SBS Transit Bus Service 20 is a loop trunk route connecting Tampines and Changi Business Park, passing through Tampines East, Simei and Expo. It is the 10th bus service to be rolled out under the Bus Service Enhancement Programme.
|Route||Tampines Bus Interchange ↺ Changi Business Park Avenue 3 (Loop)|
|Passes Through||Tampines Ave 2, Simei St 1/3/4, Changi South Ave 2, Changi Business Park Central 2|
|Route Length||18.1 km|
|Travelling Time||85 mins|
|BCM Route Package||Tampines Bus Package|
|Current Operator||SBS Transit Ltd|
|Current Depot||Bedok North Bus Depot (BNDEP)|
|Current Fleet||12-metre Double Deck Bus:
– Volvo B9TL
Note: Full Single Deck deployment on Weekends & Public Holidays
|Departure Times from Tampines||0600hrs – 2330hrs (Daily)|
|0630hrs – 0830hrs: 09 – 11 mins
0831hrs – 1659hrs: 10 – 13 mins
1700hrs – 1900hrs: 10 – 12 mins
After 1900hrs: 11 – 15 mins
Introduced in 2013, Service 20 is the tenth bus route to be to be rolled out under the Bus Service Enhancement Programme (BSEP), which aims to increase capacity and service levels of the islandwide bus network. The route plies between Tampines and Changi Business Park.
Service 20 connects residents in Tampines & Simei to key transport nodes at Tampines, Simei and Expo MRT stations, and also enhances inter-town connectivity, giving residents greater access to to the Changi Business Park area and Changi City Point. Its sectors within Simei estate duplicate Service 38, enhancing bus connectivity within the Simei estate.
The route runs at moderate demand throughout the day owing to residential connections and workers from Changi Business Park.
Route Amendment to Somapah Road
As part of Downtown Line Stage 3 Bus Service Enhancements, Service 20 was amended to better serve Singapore University of Technology and Design (SUTD) and Changi South with the new Downtown Line Expo station from 21 Oct 2017. The express sector along Xilin Ave and Upp Changi Rd East was skipped as a result. A pair of bus stops along Changi South Ave 1 (96419 Eightrium / 96411 Opp Eightrium) was later served by Service 20 from 10 Jun 2018.
MRT Stations Served:
- Simei Road (Simei Green Condo) → Tampines Int
Weekdays: 0600hrs, 0608hrs, 0616hrs, 0624hrs, 0632hrs, 0640hrs
Saturdays: 0600hrs, 0611hrs, 0621hrs, 0632hrs, 0642hrs
Sundays/PHs: 0600hrs, 0616hrs, 0632hrs
Fare: Charges basic fares. See Bus Fares.
- 09 Jun 2013 – Present: SBS Transit Ltd
The Bus Service Operating License (BSOL) for this route will be renewed in 2024 under the Tampines Bus Package.
- 2013 (09 Jun): Introduced between Tampines and Changi Business Park under the Bus Service Enhancement Programme (BSEP)
- 2013 (30 Sep): Designated wheelchair-accessible bus route (WAB)
- 2014 (23 Jun): Start of Double Decker deployments
- 2015 (20 Dec): Calls at a new pair of bus stops along Changi South Avenue 2: 96381 Changi City Point and 96389 Opposite Changi City Point
- 2017 (21 Oct): Amended to Somapah Road as part of Downtown Line Stage 3 Bus Service Enhancements.
- 2018 (10 Jun): Calls at a new pair of bus stops along Changi South Ave 1 (96419 Eightrium & 96411 Opp Eightrium)
- Refer to this article
- 2017: Amended to present routing. No significant route changes since 2017.