SMRT Bus Service 825 is a Lentor Estate shuttle services between Yio Chu Kang Int and the private estates around Lentor. The service only operates with minibuses.
||Yio Chu Kang Bus Interchange ↺ Lentor Loop (Loop)|
|Passes Through||Lentor Drive, Lentor Road|
|Route Length||5.7 km|
|Traveling Time||22 mins|
|BCM Route Package||Sembawang – Yishun Bus Package|
|Current Operator||SMRT Buses Ltd
(Using Strides Transportation Pte Ltd Buses)
|Current Depot||Ang Mo Kio Bus Depot (AMDEP)|
|Current Fleet||Mitsubishi Rosa|
|Departure Times from Yio Chu Kang
||0630hrs – 2045hrs (Weekdays)
0630hrs – 1425hrs (Saturdays)
No Operation on Sundays & Public Holidays
|0630hrs – 0830hrs: 08 – 11 mins
0831hrs – 1659hrs: 10 – 20 mins
1700hrs – 1900hrs: 09 – 13 mins
After 1900hrs: 09 – 10 mins
SMRT Bus Service 825 serves landed houses and condominiums within Lentor Estate, connecting residents to and from Yio Chu Kang MRT and Bus Interchange. It operates only on weekdays and Saturday mornings. Outside of Service 825’s operating hours, there are no bus services serving within Lentor Estate and residents have to walk in from Yio Chu Kang Road.
Operated by minibuses from SMRT’s charter division Strides Transportation (formerly Bus-Plus), Service 825 is a unique example of a public bus route operated with minibuses. As such, it charges basic bus fares in line the prevailing fare model set by the Public Transport Council and is subject to similar basic service standards required of public bus services.
Bus Service 825 will serve the upcoming Lentor MRT Station along the Thomson-East Coast Line.
Previously, SMRT operated Premium Bus Service 529 which plied the exact same route as Service 825 but charged Premium fares, operating during Saturday afternoons and evenings. It was discontinued and withdrawn after 31 Dec 2016.
MRT Station Served
- NS15 Yio Chu Kang
- 1988 – 2004: Trans-Island Bus Services Ltd
- 2004 – Present: SMRT Buses Ltd
The Bus Service Operating License (BSOL) for this route will be renewed in 2020 under the Sembawang-Yishun Bus Package.
- 1990s: Introduced between Springleaf Garden and Yio Chu Kang (loop)
- 1995: Amended to start from Yio Chu Kang Ter
- 1996/7: Shortened to Lentor Estate
- 2007 (12 Mar): Extended to ply Lentor Way and Lentor Vale
- 2009 (01 Jun): Premium 529 renumbered from the Lentor Estate service as a service between Yio Chu Kang Ter and Lentor Loop (loop), plying the same route of Service 825 during Saturday afternoons and evenings.
- ??: Fare revision for Premium 529 from $2.20 to $2.70
- 2016 (31 Dec): Last day of operations for Premium 529; service withdrawn after 31 Dec 2016.
- Refer to this article
- 2007: Amended to present routing. No significant route changes since 2007.