SBS Transit Bus Service 23 is a loop route running between Tampines and Rochor Canal Rd, serving Tampines Avenue 1, Bedok North Road and Boon Keng. It includes an express sector along Bedok North Road Extension and the Pan-Island Expressway.
||Tampines Bus Interchange ↺ Rochor Canal Road (Loop)|
|Passes Through||Tampines Ave 1, Bedok North Rd, Jln Besar, S’goon Rd|
|Route Length||31.9 km|
|Travelling Time||83 – 108 mins|
|BCM Route Package||Tampines Bus Package|
|Current Operator||SBS Transit Ltd
|Current Depot||Bedok North Bus Depot (BNDEP)|
|Current Fleet||12-metre Double Deck Bus:
– Volvo B9TL
– Volvo B10TL
|Departure Times from Tampines||0530hrs – 2350hrs (Daily)|
|Departure Times from Rochor Canal Rd (Rochor Stn)||0545hrs – 0032hrs (Weekdays)
0545hrs – 0029hrs (Saturdays)
0545hrs – 0027hrs (Sundays & Public Holidays)
|0630 – 0830: 06 – 07 mins
0831 – 1659: 05 – 12 mins
1700 – 1900: 06 – 09 mins
After 1900: 08 – 16 mins
Introduced in 1983, Service 23 connects the housing estate of Tampines and Bedok North with the City areas of Little India and Boon Keng, looping at Rochor Canal Road. Incorporating an express sector along the PIE (between Bedok North Rd and Jln Kolam Ayer), the long express sector offers a quick connection as compared to other bus routes or the MRT network.
The route experiences good demand all day round with many passengers commuting between these two areas, especially on weekday peak hours and weekends. It is also a frequently-used connection between Tampines Avenue 1 and Tampines Interchange, serving residents and students of Temasek Polytechnic. Double-deck buses make up all buses operating on Service 23.
- Rochor Canal Road (Rochor Stn) → Tampines Int
Weekdays: 0545hrs, 0557hrs, 0623hrs, 0633hrs
Saturdays, Sundays & Public Holidays: 0545hrs, 0558hrs
MRT Stations Served:
Fare: Charges basic distance fares. See Bus Fares.
- 20 Feb 1983 – 31 Oct 2001: Singapore Bus Services Ltd
- 01 Nov 2001 – Present: SBS Transit Ltd
The Bus Service Operating License (BSOL) for this route will be renewed in 2024 under the Tampines Bus Package.
- 1983 (20 Feb): Introduced as Tampines Avenue 5 Ter – Tomlinson Road (Loop), via Simei Avenue and PIE.
- 1987 (29 Nov): Extended to Tampines Int
- 1988 (23 Oct): Skips a pair of bus stops (76059/76051) along Tampines Ave 5
- 1991 (06 Jan): Shortened to loop at Rochor Canal Road under Transitlink Integration Exercise Phase 1.
- 1995 (18 Sep): Amended to ply between Tampines Ave 1, Ave 10 tyrhnnh Bedok North Rd
- 1997: Serves additional pair of bus stops (76059/76051) along Tampines Ave 5
- 2000: Serves new pair of bus stops (75259/75251) along Tampines Ave 1
- 2007: Serves additional pair of bus stops (60069/60061) along Jln Kolam Ayer
- 2013: Service improvement under the Bus Service Enhancement Programme (BSEP)
- 2017 (21 Aug): Designated wheelchair-accessible bus route (WAB)
- 2017 (21 Oct): Serves new bus stop at Bedok North MRT Station
- Refer to this article
- 1995: Amended to present routing. No significant route changes since 1995.
External Links & References: