saturdays||11 – 12 mins||9 – 12 mins||9 – 14 mins||12 – 14 mins|
|Sundays / Public Holidays||11 – 12 mins||9 – 12 mins||9 – 14 mins||12 – 24 mins|
|Fare||Charges regular distance fares
Service 194 primarily serves Jurong Bird Park and Jalan Ahmad Ibrahim between Jalan Boon Lay and Pioneer Circus with connections to Boon Lay Town Centre, with an express sector along Jalan Boon Lay.
In December 2015, as part of the Phase 3 implementation of the Joo Koon Bus Interchange opening & bus accompanying Jurong Industrial Estate route amendments, Service 194 was extended along Jln Ahmad Ibrahim to loop at Pioneer Circus, skipping a pair of bus stops along Jurong West St 64 and the express sector along Bird Park Dr. It replaces lost sectors of Service 251 along Jln Ahmad Ibrahim (which was shortened to Joo Koon), while retaining its own express sector along Jln Boon Lay. Operating hours were also extended from 0800hrs – 1800hrs to 0545hrs – 2345hrs daily.
Temporary Double Decker Bus Deployments
Double-Decker buses were deployed on Service 194 to cater for increased passenger demand to and from Jurong Bird Park on selected days; either special weekends, or days when special events were held at Jurong Bird Park:
- September 2019: “Fly Free – Entry on Us”
11 Sep 2019 – 15 Sep 2019
- January 2021: “50 Years of Flying High” (Golden Jubilee)
Saturdays, Sundays & Public Holidays in Jan 2021
(To be confirmed) From 1 Apr 2021, double-deck buses are deployed on Saturdays & Sundays / Public Holidays.
MRT Station Served
- EW27 Boon Lay
- 1995 – 2001: Singapore Bus Services Ltd
- 2001 – Present: SBS Transit Ltd
The Bus Service Operating License (BSOL) for this route will be renewed in 2024 under the Jurong West Bus Package.
- 1995 (15 Jan): Introduced between Boon Lay Int and Jln Ahmad Ibrahim (Jurong Bird Park) (Loop)
- 2006 (18 Jun): Amended to Boon Lay Temp Int
- 2009 (27 Dec): Amended to Boon Lay Integrated Transport Hub
- 2010 (03 Jan): Serves the bus stops outside Blk 662D and opposite Blk 662C along Jurong West St 64, skipping the bus stops outside and opposite Boon Lay Stn along Boon Lay Way
- 2011 (27 Jun): Designated wheelchair-accessible bus route (WAB)
- 2015 (12 Dec): Extended along Jln Ahmad Ibrahim to Pioneer Circus to cover lost sectors of Service 251 as part of Joo Koon Bus Interchange Opening Route Amendments. Pair of Bus Stops along Jurong West St 64 skipped.