Bus Contracting Model (BCM) Route Package #10:
“Tampines Bus Package” (27 bus routes)
First announced on 11 August 2016, the Tampines Bus Package is one of fourteen bus packages to be released by the Land Transport Authority (LTA) as part of the transition to the Bus Contracting Model (BCM). Currently, SBS Transit operates all bus services in this package under a Negotiated Contract (NC) model until Year 2024.
This package comprises 27 existing bus services mainly originating from Tampines Bus Interchange, Tampines Concourse Bus Interchange and Changi Business Park Bus Terminal, with a handful originating at Bedok Rd, Tampines Ave 5 and Marina Centre.
All bus operations would likely be based out of the future East Coast Integrated Depot, located off Upper Changi Road East.
|Name||To Be Announced|
|Awarded||To Be Announced|
|Duration||Five years, with two-year extension granted based on good performance|
|Published||To Be Announced|
|Closing||To Be Announced|
|Services||4, 10, 10e, 18, 19, 20, 22, 23, 28, 29, 31, 37, 38, 39, 47, 65, 69, 72, 81, 127, 129, 291, 292, 293, 298, 513, 2N|
|Bus Depot||East Coast Integrated Depot|
|Anchor Interchanges / Terminals||Tampines, Tampines Concourse, Changi Business Park|
Tampines Bus Package contains 27 existing bus services, all of which are currently operated by SBS Transit.
|Service||Destination 1||Destination 2||Type||Description|
|4||Tampines||↺ Changi North Way||Trunk|
|10e||Bedok Rd||Shenton Way / Anson Rd||Express||Peak hour Limited-stop|
|18||Tampines Concourse||↺ Bedok Int||Trunk|
|19||Tampines||↺ Changi Airfreight Ctr||Trunk|
|20||Tampines||↺ Changi Business Pk Ctrl 2||Trunk|
|22||Tampines||Ang Mo Kio||Trunk|
|23||Tampines||↺ Rochor Canal Rd||Trunk|
|29||Tampines||↺ Changi Village Ter||Trunk|
|37||Tampines||↺ Changi North Cres||Trunk|
|47||Changi Business Park||↺ Amber Road||Trunk|
|69||Tampines||↺ Bedok Int||Trunk|
|72||Tampines||Yio Chu Kang||Trunk|
|81||Tampines||↺ Serangoon Ctrl||Trunk|
|127||Tampines||↺ Tampines Ind Ave 5||Trunk|
|129||Tampines Concourse||St. Michael’s||Trunk|
|291||Tampines||↺ Tampines St 81 & St 33||Feeder|
|292||Tampines||↺ Tampines St 22||Feeder|
|293||Tampines||↺ Tampines St 71 & St 42||Feeder|
|298||Tampines Concourse||↺ Tampines St 86||Feeder|
|513||Tampines Ave 5||Shenton Way / Anson Rd||Express||Peak Hour Express route|
|2N||Marina Centre||→ Tampines Ave 3||Night||Night Service|
Shortworking trip services are not included in the above list.
Scope of Tender:
As part of the tender, the new Operator will be required to fulfill responsibilities as such:
- Operate the twenty-seven (27) bus services in the areas in accordance with specified EWT performance standards
- Operate and maintain the buses and their onboard equipment provided by LTA
- Operate and maintain Tampines and Tampines Concourse Bus Interchanges, Changi Business Park Bus Terminal, and East Coast Bus Depot, including all equipment and systems provided therein
- Charge and collect the fares approved by the Public Transport Council, on behalf of the Government
- Provide bus service information at all bus stops and bus interchanges served by the 27 bus services
- Provide customer management services, such as lost and found service, and a hotline for commuter feedback and enquiries.
All bus services will have scheduled headways of no more than 15 minutes for both directions during the morning and evening peak periods, with at least half of them having even shorter scheduled headways of no more than 10 minutes. Of these, the feeder services will run at even shorter intervals of 6-8 minutes. An estimated 45% of bus services will come at shorter intervals during peak periods when compared to the expanded BSEP.
More guidelines can be found in the main Bus Contracting Model (GCM) article.
Bus Interchanges & Terminals under the package:
Bus Depot under the package:
Route Package Timeline:
- 2016 (11 Aug): Tampines Bus Package mentioned as one of 11 Negotiated Contract (NC) Packages, and operated by SBS Transit.
External Links & References:
Back to Bus Contracting Model