SMRT Buses Express Service 854e is an AM-Peak express route between Yishun Bus Interchange and Bedok Bus Interchange, passing through Yio Chu Kang Road, Hougang Ave 2/3 and Eunos Link. Its parent route is Service 854.
Express 854e serves the new Yishun Integrated Transport Hub from 8 September 2019.
||Yishun Bus Interchange → Bedok Bus Interchange|
|Passes Through||Yio Chu Kang Road, Hougang Ave 2/3, Eunos Link|
|Route Length||21.9 km|
|Travelling Time||62 mins|
|BCM Route Package||Sembawang – Yishun Bus Package|
|Current Operator||SMRT Buses Ltd|
|Current Depot||Ang Mo Kio Bus Depot (AMDEP)|
|Current Fleet||12-metre Double Deck Bus:
– Alexander Dennis Enviro500
– MAN A95
|Departure Times from Yishun
||0638hrs – 0717hrs (Weekdays, except Public Holidays)|
|15 – 24 mins|
Introduced on 9th April 2007, Service 854e provides passengers in Yishun and Hougang with a faster link to industries at Ubi/Eunos and Bedok Interchange. Operating during the weekday morning peak hours, this service charges express fares.
The service only calls at selected bus stops along the route of its parent Service 854 and will travel alternative routes along two sections:
- Seletar Expressway from Lentor Ave to Yio Chu Kang Rd
- Pan-Island Expressway (PIE) from Eunos Link to Bedok North Rd, instead of Sims Ave / New Upp Changi Rd.
Service 854e is one of three peak-hour limited-stop services introduced by SMRT between 2006 and 2007, which duplicate their parent service and improve travel times by only calling at bus stops with higher commuter traffic. The other two express services are 188e and 963e.
- Weekdays Morning Peak from Yishun Int, except Public Holidays: 0638hrs, 0702hrs, 0717hrs
MRT Stations Served
- SMRT Bus Service 854
Yishun Bus Interchange ↔ Bedok Bus Interchange
Fare: Charges express distance fares. See Bus Fares.
- 2007 – Present: SMRT Buses Ltd
The Bus Service Operating License (BSOL) for this route will be renewed in 2020 under the Sembawang – Yishun Bus Package.
- 2007 (9 Apr): Introduced as a unidirectional peak hour service from Yishun Int to Bedok Int. Departs Yishun Interchange between 6:38am to 7:17am. Charges Express fares under the Distance-Based Fare scheme.
- 2011 (19 Nov): Amended to Bedok Temp Int
- 2014 (30 Nov): Amended to Bedok Integrated Transport Hub (ITH)
- 2015 (14 Mar): Amended to Yishun Temp Int
- 2015 (11 Oct): Designated wheelchair-accessible bus route (WAB)
- 2018 (13 Aug): Renumbered to Express 854e from Express 854E
- 2019 (08 Sep): Amended to Yishun Integrated Transport Hub
- Refer to this article
- 2019: Amended to present routing. No significant route changes since 2019.