City Direct Service 663 is an AM/PM Peak City Direct Service between Yishun and the CBD, passing through Yishun Ring Rd, Yishun Central and Bras Basah Rd. It is the thirteenth City Direct route introduced under the Bus Service Enhancement Programme (BSEP). Launched on 28 September 2015, the route took over deleted sectors of SMRT Express Service 850E.
||[AM]: Yishun Ave 6 (Bet Blks 405/406) → Shenton Way (Opp MAS Bldg)
[PM]: Anson Rd (Mapletree Anson) → Yishun Ave 6 (Opp Blk 406)
|Passes Through||Yishun Ring Rd, Yishun Ctrl, Bras Basah Rd|
|Traveling Time||71 mins|
|BCM Route Package||City Direct Bus Services|
|Current Operator||Tower Transit Singapore Pte Ltd
|Current Depot||Bulim Bus Depot|
|Current Fleet||12-metre Double-Decker Buses
– Alexander Dennis Enviro500
– Volvo B9TL
|Departure Times from Yishun Ave 6
||0720 – 0750 (Weekdays except Public Holidays), 3 Trips|
|Departure Times from Anson Rd
||1815 – 1830 (Weekdays except Public Holidays), 2 Trips|
|15 mins||15 mins|
City Direct Service 663 provides residents of Yishun with greater connectivity to the CBD. The service provides a travel alternative for commuters who relied on the rail network and feeder buses to and from work. The route incorporates an express sector between Yishun Ave 2 and Orchard Rd via SLE & CTE.
This is the thirteenth City Direct service to be introduced under the Bus Service Enhancement Programme (BSEP), which provides more options for commuters using stretches of the existing rail lines that experience persistently high ridership, while the ongoing rail enhancement measures are being implemented.
With the launch of this service, SMRT Express Service 850E was amended to start at Yishun St 41, serving Yishun Ave 1 & 11. Lost sectors for Service 850E was replaced with City Direct Service 663.
From Thursday, 28 September 2017, Tower Transit took over Bus Hub Service as the operator of Service 663. Morning departures was reduced to three trips from four.
- AM Peak from Yishun Ave 6: 0720hrs, 0735hrs, 0750hrs
- PM Peak from Anson Rd: 1815hrs, 1830hrs
- 28 Sep 2015 – 27 Sep 2017: Bus Hub Service Pte Ltd.
- 28 Sep 2017 onwards: Tower Transit Singapore Pte Ltd
- 2015 (21 Jul): Tender for City Direct 663 awarded to Bus Hub Service Pte Ltd.
- 2015 (28 Sep): Introduced as a bidirectional AM/PM-Peak hour service from Yishun to the CBD under the BSEP. Operates four trips on weekday mornings at 7:20am, 7:30am, 7:40am and 7:50am, and weekday evenings at 6:15pm and 6:30pm. Charges Distance-based flat fares.
- 2017 (28 Sep): Operations transferred to Tower Transit, Weekday morning trips reduced to three, departing Yishun at 7:20am, 7:35am and 7:50am. Double-decker buses deployed on a regular basis.