SMRT Buses Express Service 854e is an AM-Peak express route between Yishun Temporary Bus Interchange and Bedok Bus Interchange, passing through Yio Chu Kang Road, Hougang Ave 2/3 and Eunos Link. Its parent route is Service 854.
Express 854E will be changed to Express 854e from 13 Aug 2018.
||Yishun Temporary Bus Interchange → Bedok Bus Interchange|
|Passes Through||Yio Chu Kang Road, Hougang Ave 2/3, Eunos Link|
|Route Length||22.3 km|
|Travelling Time||62 mins|
|BCM Route Package||Sembawang – Yishun Bus Package|
|Current Operator||SMRT Buses Ltd|
|Current Depot||Ang Mo Kio Bus Depot (AMDEP)|
|Current Fleet||Uses Buses from Service 854
18-metre Articulated Bus:
– Mercedes-Benz O405G
12-metre Double Deck Bus:
– Alexander Dennis Enviro500
– MAN A95
– Volvo B9TL
12-metre Single Deck Bus:
– MAN A22
– Mercedes-Benz OC500LE
– Mercedes-Benz O530 Citaro
|Departure Times from Yishun
||0638hrs – 0717hrs (Weekdays, except Public Holidays)|
|15 – 24 mins|
Introduced on 9th April 2007, Service 854e provides passengers in Yishun and Hougang with a faster link to industries at Ubi/Eunos and Bedok Interchange. Operating during the weekday morning peak hours, this service charges express fares.
The service only calls at selected bus stops along the route of its parent Service 854 and will travel alternative routes along two sections:
- Seletar Expressway from Lentor Ave to Yio Chu Kang Rd
- Pan-Island Expressway (PIE) from Eunos Link to Bedok North Rd, instead of Sims Ave / New Upp Changi Rd.
Service 854e is one of three peak-hour limited-stop services introduced by SMRT between 2006 and 2007, which duplicate their parent service and improve travel times by only calling at bus stops with higher commuter traffic. The other two express services are 188e and 963e.
- Weekdays AM Peak from Yishun Temp Int: 0638hrs, 0702hrs, 0717hrs
MRT Stations Served
- SMRT Trunk Bus Service 854
Yishun Temp Interchange ↔ Bedok Interchange
- 2007 – Present: SMRT Buses Ltd
The Bus Service Operating License (BSOL) for this route will be renewed in 2020 under the Sembawang – Yishun Bus Package.
- 2007 (9 Apr): Introduced as a unidirectional peak hour service from Yishun Int to Bedok Int. Departs Yishun Interchange between 6:38am to 7:17am. Charges Express fares under the Distance-Based Fare scheme.
- 2011 (19 Nov): Amended to Bedok Temp Int
- 2014 (30 Nov): Amended to Bedok Integrated Transport Hub (ITH)
- 2015 (14 Mar): Amended to Yishun Temp Int
- 2015 (11 Oct): Designated wheelchair-accessible bus route (WAB)
- 2018 (13 Aug): Renumbered to Express 854e from Express 854E
- Refer to this article
- 2007: Amended to present routing. No significant route changes since 2007.
External Links & References: