The Tampines Bus Package is one of fourteen bus packages under the Bus Contracting Model (BCM).
Under the BCM, bus routes are bundled into bus packages, consisting of a single bus depot, several bus interchanges/terminals, the bus routes and the buses themselves. With all bus infrastructure belonging to the Government, the Land Transport Authority (LTA) would contract out the bus package, select a bus operator (through a competitive tendering process), and lease these assets to the new operator.
The successful tenderer operates these bus routes and collects fares on behalf of LTA, while maintaining the associated bus infrastructure (buses & onboard equipment, depots, interchanges & terminals). In return, the operator is awarded an operating fee from LTA and potential bonuses via an incentive framework.
Currently under construction, the East Coast Integrated Depot would likely take over as the bus depot for this package as part of the tendered package when completed.
PT207 – Tampines Bus Package (Negotiated Contract Term: 2016 to 2024):
As part of the Bus Contracting Model which was fully implemented in September 2016, LTA entered into a Negotiated Contract with SBS Transit to operate bus services under the Tampines Bus Package until the awarded operator for the open tender of the Tampines Bus Package takes over operations. This was announced to be in Year 2024 by LTA in 2016.
|Contract PT207: Tampines Bus Package (Negotiated Contract)|
|Operator||SBS Transit Ltd|
|Duration||01 Sep 2016 – 2024 (will be extended; exact duration yet to be announced)|
||4, 10, 10e, 18, 19, 20, 23, 28, 29, 31, 37, 38, 39, 47, 65, 69, 72, 81, 127, 129, 291, 292, 293, 298 & 513
(25 bus routes)
|Anchor Bus Depot||Bedok North Bus Depot|
|Anchor Bus Interchange / Terminal||Tampines Bus Interchange, Tampines Concourse Bus Interchange, Tampines North Bus Interchange, Changi Business Park Bus Terminal,|
In November 2021, as part of the Transition of Downtown Line to Version 2 of the New Rail Financing Framework from January 2022, SBS Transit has agreed to a revised service fee rate for five of its existing bus contracts, that is lower than the current service fee and is benchmarked against recent bus tenders after a review with LTA. The five contracts will be extended (by an average of three years) at these revised rates. [LTA Press Release]
As published in an article on The Straits Times, Tampines Bus Package is one of the bus contracts that would be extended at a revised rate. However, the exact number of years extended for this bus package has not been announced publicly by LTA.
Tampines Bus Package contains 25 existing bus services, all of which are currently operated by SBS Transit.
|4||Tampines ↺ Changi North Way||Trunk|
||Tampines ↔ Kent Ridge||Trunk|
||Bedok Road ⇄ Shenton Way / Anson Road||Express|
|18||Tampines North ⇄ Bedok North Bus Depot||Trunk|
||Tampines ↺ Airport Cargo Road||Trunk|
||Tampines ↺ Changi Business Park Avenue 3||Trunk|
|23||Tampines ↺ Rochor Canal Road||Trunk|
|28||Tampines ↔ Toa Payoh||Trunk|
|29||Tampines ↺ Changi Village||Trunk|
||Tampines ↔ Toa Payoh||Trunk|
|37||Tampines ↺ Changi North Crescent||Trunk|
|38||Tampines ↔ Bedok||Trunk|
|39||Tampines Concourse ↔ Yishun||Trunk|
||Changi Business Park ↺ Amber Road||Trunk|
||Tampines ↔ HarbourFront||Trunk|
||Tampines ↺ Bedok||Trunk|
||Yio Chu Kang ↔ Tampines||Trunk|
||Tampines ↺ Serangoon Central||Trunk|
||Tampines ↺ Tampines Industrial Avenue 5||Trunk|
||Tampines North ↔ Saint Michael’s||Trunk|
||Tampines ↺ Tampines Street 81 / Tampines Street 32||Feeder|
||Tampines ↺ Tampines Street 22||Feeder|
||Tampines ↺ Tampines Street 71 / Tampines Avenue 7||Feeder|
||Tampines North ↺ Tampines Avenue 5||Feeder|
|513||Tampines Avenue 5 ⇄ Shenton Way / Anson Road||Express|
Short Trip & Supplementary Bus Services
These services do not add to the overall service count.
|29A||Tampines → Tampines Avenue 7 (Blk 497D)||Short Trip|
|31A||Tampines → New Upp Changi Road (Tanah Merah Stn Exit A)||Short Trip|
||Yio Chu Kang → Hougang Central (Opp Hougang Ctrl Int)||Short Trip|
||Yio Chu Kang → Ang Mo Kio Avenue 5 (ITE Coll Ctrl)||Short Trip|
||Tampines → Tampines North Drive 1 (Opp Blk 610C)||Short Trip|
||Tampines ↺ Tampines Street 81 / Tampines Street 32||Terminating Trip|
|293T||Tampines ↺ Tampines Street 71 / Tampines Avenue 7||Terminating Trip|
Tampines Bus Package – Negotiated Contract (PT207) Timeline
- 2016 (11 Aug): Tampines Bus Package mentioned as one of 11 Negotiated Contract (NC) Packages, and operated by SBS Transit.
- 2018 (12 Aug): Terminating trips for 291 & 293 renumbered as 291T & 293T
- 2020 (08 Apr): Bus Services 10e, 513 & 2N temporarily suspended due to Singapore COVID-19 Circuit Breaker Measures.
- 2020 (02 Jun): Resumption of Bus Services 10e & 513. Bus Service 2N remain suspended.
- 2020 (11 Oct): Service 127 amended to Tampines North Dr 1 & Tampines Ave 11. Service 127A amended to terminate at Tampines North Drive 1 (Opp Blk 610C)
- 2021 (Nov): Announcement of extension of bus contract at a revised rate by SBS Transit / LTA as part of the Transition of Downtown Line to Version 2 of the New Rail Financing Framework from January 2022; exact duration of extension has not been announced publicly by LTA.
- 2021 (12 Dec): Service 22 transferred to Serangoon-Eunos Bus Package with its route amendment
- 2022 (30 Jun): Bus Service 2N withdrawn
External Links & References:
- Bus Industry to complete transition to BCM on 1 Sep 2016 – LTA
- Transition of Downtown Line to New Rail Financing Framework Version Two – LTA
- Downtown Line to transition to new rail financing framework from January 2022 – The Straits Times
Back to Bus Contracting Model