Tower Transit Bus Service 883 is a trunk service plying between Sembawang and Yishun Central 2, passing through Canberra Link, Canberra Street, Canberra Way and Yishun Avenue 2. It is the sixty-seventh (67th) Bus Service launched under the Bus Service Enhancement Programme (BSEP).
Service 883 serves a new bus stop (Blk 126 CP) along Canberra Street from 28 Nov 2021 in both directions (towards Yishun Ctrl 2 & Sembawang). The first bus timing from Sembawang Int on Weekdays (except Public Holidays) was also brought forward from 05:30 to 05:15.
↺ Yishun Ctrl 2 (Loop)
- Service 883 towards both Yishun Central 2 and Sembawang duplicates at Bus Stop 58621 – Blk 126 CP, Canberra Street.
Check the bus destination before boarding.
|Route||Sembawang Bus Interchange ↺ Yishun Central 2 (Loop)|
|Passes Through||Canberra St, Canberra Way, Yishun Ave 2|
|Travelling Time||48 – 55 mins|
|BCM Route Package||Sembawang–Yishun Bus Package|
|Current Operator||Tower Transit Singapore Pte Ltd
(Tower Transit Singapore)
|Current Depot||Mandai Bus Depot|
|Current Fleet||12-metre Double Deck Bus:
– Alexander Dennis Enviro500
– MAN A95
|Departure Times from Sembawang
||Weekdays||Saturdays||Sundays / Public Holidays
|05:15 – 00:30||05:30 – 00:30||05:45 – 00:30|
||5 – 9 mins||9 – 13 mins||7 – 13 mins||8 – 15 mins|
|Fare||Charges regular distance fares
Bus Service 883 is a short trunk service from Sembawang to Yishun Central 2, mainly serving residents in the new Canberra Estate with direct links to both Sembawang and Yishun MRT Stations, while Canberra MRT Station was then under construction.
The route heavily duplicates Bus Service 117 from Sembawang Bus Interchange all the way to Yishun Avenue 2, with the exception of the Canberra Estate and Yishun Central 2 looping sector.
On Sunday 2 October 2016, a promotional event for Bus Service 883 was held at Sembawang Bus Interchange.
In Canberra, Service 883 serves the following new and upcoming Build-To-Order flat estates:
- EastCreek @ Canberra
- EastBrook @ Canberra
- EastLawn @ Canberra
- EastBank @ Canberra
- EastDelta @ Canberra
- EastWave @ Canberra
- EastCrown @ Canberra
- EastLink I @ Canberra
- EastLink II @ Canberra
Bus Service 883 also serves the following amenities along its route:
- Ahmad Ibrahim Primary School
- Yishun Primary School
- Shopping Centres:
- Sun Plaza
- Northpoint Shopping Centre
- Montreal Green Park
- Yishun Neighbourhood Park
- Yishun Town Garden
- Yishun Community Hospital
- Khoo Teck Puat Hospital
- Yishun Swimming Complex
MRT Stations Served
- Canberra Way (Blk 120A) → Sembawang Int
Weekdays: 05:30, 05:40, 06:25, 06:51, 06:58, 07:09 & 07:19
Saturdays: 05:30, 05:42 & 05:54
Sundays / Public Holidays: 05:30, 05:43, 05:56 & 06:09
Short Trip Service
- Service 883B: Yishun Ave 2 (Yishun Stn) → Sembawang Rd (Opp Blk 590C)
Weekdays (except Public Holidays): 18:42 – 21:51
- Service 883M: Sembawang Int ↺ Yishun Avenue 5
Sundays & Public Holidays only: 07:00 – 13:00
Gallery (Tower Transit):
Gallery (SMRT Buses) at Page 2.
- 23 Oct 2016 – 02 Oct 2021: SMRT Buses Ltd
- 03 Oct 2021 – Present: Tower Transit Singapore Pte Ltd
The Bus Service Operating License (BSOL) for this route will be renewed in 2026 under the Sembawang–Yishun Bus Package.
- 2016 (23 Oct): Introduced between Sembawang Int and Yishun Central 2 (Loop) under the LTA’s Bus Service Enhancement Programme (BSEP). Wheelchair accessible at launch
- 2019 (02 Nov): Serves a new pair of bus stops outside and opposite Canberra Stn along Canberra Link
- 2021 (03 Oct): Operations transferred to Tower Transit under the Sembawang-Yishun Bus Package
- 2021 (28 Nov): Serves a new bus stop outside Blk 126 CP along Canberra Street in both directions; First bus timing from Sembawang Int brought forward from 05:30 to 05:15 on Weekdays (except Public Holidays)