The route operates from Woodlands Bus Interchange and ends at Woodlands Centre Road (Woodlands Train Checkpoint), operating only during the weekday evening peak hours, except Public Holidays.
Service 856A serves Woodlands Integrated Transport Hub from 13 Jun 2021.
→ W'Lands Train Checkpt
|Route||Woodlands Integrated Transport Hub → Woodlands Centre Road (Woodlands Train Checkpoint)
|Passes Through||Woodlands Ave 3|
|Route Length||3.4 km|
|Travelling Time||20 mins|
|BCM Route Package||Sembawang–Yishun Bus Package|
|Current Operator||SMRT Buses Ltd|
|Current Depot||Ang Mo Kio Bus Depot (AMDEP)
Buses park at: Seletar Bus Depot (SEDEP)
|Current Fleet||12-metre Double Deck Bus:
– Alexander Dennis Enviro500
– MAN A95
|Departure Times from Woodlands
||Mondays – Thursdays
|18:00 – 20:53||17:45 – 20:53|
|Fare||Charges regular distance fares
Short Trip Service 856A is a trunk service operating from Woodlands Bus Interchange and ends at Woodlands Centre Road (Woodlands Train Checkpoint) on Weekdays, except Public Holidays.
As a Short-Trip Service, the route operates during Weekday Evening Peak hours (except Public Holidays) and supplements the high demand for Service 856 from Woodlands and Marsiling to Woodlands Checkpoint.
MRT Stations Served
- From Woodlands Interchange:
(Weekdays, except Public Holidays)
Monday – Thursdays: 18:00 18:35 19:37 20:19 20:53
Fridays: 17:45 – 20:53
- 2017 – Present: SMRT Buses Ltd
- (~September 2021) onwards: Tower Transit Singapore Pte Ltd
Operations for this route would be transferred to Tower Transit in 2021 as part of the Sembawang–Yishun Bus Package.
The Bus Service Operating License (BSOL) for this route will be renewed in 2026 under the Sembawang–Yishun Bus Package.
- 2017 (08 Sep): Introduced from Woodlands Temp Int to Woodlands Centre Rd (Woodlands Train Checkpt) on Friday evenings
- 2017 (17 Sep): Designated wheelchair-accessible bus route (WAB)
- 2018 (19 Oct): Revision of Short-Trip Service 856A operating hours to 1740hrs – 1900hrs
- 2019 (21 Jan): Enhanced to operate during evening peak hours from Mondays to Thursdays
- 2021 (13 Jun): Amended to Woodlands Integrated Transport Hub