SBS Transit Bus Service 20 is a loop trunk route connecting Tampines and Changi Business Park, passing through Tampines East, Simei and Expo. It is the 10th bus service to be rolled out under the Bus Service Enhancement Programme.
|Route||Tampines Bus Interchange ↺ Changi Business Park Avenue 3 (Loop)|
|Passes Through||Tampines Ave 2, Simei St 1/3/4, Changi South Ave 2, Changi Business Park Central 2|
|Route Length||17.9 km|
|Traveling Time||85 mins|
|BCM Route Package||Tampines Bus Package|
|Current Operator||SBS Transit Ltd|
|Current Depot||Bedok North Bus Depot (BNDEP)|
|Current Fleet||12-metre Double Deck Bus
– Volvo B9TL
|Note: Full Single Deck deployment on Weekends & Public Holidays|
|Departure Times from Tampines
|06:00 – 23:30|
|Loop Service||6:30am–8.30am||8.31am–4.59pm||5.00pm–7.00pm||After 7.00pm|
|Weekdays||9 – 11 mins||9 – 14 mins||10 – 12 mins||11 – 15 mins|
|Saturdays||11 – 12 mins||10 – 12 mins||12 – 13 mins||13 – 16 mins|
|Sundays / Public Holidays||11 – 12 mins||9 – 12 mins||12 – 13 mins||11 – 16 mins|
|Fare||Charges regular distance fares
Service 20 connects residents in Tampines & Simei to key transport nodes at Tampines, Simei and Expo MRT stations, and also enhances inter-town connectivity, giving residents greater access to to the Changi Business Park area and Changi City Point. Its sectors within Simei estate duplicate Service 38, enhancing bus connectivity within the Simei estate.
It was amended to better serve Singapore University of Technology and Design (SUTD) and Changi South with the new Downtown Line Expo station from 21 Oct 2017 as part of the Downtown Line Stage 3 Bus Service Enhancements.
The route runs at moderate demand throughout the day owing to residential connections and workers from Changi Business Park.
MRT Stations Served:
- Simei Road (Simei Green Condo) → Tampines Int
Weekdays: 06:00, 06:08, 06:16, 06:24, 06:32 & 06:40
Saturdays: 06:00, 06:11, 06:21, 06:32 & 06:42
Sundays / Public Holidays: 06:00, 06:16 & 06:32
- 09 Jun 2013 – Present: SBS Transit Ltd
The Bus Service Operating License (BSOL) for this route will be renewed in 2024 under the Tampines Bus Package.
- 2013 (09 Jun): Introduced between Tampines and Changi Business Park under the Bus Service Enhancement Programme (BSEP)
- 2013 (30 Sep): Designated wheelchair-accessible bus route (WAB)
- 2014 (23 Jun): Start of Double Decker deployments
- 2015 (20 Dec): Serves a new pair of bus stops (96381 / 96389) along Changi South Avenue 2
- 2017 (21 Oct): Amended to Somapah Road as part of Downtown Line Stage 3 Bus Service Enhancements
- 2018 (10 Jun): Serves a new pair of bus stops (96411 / 96419) along Changi South Ave 1