The route operates from Woodlands Temporary Bus Interchange and ends at Woodlands Centre Road (Woodlands Train Checkpoint), operating only during the weekday evening peak hours.
|Route||Woodlands Temporary Bus Interchange → Woodlands Centre Road (Woodlands Train Checkpoint)
|Passes Through||Marsiling MRT|
|Route Length||3.4 km|
|Journey Time||~20 mins|
|BCM Route Package||Sembawang – Yishun Bus Package|
|Current Operator||SMRT Buses Ltd|
|Current Depot||Ang Mo Kio Bus Depot|
|Current Fleet||12-metre Double Deck Bus:
– Alexander Dennis Enviro500
– MAN A95
18-metre Articulated Bus:
– Mercedes-Benz O405G
||Weekdays, except Public Holidays
From Woodlands Temporary Interchange:
1800hrs – 2050hrs (Monday-Thursday),
1745hrs – 2050hrs (Friday)
Short Trip Service 856A is a trunk service operating from Woodlands Temporary Bus Interchange and ends at Woodlands Centre Road (Woodlands Train Checkpoint) on Weekdays, except Public Holidays.
As a Short-Trip Service, the route operates during Weekday PM Peak hours and supplements the high demand for Service 856 from Woodlands and Marsiling to Woodlands Checkpoint.
- From Woodlands Interchange:
Weekdays, except Public Holidays: 1800hrs – 2050hrs (Monday-Thursday), 1745hrs – 2050hrs (Friday)
Fare: Charges regular distance fares for trunk services. See Bus Fares.
MRT Station Served
- 2017 – Present: SMRT Buses Ltd
- 2017 (08 Sep): Short-Trip Service 856A introduced from Woodlands Int to Woodlands Ctr Rd (Woodlands Train Checkpoint), operating on Fridays (1750hrs – 1930hrs) only
- 2017 (17 Sep): Designated wheelchair-accessible bus route (WAB)
- 2018 (19 Oct): Revision of Short-Trip Service 856A operating hours to 1740hrs – 1900hrs
- 2019 (21 Jan): Enhanced to operate from Mondays to Fridays, with an increased number of trips on Fridays