Tower Transit City Direct Service 670 is a Weekday Peak Hour City Direct Service between Yishun West and the Central Business District, passing through Yishun Ring Rd. It is the twentieth City Direct route introduced under the Bus Service Enhancement Programme (BSEP).
|Route||[AM]: Yishun Avenue 7 (Opp Blk 288) → Marina Boulevard (Marina Bay Financial Ctr)
[PM]: Central Boulevard (Marina Bay Stn) → Yishun Avenue 7 (Blk 289)
|Passes Through||Yishun Ring Rd, Shenton Way / Anson Rd|
|Route Length||Towards Marina Blvd: 28.3 km||Towards Yishun Ave 7: 28.7 km|
|Travelling Time||71 mins|
|BCM Route Package||Sembawang–Yishun Bus Package|
|Current Operator||Tower Transit Singapore Pte Ltd
(Tower Transit Singapore)
|Current Depot||Mandai Bus Depot|
|Current Fleet||Double Deck Bus
– MAN A95
|Departure Times from Yishun Ave 7||Weekdays, except Public Holidays|
|07:20 – 07:40|
|Departure Times from Central Blvd
||Weekdays, except Public Holidays|
|18:10 – 18:25|
|From Yishun Ave 7
|From Central Blvd
|Fare||Charges express distance fares
City Direct Service 670 provides residents of Yishun West with greater connectivity to the CBD. The service provides a travel alternative for commuters who relied on the rail network and feeder buses to and from work. The route incorporates an express sector between Yishun and the CBD via SLE, CTE, Outram Rd and Cantonment Rd.
This is the twentieth City Direct service to be introduced under the Bus Service Enhancement Programme (BSEP), which provides more options for commuters using stretches of the existing rail lines that experience persistently high ridership, while the ongoing rail enhancement measures are being implemented.
MRT Stations Served
Weekdays (except Public Holidays)
- Morning Peak from Yishun Avenue 7 (Opp Blk 288):
07:20 & 07:40
- Evening Peak from Central Boulevard (Marina Bay Stn):
18:10 & 18:25
Gallery (SMRT Buses)
Gallery (Tong Tar):
- 29 Mar 2016 – 27 Mar 2020: Tong Tar Transport Service Pte Ltd
- 30 Mar 2020 – 03 Sep 2021: SMRT Buses Ltd
- 05 Sep 2021 – Present: Tower Transit Singapore Pte Ltd
The Bus Service Operating License (BSOL) for this route will be renewed in 2026 under the Sembawang–Yishun Bus Package.
- 2016 (29 Mar): Introduced between Yishun Ave 7 (Opp Blk 288) and Marina Blvd (Marina Bay Financial Ctr) during morning peak hours and between Central Blvd (Marina Bay Stn) and Yishun Ave 7 (Blk 289) during evening peak hours as a peak hour one-directional service on weekdays under the BSEP. Operated under Contract PT233A
- 2020 (30 Mar): Operations transferred to SMRT Buses Ltd under the Sembawang–Yishun Bus Package with double deck buses deployed.
- 2020 (08 Apr – 01 Jun): Temporarily suspended due to Singapore COVID-19 Circuit Breaker Measures.
- 2021 (05 Sep): Operations transferred to Tower Transit under the Sembawang–Yishun Bus Package
Changes in Departure Times:
|Effective Date||Morning Peak Timings||Evening Peak Timings|
|29 Mar 2016||07:20, 07:30 & 07:40||18:10 & 18:25|
|30 Mar 2020||07:20 & 07:40||18:10 & 18:25|