SBS Transit Bus Service 29 is a trunk service connecting Tampines to Changi Village, via Tampines Ave 9, Upp Changi Rd North and Netheravon Rd. This route loops within Changi Village Bus Terminal.
||Tampines Bus Interchange ↺ Changi Village Bus Terminal (Loop)|
|Passes Through||Tampines Ave 9, Old Tampines Rd, Upp Changi Rd Nth, Netheravon Rd|
|Route Length||19.5 km|
|Traveling Time||80 mins (Full Loop)|
|BCM Route Package||Tampines Bus Package|
|Current Operator||SBS Transit Ltd|
|Current Depot||Bedok North Bus Depot (BNDEP)|
|Current Fleet||12-metre Single Deck Bus:
– Mercedes-Benz O530 Citaro
– Scania K230UB
|Departure Times from Tampines
||0520hrs – 2345hrs (Daily)|
|Departure Times from Changi Village
||0550hrs – 0016hrs (Weekdays)
0553hrs – 0018hrs (Saturdays)
0551hrs – 0015hrs (Sundays / Public Holidays)
|0630hrs – 0830hrs: 08 – 10 mins
0831hrs – 1659hrs: 07 – 15 mins
1700hrs – 1900hrs: 09 – 10 mins
After 1900hrs: 09 – 20 mins
Service 29 connects Tampines Regional Centre with Tampines East, Old Tampines Road, Upper Changi Road North and Netheravon Road, looping at Changi Village Terminal.
At Tampines East, Service 29 compliments Service 28 and 293 between Tampines Interchange and Tampines Ave 9, which benefits from high residential demand. Further on, Service 29 is the only service to serve Old Tampines Rd and Netheravon Rd, offering bus connections to residents and various amenities in those areas.
From Changi Village Terminal, Service 29 is the only bus service back to Tampines, but commuters looking for a quicker option can transfer from 2, 59 or 109 to Service 19 at Loyang Avenue. Commuters should be aware of Service 19’s operating hours.
Double-deck buses are not operated due to insufficient demand, and possibly low headroom along Old Tampines Rd, Cranwell Rd and Netheravon Rd.
MRT Stations Served:
Short Trip Service:
- Service 29A: Tampines Int → Tampines Ave 7 (Blk 497D)
Weekdays: 1734hrs, 1800hrs, 1838hrs, 1905hrs & 1941hrs
- 1988 – 2001: Singapore Bus Services Ltd
- 2001 – Present: SBS Transit Ltd
The Bus Service Operating License (BSOL) for this route will be renewed in 2024 under the Tampines Bus Package.
- 1987: Introduced between Tampines Ave 5 (roadside ter) and Changi Airport Cargo Complex (Loop),
- 1987 (29 Nov): Amended to Tampines Int
- 1992: Trips departing Tampines Int after 1930hrs were truncated to loop at Changi Village Ter
- 1994: Shortened to loop at Changi Village Ter
- 2003: Amended to ply Tampines St 41 and Ave 9, skipping a stretch of bus stops along Tampines Ave 7 in 2003.
- 2010 (28 Feb): Designated wheelchair-accessible bus route (WAB)
- 2013: Service improvement under the Bus Service Enhancement Programme (BSEP)
- Refer to this article
- 2003: Amended to present routing. No significant route changes since 2003.