SMRT Bus Service 966 is a trunk route from Woodlands Temporary Interchange and looping at Marine Parade, passing through Marsiling, Bukit Panjang, Whitley, Jalan Toa Payoh, Eunos and Still Road. Incorporating long express sectors, the route serves as an important connection between the housing estates of Bukit Panjang, Toa Payoh, Eunos and Marine Parade.
Service 966 Trips from Woodlands Temp Int terminating at Marine Parade Rd (Opp Parkway Parade) will be indicated as Service 966A from 11 April 2021.
|Route||Woodlands Temporary Bus Interchange ↺ Marine Parade Road (Loop)|
|Passes Through||Woodlands Ave 3, Petir Rd, Jln Toa Payoh, Jln Eunos, Still Rd|
|Route Length||63.5 km|
|Traveling Time||125 mins|
|BCM Route Package||Sembawang–Yishun Bus Package|
|Current Operator||SMRT Buses Ltd|
|Current Depot||Ang Mo Kio Bus Depot (AMDEP)
Buses park at: Woodlands Bus Park (WLBP)
|Current Fleet||12-metre Single Deck Bus:
– MAN A22
|12-metre Double-Deck Bus:
– Alexander Dennis Enviro500
– MAN A95
|Departure Times from Woodlands
||Weekdays||Saturdays & Sundays / Public Holidays|
|05:45 – 23:30||06:00 – 23:30|
|Between 22:30 – 23:30, buses departing Woodlands Temp Int are renumbered as Service 966A which terminates at Marine Parade Rd (Opp Parkway Parade).
|Departure Times from Marine Parade Rd (Opp Parkway Parade)
||Weekdays||Saturdays||Sundays / Public Holidays|
|05:45 – 23:34||06:00 – 23:29||06:00 – 23:35|
|Loop Service||5 – 7 mins||5 – 11 mins||6 – 10 mins||10 – 13 mins|
|Fare||Charges regular distance fares
Service 966 is an inter-town route serving between the housing estates around Woodlands, Bukit Panjang, Jalan Toa Payoh, Eunos and Marine Parade. The route is frequented as a fast connection between Woodlands, Bukit Panjang, Toa Payoh and Eunos due to its long express sectors along the Bukit Timah Expressway (BKE) and Pan-Island Expressway (PIE).
The route shares its Woodlands – Bukit Panjang sector with Services 187 and 963, but is otherwise non-duplicative for most of its route and boasts many unique connections. Despite few duplicating routes, this service experiences moderate to low demand during off-peak hours, but very high demand during peak hours. As such, high capacity Alexander Dennis Enviro500 double-deck buses were deployed from August 2014 to cope with peak hour loads.
MRT / LRT Stations Served:
- Marine Parade Rd (Opp Parkway Parade) → Woodlands Temp Int
Weekdays: Between 05:45 – 06:33
Saturdays: Between 06:00 – 06:54
Sundays / Public Holidays: Between 06:00 – 06:47
- Bt Panjang Road (Blk 223) → Marine Parade Rd → Woodlands Temp Int
Weekdays Morning Peak Hours
Sundays / Public Holidays: 06:00
Short Trip Service:
- Service 966A: Woodlands Temp Int → Marine Parade Rd (Opp Parkway Parade)
Weekdays: 22:42 – 23:30
Saturdays: 22:37 – 23:30
Sundays / Public Holidays: 22:50 – 23:30
- 2003 – 2004: Trans-Island Bus Services Ltd
- 2004 – Present: SMRT Buses Ltd
- (~September 2021) onwards: Tower Transit Singapore Pte Ltd
Operations for this route would be transferred to Tower Transit in 2021 as part of the Sembawang–Yishun Bus Package.
The Bus Service Operating License (BSOL) for this route will be renewed in 2026 under the Sembawang–Yishun Bus Package.
- 2003 (16 Nov): Introduced between Woodlands Reg Int and Marine Parade Rd
- 2005 (13 Feb): Amended to loop at Marine Parade Rd from Woodlands Reg Int
- 2006 (16 Apr): Serves additional bus stop after Moonstone Lane along Serangoon Rd
- 2006 (04 Jun): Serves new pair of bus stops outside Kallang Basin Swim Cplx and after Infineon along Jln Kolam Ayer
- 2007 (07 Jan): Amended to ply Bt Panjang Rd, Pending Rd, Petir Rd and Dairy Farm Rd
- 2009 (18 Jan): Serves 2 new pairs of bus stops after and before Chestnut Ave and before and after Dairy Farm Rd along Petir Rd
- 2011 (04 Sep): Amended to ply Whampoa East with the permanent closure of Whampoa North
- 2012 (21 Oct): Amended to skip Bendemeer Rd, Whampoa East and Serangoon Rd towards Woodlands Reg Int
- 2012 (15 Nov): Designated wheelchair-accessible bus route (WAB)
- 2016 (12 Mar): Amended to Woodlands Temp Int