Go-Ahead Bus Service 3 is a trunk service connecting the residential estates of Tampines, Pasir Ris and Punggol. It is also one of the few non-loop routes in Singapore to use a bus interchange as an intermediate stop along its route (Pasir Ris Int).
|Route||Tampines Bus Interchange ↔ Punggol Bus Interchange|
|Passes Through||Tampines Street 21, Tampines Ave 2, Pasir Ris Dr 1, Pasir Ris Dr 4, Pasir Ris Dr 12, Punggol East|
|Route Length||Towards Punggol: 18.9 km||Towards Tampines: 19.7 km|
|Traveling Time||80 mins|
|BCM Route Package||Loyang Bus Package|
|Current Operator||Go-Ahead Singapore|
|Current Depot||Loyang Bus Depot|
|Current Fleet||12-metre Single Deck Bus:
– Mercedes-Benz Citaro
|12-metre Double Deck bus:
– MAN A95
– Volvo B9TL
|Departure Times from Tampines
||Weekdays||Saturdays||Sundays / Public Holidays|
|05:05 – 23:35||05:15 – 23:36||05:15 – 23:39|
|Service 3A – Terminates at Pasir Ris Dr 12 (Blk 747A):|
|Weekdays & Saturdays: 23:47 – 00:35
Sundays / Public Holidays: 23:53 – 00:35
|Departure Times from Punggol
||Weekdays||Saturdays & Sundays / Public Holidays|
|05:40 – 00:36||05:50 – 00:36|
|From Tampines||07 – 11 mins||09 – 14 mins||08 – 09 mins||12 – 14 mins|
|From Punggol||08 – 10 mins||09 – 15 mins||09 – 12 mins||12 – 17 mins|
|Fare||Charges regular distance fares
Bus Service 3 was introduced in 2002 from the merger of Feeder 294 and Townlink 357, plying between Tampines and Pasir Ris before being extended to Punggol in 2003. It is a residential trunk route serving the regional centres of Punggol, Pasir Ris and Tampines estates, and incorporating a short express sector along the Tampines Expressway (TPE) between Pasir Ris and Punggol.
As remnants of its Feeder past, Service 3 continues to be the sole service running through Tampines St 21, Pasir Ris St 21 and Pasir Ris St 71, hence linking these neighbourhoods with Tampines Regional Centre or Pasir Ris Town Centre.
Due to the lack of alternative routes along Tampines St 21, Pasir Ris St 21 and Pasir Ris St 71, this route partially takes up the role of connecting commuters to the town centre in Pasir Ris New Town and regional centre in Tampines New Town. It also complements the passenger demands of Service 83 within Punggol New Town. Between Pasir Ris Dr 12 and Punggol Rd, this route uses the Tampines Expressway (TPE) to connect to and from Pasir Ris and Punggol.
This service also plies different routing towards Punggol & Tampines around Tampines Street 21 and 23.
On 7 September 2015, double-decker buses were deployed, following years of complaints about overloading.
MRT / LRT Stations Served
- EW1 Pasir Ris
- EW2–DT32 Tampines
- DT33 Tampines East
- PE1 Cove
- PE2 Meridian
- PE3 Coral Edge
- PE4 Riviera
- NE17PTC Punggol
- Pasir Ris Drive 12 (Aft TPE) → Tampines Int
Weekdays: 05:25, 05:38 & 05:51
Saturdays: 05:25, 05:40 & 05:55
Sundays / Public Holidays: 05:25, 05:41 & 05:57
- Pasir Ris Dr 1 (Blk 738) → Tampines Int
Weekdays: 06:19, 06:47 & 07:15
- Pasir Ris Int → Tampines Int
Daily: 05:15 & 05:28
- Pasir Ris Dr 8 (Aft Pasir Ris Dr 3) → Punggol Temp Int
Short Trip Service
- Service 3A: Tampines Interchange → Pasir Ris Drive 12 (Blk 747A)
– Weekday Afternoons & Evening Peak Hours
– Daily after the last bus of Service 3
Weekdays: 15:31, 16:27, 23:47, 23:59, 00:11, 00:23, 00:35
Saturdays: 23:47, 23:59, 00:11, 00:23, 00:35
Sundays / Public Holidays: 23:53, 00:07, 00:21, 00:35
- Service 3A (Special Departures): Pasir Ris Drive 8 (Aft Pasir Ris Dr 3) → Pasir Ris Drive 12 (Blk 747A)
Weekdays Evening Peak Hours
Gallery (Go-Ahead Singapore):
Gallery (SBS Transit):
- 07 Apr 2002 – 03 Sep 2016: SBS Transit Ltd
- 04 Sep 2016 – Present: Go Ahead Singapore Pte Ltd (formerly known as Go Ahead Loyang Pte Ltd)
The Bus Service Operating License (BSOL) for this route will be renewed in 2023 under the Loyang Bus Package.
- 2002 (7 Apr): Introduced by SBS Transit as Tampines – Pasir Ris Street 71 (Loop), formed by the merger of existing services 294 and 357. Route number re-used for the second time.
- 2003 (19 Aug): Extended to loop at Punggol Central via Tampines Expressway
- 2003 (30 Nov): Extended to terminate at Punggol (Temp) Int, now a bidirectional route
- 2012 (29 Apr): Serves new bus stop outside Blk 612 along Pasir Ris Dr 1
- 2014 (Mar): Bus Service Reliability Framework (BSRF) implemented for a two-year trial.
- 2014 (24 Aug): Calls at a new pair of bus stops along the slip road of Tampines Expressway near Punggol Flyover
- 2015 (05 Jun): BSRF trial extended to Aug 2016
- 2015 (07 Sep): Start of Double-Decker bus deployments
- 2015 (12 Dec): Route amendment due to realignment of Pasir Ris Ctrl & extension of Pasir Ris Dr 8
- 2016 (4 Sep): Operations transferred to Go Ahead Loyang Pte Ltd from SBS Transit Ltd. First bus brought forward from 5.15am to 5.05am from Punggol Int on Weekdays.
- 2017 (21 Oct): Calls a new pair of bus stops at Tampines East MRT Station.
Back to Bus Services