SBS Transit Bus Service 19 is a circular trunk route connecting Tampines and Changi Airfreight Centre through Tampines East, Loyang Avenue and Nicoll Drive. It is one of three daily trunk services to Changi Airfreight Centre (formerly Changi Airport Cargo Complex, CACC). It is not a full day bus service as the last bus departs Tampines Interchange at 8:15pm daily.
||Tampines Bus Interchange ↺ Airport Cargo Road (Loop)|
|Passes Through||Tampines Ave 7, Loyang Ave|
|Route Length||21.5 km|
|Travelling Time||80 mins|
|BCM Route Package||Tampines Bus Package|
|Current Operator||SBS Transit Ltd|
|Current Depot||Bedok North Bus Depot (BNDEP)|
|Current Fleet||12-metre Double Deck Buses:
– MAN A95
– Volvo B9TL
12-metre Single Deck Buses:
– Scania K230UB
|Departure Times from Tampines
||0530hrs – 2015hrs (Daily)|
|0630hrs – 0830hrs: 06 – 07 mins
0831hrs – 1659hrs: 06 – 16 mins
1700hrs – 1900hrs: 06 – 08 mins
After 1900hrs: 08 – 14 mins
Introduced in 1993, Service 19 is one of three daily services to Changi Airfreight Centre, formerly known as Changi Airport Cargo Complex or CACC. The route connects Tampines Regional Centre and to the offices and industries in the Changi area. In parallel with normal commuting patterns, much of its demand is encountered during the peak hours when workers commute between the industrial areas and transport nodes at Tampines.
Changi Airfreight Centre is a restricted area and only staff with valid passes are allowed to enter. Auxiliary police officers will board the bus to check for staff passes at the Police Pass Office along Airline Road. Visitors who do not have a pass are to alight and re-board the bus after it returns from completing its loop within the Airfreight Centre (at a separate bus stop opposite Police Pass Office).
Upon tapping out of the bus, the exit reader will display “Ride Suspended”. It will resume the journey when one taps onboard the same service after the bus comes out of the Airfreight Centre. Cash-paying passengers will still have to pay a full fare to their journey after they board the bus.
MRT Stations Served:
- 1993 – 31 Oct 2001: Singapore Bus Services Ltd
- 01 Nov 2001 – Present: SBS Transit Ltd
The Bus Service Operating License (BSOL) for this route will be renewed in 2024 under the Tampines Bus Package.
- 1993: Introduced as Tampines Int – Changi Airport Cargo Complex (Loop) when Service 29 was shortened from CACC to Changi Village. Loops at Airline Road (SIA Plant and Maint Off)
- 2003: Serves new pair of bus stops (98231/98239) along Loyang Ave
- 2004 (14 Dec): Relocation of bus stops 95039 and 95041 along Airport Cargo Rd
- 2005 (08 Oct): Start of Double Decker deployments
- 2008: Serves relocated bus stop 99171 along Nicoll Dr with the abolition of bus stop 99169
- 2011 (26 Sep): Designated wheelchair-accessible bus route (WAB)
- Refer to this article
- 1993: No route amendments since introduction.