City Direct Bus Service 670 is an AM/PM Peak City Direct Service between Yishun West and the Central Business District, passing through Yishun Ring Rd. It is the twentieth City Direct route introduced under the Bus Service Enhancement Programme (BSEP).
City Direct 670 is operated by SMRT Buses from Monday, 30 March 2020 with changes in Morning Peak trip timings.
|Route||[AM]: Yishun Ave 7 (Opp Blk 288) → Marina Blvd (Marina Bay Financial Ctr)
[PM]: Central Blvd (Marina Bay Stn) → Yishun Ave 7 (Blk 289)
|Passes Through||Yishun Ring Rd|
|Route Length||Towards Marina Blvd: TBC||Towards Yishun Ave 7: TBC|
|Travelling Time||60 mins|
|BCM Route Package||City Direct Bus Services|
|Current Operator||SMRT Buses Ltd|
||Ang Mo Kio Bus Depot
|Current Fleet||12-meter Double-Deck Buses
– Alexander Dennis Enviro500
– MAN A95
|Departure Times from Yishun Ave 7
||Weekdays except Public Holidays|
|07:20 – 07:40 (2 Trips)|
|Departure Times from Central Blvd||Weekdays except Public Holidays|
|18:10 – 18:25 (2 Trips)|
|From Yishun Ave 7
|From Central Blvd||15 mins|
|Fare||Charges express distance fares
City Direct Service 670 provides residents of Yishun West with greater connectivity to the CBD. The service provides a travel alternative for commuters who relied on the rail network and feeder buses to and from work. The route incorporates an express sector between Yishun and the CBD via SLE, CTE, Outram Rd and Cantonment Rd.
This is the twentieth City Direct service to be introduced under the Bus Service Enhancement Programme (BSEP), which provides more options for commuters using stretches of the existing rail lines that experience persistently high ridership, while the ongoing rail enhancement measures are being implemented.
- AM Peak from Yishun Ave 7 (Opp Blk 288): 07:20 & 07:40
- PM Peak from Central Blvd (Marina Bay Stn): 18:10 & 18:25
MRT Stations Served
- 2015 (05 Aug): Tender for City Directs 666 to 670 announced; tender closes 31 Aug 2015.
- 2015 (14 Dec): Tender for Bedok Reservoir City Direct, Clementi / Dover City Direct & Yishun West awarded to Tong Tar Transport Service Pte Ltd at $3.41 million.
- 2016 (29 Mar): Launch of City Direct 670.
- 2020 (30 Mar): Operations transferred to SMRT Buses Ltd with double-deck buses deployed. Morning Peak trips reduced to 07:20 & 07:40 instead of 07:20, 07:30 & 07:40.
- 29 Mar 2016 – 27 Mar 2020: Tong Tar Transport Service Pte Ltd
- 30 Mar 2020 onward: SMRT Buses Ltd
External Links & References:
- “More Travel Options with Five New City Direct Services.” Land Transport Authority. February 22, 2016.