SBS Transit Bus Service 39 is a trunk service plying between Tampines Concourse and Yishun, passing through Pasir Ris, TPE, Jln Kayu, SLE and Khatib. It is one of many services along the TPE / SLE corridor.
||Tampines Concourse Bus Interchange ↔ Yishun Temp Int|
|Passes Through||Pasir Ris, TPE, Jln Kayu, SLE, Khatib|
|Route Length||26.3 km (D1) | 26.9 km (D2)|
|Travelling Time||85 mins|
|BCM Route Package||Tampines Bus Package|
|Current Operator||SBS Transit Ltd
|Current Depot||Bedok North Bus Depot (BNDEP)|
|Current Fleet||12-metre Double Deck bus:
– Volvo B9TL
12-metre Single Deck bus:
– Scania K230UB
– Mercedes-Benz O530 Citaro
|Departure Times from Tampines Concourse
||0530 – 2330 (Weekdays)
0600 – 2330 (Weekends/PHs)
|Departure Times from Yishun
||0600 – 2330 (Daily)|
|Frequency||Direction 1||Direction 2|
|0630-0830: 07 – 13 mins
0831-1659: 08 – 15 mins
1700-1900: 08 – 10 mins
After 1900: 14 – 18 mins
|0630-0830: 08 – 12 mins
0831-1659: 07 – 14 mins
1700-1900: 09 – 10 mins
After 1900: 13 – 16 mins
Service 39 provides direct links between Pasir Ris / Tampines and Yishun, with an express sector along Tampines and Seletar Expressways. Most of the demand comes from Pasir Ris, as the only bus service to Yishun. From Tampines, SMRT Service 969 serves as a faster route to Yishun, skipping Pasir Ris and Jalan Kayu completely.
The route also caters to inter-town demand between Pasir Ris town and Tampines Avenue 2.
As part of the DTL3 Bus Service Enhancements, Service 39 calls at a new pair of bus stops along Tampines Ave 2, at Tampines East MRT Station from 21 Oct 2017.
Extension to Tampines Concourse Bus Interchange
As part of the Bus Service Enhancements with the opening of Tampines Concourse Bus Interchange, Bus Service 39 was extended to Tampines Concourse Bus Interchange from 18 December 2016. There was no change in bus stops for Service 39.
MRT Stations Served:
Fleet: Service 39 consists of Scania K230UB and Mercedes-Benz Citaros. Additional Mercedes-Benz Citaro buses were added under the BSEP scheme. Double-deck buses began operating on the route from 02 Jun 2015 onwards.
- 2003 – Present: SBS Transit Ltd
The Bus Service Operating License (BSOL) for this route will be renewed in 2024 under the Tampines Bus Package.
- 2003: Introduced by SBS Transit between Tampines and Yishun. The first SBS service in Yishun since 1995.
- 2004 (25 Jul): Calls at an additional pair of bus stops at Jln Kayu (Outside Seletar Camp Gate)
- 2011 (21 Jun): Designated wheelchair-accessible bus route (WAB)
- 2013: Service improvement under the Bus Service Enhancement Programme (BSEP)
- 2014 (Mar): Bus Service Reliability Framework (BSRF) implemented for a two-year trial
- 2014 (05 Oct): Calls at Tampines Expressway (Punggol Road) Bus Interchange
- 2015 (14 Mar): Amended to Yishun Temp Int
- 2015 (02 Jun): Start of Double-decker buses deployment
- 2015 (05 Jun): BSRF trial extended to Aug 2016
- 2016 (18 Dec): Extended to Tampines Concourse Int
- 2017 (21 Oct): Calls a new pair of bus stops at Tampines East MRT Station
- Refer to this article
- 2003: Amended to present routing. No significant route changes since 2003.
External Links & References: