SBS Transit Feeder Service 293 is a Feeder service operating from Tampines Interchange and looping at Tampines Street 71 and Avenue 7, passing through Tampines Avenue 3, 8, 9 and Street 42. It operates as a dual-loop service, calling at Tampines Interchange twice in a single trip.
↺ Tampines St 71 (Loop)
- Service 293 buses will continue to the other loop at Tampines Int.
- Service 293T buses will terminate at Tampines Int.
|Route||Tampines Bus Interchange ↺ Tampines Street 71 & Tampines Avenue 7 (Loop)|
|Passes Through||West Loop: Tampines Ave 4, Tampines Ave 3, Tampines Ave 8
East Loop: Tampines St 41, Tampines Ave 9, Tampines St 45, Tampines St 42
|Route Length||15.1 km|
|Travelling Time||85 mins|
|BCM Route Package||Tampines Bus Package|
|Current Operator||SBS Transit Ltd|
|Current Depot||Bedok North Bus Depot (BNDEP)|
|Current Fleet||12-metre Single Deck Bus
– Mercedes-Benz Citaro
– Scania K230UB
|12-metre Double Deck Bus
– Volvo B9TL
|Departure Times from Tampines (West Loop)
|05:00 – 00:50|
|Departure Times from Tampines (East Loop)
|05:00 – 00:50|
|Weekdays||1 – 6 mins||1 – 8 mins||1 – 6 mins||1 – 14 mins|
|Saturdays||6 – 7 mins||6 – 8 mins||5 – 8 mins||6 – 9 mins|
|Sundays / Public Holidays||7 – 8 mins||7 – 8 mins||7 – 10 mins||8 – 13 mins|
|Fare||Charges distance fares capped at 3.2km for feeder services.
Feeder Service 293 serves residents and schools around Tampines Neighbourhoods 7, 8 and 9 on the West Loop, and Neighbourhood 4 on the East Loop, connecting both ends to Tampines Regional Centre.
A full trip of Service 293 will first ply the West Loop followed by the East Loop, while calling at Tampines Interchange between loops. Terminating trips will display Service 293T to indicate that the bus will no longer continue its journey after Tampines Interchange.
From Tampines Interchange, different boarding berths are used for the East (Berth B3) and West (Berth B4) loop respectively. Passengers should check the service direction before boarding the bus.
As part of the DTL3 Opening Bus Enhancements, the East Loop for Service 293 was amended to loop at Tampines Street 42 & Tampines Ave 7 from 21 Oct 2017, skipping Tampines Street 43. This enhances connectivity to Tampines East MRT Station.
The Townlink branding for Service 293 was dropped in August 2018.
During Eves of Public Holidays, as well as MRT Early Closure affecting Tampines MRT Station, operating hours will be extended. Exact last bus hours are announced by SBS Transit closer to these dates.
MRT Stations Served
- Tampines Int → Tampines Int via Tampines Ave 7 (East Loop)
Weekdays: 05:00, 05:10, 05:20, Morning Peak Hours & Evening Peak Hours
Saturdays: 05:00 & 05:14
Sundays / Public Holidays: 05:00 & 05:13
- Tampines Ave 7 (Tampines East Stn Exit A) → Tampines Int
Weekdays: 05:00 & 05:12
Saturdays & Sundays / Public Holidays: 05:00 & 05:11
- Service 293T: Tampines Int ↺ Tampines St 71 (West Loop)
- Service 293T: Tampines Int ↺ Tampines Ave 7 (East Loop)
- 1984 – 2001: Singapore Bus Services Ltd
- 2001 – Present: SBS Transit Ltd
The Bus Service Operating License (BSOL) for this route will be renewed in 2024 under the Tampines Bus Package.
- 1984 (12 Aug): Introduced between Tampines Ter and Tampines Ave 3 (Loop)
- 1985: Amended to loop at Tampines St 81
- 1987 (29 Nov): Amended to Tampines Int
- 1988 (19 Jun): Extended to ply Tampines St 84
- 1996 (06 Jul): Integrated with Service 297, converted to Townlink service and extended to loop at Tampines St 45
- 1997 (14 Dec): Amended to loop at Tampines St 71, skipping Tampines St 81 & Tampines St 84
- 2009 (26 Oct): Designated wheelchair-accessible bus service (WAB)
- 2017 (21 Oct): Amended to loop at Tampines Ave 7, skipping Tampines St 43
- 2018 (12 Aug): Townlink branding dropped, re-branded as a Feeder Bus Service
- 2019 (05 Oct): Daily last bus timing from Tampines extended from 00:45 to 00:50
- 2018 (12 Aug): Terminating Trips reflected as Service 293T instead of using T Plates.