Bus Contracting Model (BCM) Route Package #5:
“Sembawang–Yishun Bus Package” (24 bus routes)
First announced on 11 August 2016, the Sembawang–Yishun Bus Package is one of fourteen bus packages to be released by the Land Transport Authority (LTA) as part of the transition to the Bus Contracting Model (BCM). Currently, SMRT Buses operates all bus services in this package under a Negotiated Contract (NC) model until Year 2020.
This package comprises 24 existing bus services mainly originating from Sembawang Bus Interchange, Yishun Bus Interchange and Woodlands Bus Interchange, with a handful originating at Yio Chu Kang, Resorts World Sentosa and Marina Centre.
This bus package has been referred to as “Mandai Bus Package” by staff from SMRT Buses.
|Name||To Be Announced|
|Awarded||To Be Announced|
|Duration||Five years, with two-year extension granted based on good performance|
|Published||To Be Announced|
|Closing||To Be Announced|
|Services||167, 169, 171, 825, 853, 854, 854e, 855, 856, 857, 858, 859, 882, 883, 963, 963e, 963R, 965, 966, 969, 980, 981, NR1, NR2|
|Bus Depot||Mandai Bus Depot|
|Anchor Interchanges / Terminals||Sembawang, Yishun, Woodlands|
Sembawang–Yishun Bus Package contains 24 existing bus services, all of which are currently operated by SMRT Buses.
|Service||Destination 1||Destination 2||Type||Description|
|169||Woodlands||Ang Mo Kio||Trunk|
|825||Yio Chu Kang||↺ Lentor Loop||Trunk|
|853/#||Yishun||Ang Mo Kio||Trunk||Weekdays & Sat|
|Upp East Coast||Trunk||Weekends & PHs|
|854e||Yishun||→ Bedok||Express||Weekday AM Peak Hour only|
|857||Yishun||↺ Temasek Ave||Trunk|
|858||Woodlands||↺ Changi Airport||Trunk|
|859A||Sembawang||↺ Admiralty Link||Trunk||Supplementary|
|859B||Sembawang||↺ Admiralty Link||Trunk||Supplementary|
|882||Sembawang||↺ Sembawang Rd||Trunk|
|883||Sembawang||↺ Yishun Ctrl 2||Trunk|
|963e||Woodlands||HarbourFront||Express||Weekday Peak Hours only|
|963R||Woodlands||Resorts World Sentosa||Express||Weekends & PHs|
|965||Woodlands||↺ Sengkang Int||Trunk|
|966||Woodlands||↺ Marine Parade Rd||Trunk|
|980||Sembawang||Lorong 1 Geylang||Trunk|
|981||Sembawang||Senoko Loop / Senoko Rd||Trunk||Weekdays & Sat Peak Hours|
|NR1||Resorts World Sentosa||Yishun Ring Road||Night||Night Service|
|NR2||Marina Ctr||Sembawang Drive||Night||Night Service|
Services 859A and 859B are considered as supplementary services of their parent service and do not add to the overall service count. Shortworking trip services are not included in the above list.
Scope of Tender:
As part of the tender, the new Operator will be required to fulfill responsibilities as such:
- Operate the twenty-four (24) bus services in the areas in accordance with specified EWT performance standards
- Operate and maintain the buses and their onboard equipment provided by LTA
- Operate and maintain Sembawang, Yishun and Woodlands Bus Interchanges, and Mandai Bus Depot, including all equipment and systems provided therein
- Charge and collect the fares approved by the Public Transport Council, on behalf of the Government
- Provide bus service information at all bus stops and bus interchanges served by the 24 bus services
- Provide customer management services, such as lost and found service, and a hotline for commuter feedback and enquiries.
All bus services will have scheduled headways of no more than 15 minutes for both directions during the morning and evening peak periods, with at least half of them having even shorter scheduled headways of no more than 10 minutes. Of these, the feeder services will run at even shorter intervals of 6-8 minutes. An estimated 45% of bus services will come at shorter intervals during peak periods when compared to the expanded BSEP.
More guidelines can be found in the main Bus Contracting Model (GCM) article.
Bus Interchanges & Terminals under the package:
Bus Depot under the package:
Route Package Timeline:
- 2016 (11 Aug): Sembawang–Yishun Bus Package mentioned as one of 11 Negotiated Contract (NC) Packages operated by SMRT Buses.
- 2018 (13 Aug): Renumbering of Express Services 854E & 963E to 854e and 963e respectively.
External Links & References:
Back to Bus Contracting Model