Bus Contracting Model (BCM) Route Package #10:
“Tampines Bus Package” (27 bus routes)
First announced on 11 August 2016, the Tampines Bus Package is one of fourteen bus packages to be released by the Land Transport Authority (LTA) as part of the transition to the Bus Contracting Model (BCM). Currently, SBS Transit operates all bus services in this package under a Negotiated Contract (NC) model until Year 2024.
This package comprises 27 existing bus services mainly originating from Tampines Bus Interchange, Tampines Concourse Bus Interchange and Changi Business Park Bus Terminal, with a handful originating at Bedok Rd, Tampines Ave 5 and Marina Centre.
All bus operations would likely be based out of the future East Coast Integrated Depot, located off Upper Changi Road East.
|Name||To Be Announced|
|Awarded||To Be Announced|
|Duration||Five years, with two-year extension granted based on good performance|
|Published||To Be Announced|
|Closing||To Be Announced|
|Services||4, 10, 10e, 18, 19, 20, 22, 23, 28, 29, 31, 37, 38, 39, 47, 65, 69, 72, 81, 127, 129, 291, 292, 293, 298, 513, 2N|
|Bus Depot||East Coast Integrated Depot|
|Anchor Interchanges / Terminals||Tampines, Tampines Concourse, Changi Business Park|
Tampines Bus Package contains 27 existing bus services, all of which are currently operated by SBS Transit.
|4||Tampines ↺ Changi North Way||Trunk|
||Tampines ↔ Kent Ridge||Trunk|
||Bedok Road ⇄ Shenton Way / Anson Road||Express|
|18||Tampines Concourse ↺ Bedok||Trunk|
||Tampines ↺ Airport Cargo Road||Trunk|
||Tampines ↺ Changi Business Park Avenue 3||Trunk|
||Ang Mo Kio ↔ Tampines||Trunk|
|23||Tampines ↺ Rochor Canal Road||Trunk|
|28||Tampines ↔ Toa Payoh||Trunk|
|29||Tampines ↺ Changi Village||Trunk|
||Tampines ↔ Toa Payoh||Trunk|
|37||Tampines ↺ Changi North Crescent||Trunk|
|38||Tampines ↔ Bedok||Trunk|
|39||Tampines Concourse ↔ Yishun||Trunk|
||Changi Business Park ↺ Amber Road||Trunk|
||Tampines ↔ HarbourFront||Trunk|
||Tampines ↺ Bedok||Trunk|
||Yio Chu Kang ↔ Tampines||Trunk|
||Tampines ↺ Serangoon Central||Trunk|
||Tampines ↺ Tampines Industrial Avenue 5||Trunk|
||Tampines Concourse ↔ Saint Michael’s||Trunk|
||Tampines ↺ Tampines Street 81 / Tampines Street 32||Feeder|
||Tampines ↺ Tampines Street 22||Feeder|
||Tampines ↺ Tampines Street 71 / Tampines Avenue 7||Feeder|
||Tampines Concourse ↺ Tampines Street 86||Feeder|
|513||Tampines Avenue 5 ⇄ Shenton Way / Anson Road||Express|
||Marina Centre → Tampines Avenue 3||Night|
Short Trip & Supplementary Bus Services
These services do not add to the overall service count.
|29A||Tampines → Tampines Avenue 7 (Blk 497D)||Short Trip|
|31A||Tampines → New Upp Changi Road (Tanah Merah Stn Exit A)||Short Trip|
||Yio Chu Kang → Hougang Central (Opp Hougang Ctrl Int)||Short Trip|
||Yio Chu Kang → Ang Mo Kio Avenue 5 (ITE Coll Ctrl)||Short Trip|
||Tampines → Tampines Avenue 9 (Blk 742A)||Short Trip|
||Tampines ↺ Tampines Street 81 / Tampines Street 33||Terminating Trip|
|293T||Tampines ↺ Tampines Street 71 / Tampines Avenue 7||Terminating Trip|
Scope of Tender:
As part of the tender, the new Operator will be required to fulfill responsibilities as such:
- Operate the twenty-seven (27) bus services in the areas in accordance with specified EWT performance standards
- Operate and maintain the buses and their onboard equipment provided by LTA
- Operate and maintain Tampines and Tampines Concourse Bus Interchanges, Changi Business Park Bus Terminal, and East Coast Bus Depot, including all equipment and systems provided therein
- Charge and collect the fares approved by the Public Transport Council, on behalf of the Government
- Provide bus service information at all bus stops and bus interchanges served by the 27 bus services
- Provide customer management services, such as lost and found service, and a hotline for commuter feedback and enquiries.
All bus services will have scheduled headways of no more than 15 minutes for both directions during the morning and evening peak periods, with at least half of them having even shorter scheduled headways of no more than 10 minutes. Of these, the feeder services will run at even shorter intervals of 6-8 minutes. An estimated 45% of bus services will come at shorter intervals during peak periods when compared to the expanded BSEP.
More guidelines can be found in the main Bus Contracting Model (GCM) article.
Bus Interchanges & Terminals under the package:
Bus Depot under the package:
Route Package Timeline:
- 2016 (11 Aug): Tampines Bus Package mentioned as one of 11 Negotiated Contract (NC) Packages, and operated by SBS Transit.
- 2020 (08 Apr): Bus Services 10e, 513 & 2N temporarily suspended due to Singapore COVID-19 Circuit Breaker Measures.
- 2020 (02 Jun): Resumption of Bus Services 10e & 513. Bus Service 2N remain suspended.
External Links & References:
Back to Bus Contracting Model