SBS Transit Feeder Service 291 is a Feeder service operating from Tampines Interchange and looping at Tampines Street 81 and Street 32, passing through Tampines Street 83, 84, 21, 23 and 33. It operates as a dual-loop service, calling at Tampines Interchange twice in a single trip.
- Service 291 buses will continue to the other loop at Tampines Int.
- Service 291T buses will terminate at Tampines Int.
|Route||Tampines Bus Interchange ↺ Tampines Street 81 & Street 32 (Loop)|
|Passes Through||West Loop: Tampines Ave 3 / Ave 5, Tampines St 83 / St 84
East Loop: Tampines St 21 / St 23 / St 33
|Route Length||10.6 km|
|Travelling Time||65 mins|
|BCM Route Package||Tampines Bus Package|
|Current Operator||SBS Transit Ltd|
|Current Depot||Bedok North Bus Depot (BNDEP)|
|Current Fleet||12-metre Single Deck Bus
– Scania K230UB
|12-metre Double Deck Bus
– Volvo B9TL
|Departure Times from Tampines (West Loop)
|05:30 – 00:50|
|Departure Times from Tampines (East Loop)
|05:30 – 00:50|
|Weekdays||1 – 5 mins||3 – 9 mins||1 – 5 mins||2 – 13 mins|
|Saturdays||5 – 7 mins||4 – 9 mins||4 – 9 mins||3 – 10 mins|
|Sundays / Public Holidays||6 – 11 mins||4 – 12 mins||4 – 10 mins||3 – 13 mins|
|Fare||Charges distance fares capped at 3.2km for feeder services.
Feeder Service 291 serves residents and schools around Tampines Neighbourhoods 7 and 8 on the West Loop, and Neighbourhoods 2 and 3 on the East Loop, connecting both ends of its route to Tampines Regional Centre.
A full trip of Service 291 will first ply the West Loop followed by the East Loop, while calling at Tampines Interchange between loops. Terminating trips are indicated as Service 291T to indicate that the bus will no longer continue its journey after Tampines Interchange.
From Tampines Interchange, different boarding berths are used for the East (Berth B8) and West loop (Berth B9) respectively. Passengers should check the service direction before boarding the bus.
The Townlink branding for Service 291 was dropped in August 2018.
During Eves of Public Holidays, as well as MRT Early Closure affecting Tampines MRT Station, operating hours will be extended. Exact last bus hours are announced by SBS Transit closer to these dates.
MRT Station Served
- EW2–DT32 Tampines
- Service 291T: Tampines Int ↺ Tampines St 81 (West Loop)
- Service 291T: Tampines Int ↺ Tampines St 32 (East Loop)
Service 291T buses would terminate at Tampines Int and not continue to the other loop.
- Tampines Int → Tampines Int via Tampines St 32 (East Loop)
Weekdays: 05:30, 05:38, 05:46, Morning & Evening Peak Hours
Saturdays: 05:30, 05:38 & 05:46
Sundays / Public Holidays: 05:30 & 05:42
- Tampines St 32 (Opp Blk 331) → Tampines Int
- 1994 – 2001: Singapore Bus Services Ltd
- 2001 – Present: SBS Transit Ltd
The Bus Service Operating License (BSOL) for this route will be renewed in 2024 under the Tampines Bus Package.
- 1994 (11 Sep): Introduced between Tampines Int and Tampines St 33 (Loop)
- 1996 (06 Jul): Integrated with Service 295, converted to Townlink service and extended to loop at Tampines Ave 8
- 1997 (14 Dec): Amended to loop at Tampines St 81, skipping Tampines Ave 8
- 2003 (30 Nov): Amended to ply Tampines Ave 3 and Tampines St 84
- 2009 (03 Dec): Designated wheelchair-accessible bus service (WAB)
- 2017 (24 Dec): Amended to ply Tampines Central 8 and Tampines Concourse towards Tampines Int
- 2018 (12 Aug): Townlink branding dropped, re-branded as a Feeder Bus Service.
- 2019 (05 Oct): Last bus timing from Tampines amended from 00:45 to 00:50
- 2018 (12 Aug): Terminating Trips reflected as Service 291T instead of using T Plates.