Tower Transit Express Service 854e is a weekday morning peak express route from Yishun to Bedok, passing through Yio Chu Kang Road, Hougang Ave 2/3 and Eunos Link. Its parent route is Service 854.
Tower Transit operates this bus service from 5 Sep 2021, under the Sembawang-Yishun Bus Package. Trip timings are adjusted from 6 Sep 2021.
→ Bedok Int
|Route||Yishun Bus Interchange → Bedok Bus Interchange|
|Passes Through||Yio Chu Kang Road, Hougang Ave 2/3, Eunos Link|
|Route Length||21.8 km|
|Travelling Time||63 mins|
|BCM Route Package||Sembawang–Yishun Bus Package|
|Current Operator||Tower Transit Singapore Pte Ltd
(Tower Transit Singapore)
|Current Depot||Mandai Bus Depot|
|Current Fleet||12-metre Double Deck Bus
– Alexander Dennis Enviro500
– MAN A95
|Departure Times from Yishun
||Weekdays, except Public Holidays|
|06:35 – 07:15|
|Fare||Charges express distance fares
Introduced on 9 April 2007, Service 854e provides passengers in Yishun and Hougang with a faster link to industries at Ubi/Eunos and Bedok Interchange. Operating during the weekday morning peak hours, this service charges express fares.
The service only calls at selected bus stops along the route of its parent Service 854 and will travel alternative routes along two sections:
- Seletar Expressway from Lentor Ave to Yio Chu Kang Rd
- Pan-Island Expressway (PIE) from Eunos Link to Bedok North Rd, instead of Sims Ave / New Upp Changi Rd.
Service 854e is one of three peak-hour limited-stop services introduced by SMRT between 2006 and 2007, which duplicate their parent service and improve travel times by only calling at bus stops with higher commuter traffic. The other two express services are 188e and 963e.
MRT Stations Served
Weekdays, except Public Holidays
- From Yishun Int:
06:35, 06:55 & 07:15
- Service 854: Yishun Int ↔ Bedok Int
Gallery (Tower Transit):
Gallery (SMRT Buses):
Gallery (Route Posters):
- 09 Apr 2007 – 04 Sep 2021: SMRT Buses Ltd
- 05 Sep 2021 – Present: Tower Transit Singapore Pte Ltd
The Bus Service Operating License (BSOL) for this route will be renewed in 2026 under the Sembawang–Yishun Bus Package.
- 2007 (09 Apr): Introduced as a unidirectional peak hour service from Yishun Int to Bedok Int. Departs Yishun Interchange between 6:38am to 7:17am. Charges Express fares under the Distance-Based Fare scheme.
- 2011 (19 Nov): Amended to Bedok Temp Int
- 2014 (30 Nov): Amended to Bedok Integrated Transport Hub (ITH)
- 2015 (14 Mar): Amended to Yishun Temp Int
- 2015 (11 Oct): Designated wheelchair-accessible bus route (WAB)
- 2018 (13 Aug): Renumbered to Express 854e from Express 854E
- 2019 (08 Sep): Amended to Yishun Integrated Transport Hub
- 2020 (15 Apr – 01 Jun): Temporarily suspended due to Singapore COVID-19 Circuit Breaker Measures
- 2021 (05 Sep): Operations transferred to Tower Transit under the Sembawang–Yishun Bus Package
- 2021 (06 Sep): Change in departure timings
Changes in Departure Times:
|Effective Date||Morning Peak Timings|
|07 Apr 2007||06:38, 07:02 & 07:17|
|06 Sep 2021||06:35, 06:55 & 07:15|