The route operated from Woodlands Bus Interchange and ended at Woodlands Centre Road (Woodlands Train Checkpoint), operating only during the weekday evening peak hours, except Public Holidays.
This service was withdrawn on 5 Sep 2021, following the removal of its route information on MyTransport.sg App.
→ W'Lands Train Checkpt
|Route||Woodlands Integrated Transport Hub → Woodlands Centre Road (Woodlands Train Checkpoint)
|Passes Through||Woodlands Ave 3|
|Route Length||3.4 km|
|Travelling Time||20 mins|
|BCM Route Package||Sembawang–Yishun Bus Package|
|Former Operator||SMRT Buses Ltd|
|Former Depot||Ang Mo Kio Bus Depot (AMDEP)
Buses park at: Seletar Bus Depot (SEDEP)
|Former Fleet||12-metre Double Deck Bus:
– Alexander Dennis Enviro500
– MAN A95
|Departure Times from Woodlands
||Mondays – Thursdays
|18:00 – 20:53||17:45 – 20:53|
|Fare||Charges regular distance fares
Short Trip Service 856A was a trunk service operating from Woodlands Bus Interchange and ended at Woodlands Centre Road (Woodlands Train Checkpoint) on Weekdays, except Public Holidays.
As a Short-Trip Service, the route operates during Weekday Evening Peak hours (except Public Holidays) and supplements the high demand for Service 856 from Woodlands and Marsiling to Woodlands Checkpoint.
MRT Stations Served
- From Woodlands Interchange:
(Weekdays, except Public Holidays)
Monday – Thursdays: 18:00 18:35 19:37 20:19 20:53
Fridays: 17:45 – 20:53
- 2017 – 04 Sep 2021: SMRT Buses Ltd
- 2017 (08 Sep): Introduced from Woodlands Temp Int to Woodlands Centre Rd (Woodlands Train Checkpt) on Friday evenings
- 2017 (17 Sep): Designated wheelchair-accessible bus route (WAB)
- 2018 (19 Oct): Revision of Short-Trip Service 856A operating hours to 1740hrs – 1900hrs
- 2019 (21 Jan): Enhanced to operate during evening peak hours from Mondays to Thursdays
- 2021 (13 Jun): Amended to Woodlands Integrated Transport Hub
- 2021 (05 Sep): Route withdrawn