SMRT Bus Service 854 is a trunk route linking Yishun Interchange and Bedok Interchange, passing through Lentor, Yio Chu Kang Road, Hougang Avenue 3 and Eunos. It also operates an express variant, Express 854e.
||Yishun Temporary Bus Interchange ↔ Bedok Bus Interchange|
|Passes Through||Lentor, Yio Chu Kang Road, Hougang Ave 3, Eunos|
|Route Length||17.9 km (D1) | 18.1 km (D2)|
|Travelling Time||70 mins|
|BCM Route Package||Sembawang – Yishun Bus Package|
|Current Operator||SMRT Buses Ltd
|Current Depot||Ang Mo Kio Bus Depot (AMDEP)|
|Current Fleet||18-metre Articulated Bus:
– Mercedes-Benz O405G
12-metre Double Deck Bus:
– Alexander Dennis Enviro500
– MAN A95
– Volvo B9TL
12-metre Single Deck Bus:
– MAN A22
– Mercedes-Benz OC500LE
– Mercedes-Benz O530 Citaro
|Departure Times from Yishun
||0535hrs – 2340hrs (Daily)|
|Departure Times from Bedok
||0535hrs – 2340hrs (Weekdays)
0540hrs – 2340hrs (Saturdays, Sundays & Public Holidays)
|Frequency||Direction 1||Direction 2|
|0630-0830: 05 – 07 mins
0831-1659: 05 – 11 mins
1700-1900: 07 mins
After 1900: 07 – 12 mins
|0630-0830: 04 – 08 mins
0831-1659: 05 – 11 mins
1700-1900: 06 – 07 mins
After 1900: 07 – 13 mins
Service 854 is an inter-town route linking Yishun, Yio Chu Kang Road, Hougang, Eunos and Bedok. The route is frequented as a popular connection between various housing estates, as well as serving Ang Mo Kio Industrial Estate & Industrial Park 3 along Yio Chu Kang Road and more industries around Ubi and Eunos. The route encounters moderate to high demand throughout the day, with especially high demand during the peak hours due to increased inter-town commute and workers from the industrial estate. High capacity buses are deployed on a daily basis.
The route shares a large proportion of its route with Service 25, its main competitor for the high demand sectors between Hougang Ave 2 and Bedok. It is also the only SMRT service to call at Bedok Interchange. Additionally, Service 854 also compliments Service 857 between Yishun and Yio Chu Kang Road.
Introduced in 1988 by Trans-Island, the route has not undergone any amendments since.
MRT Stations Served
- Yio Chu Kang Road (Opp UE Bizhub Ctrl) → Bedok Int
Weekdays & Sat: 0530hrs – 0550hrs
- SMRT Express Service 854e: Yishun Temp Bus Interchange → Bedok Bus Interchange
Weekdays AM Peak
- 1987 – 2004: Trans-Island Bus Services Ltd
- 2004 – Present: SMRT Buses Ltd
The Bus Service Operating License (BSOL) for this route will be renewed in 2020 under the Sembawang – Yishun Bus Package.
- 1987 (18 Jan): Introduced between Yishun Ctrl and Bedok Int. Amended to Yishun Int on 23 Aug that same year.
- 2011 (19 Nov): Amended to Bedok Temp Int
- 2013: Service improvement under the Bus Service Enhancement Programme (BSEP).
- 2014 (30 Nov): Amended to air-conditioned Bedok Integrated Transport Hub (ITH)
- 2015 (14 Mar): Amended to Yishun Temp Int
- 2015 (16 Aug): Start of double-decker bus deployments
- 2015 (11 Oct): Designated wheelchair-accessible bus route (WAB)
- Refer to this article
- 1987: No significant route changes since 1987.