Tower Transit Bus Service 825 is a Lentor Estate shuttle service between Yio Chu Kang Interchange/MRT and the private estates around Lentor. This service regularly operated by minibuses. It does not operate on Sundays / Public Holidays.
↺ Lentor Loop (Loop)
|Route||Yio Chu Kang Bus Interchange ↺ Lentor Loop (Loop)|
|Passes Through||Lentor Drive, Lentor Rd|
|Travelling Time||22 mins|
|BCM Route Package||Sembawang–Yishun Bus Package|
|Current Operator||Tower Transit Singapore Pte Ltd
(Tower Transit Singapore)
|Current Depot||Mandai Bus Depot|
– BYD C6
|Occasional single deck bus deployments|
|Departure Times from Yio Chu Kang
||Weekdays (except Public Holidays)
||Saturdays (except Public Holidays)|
|06:30 – 20:45||06:30 – 14:25|
||9 – 10 mins||10 – 20 mins||9 – 15 mins||9 – 11 mins|
|Fare||Charges regular distance fares
Bus Service 825 serves landed houses and condominiums within Lentor Estate, connecting residents to and from Yio Chu Kang MRT/Bus Interchange, as well as Lentor MRT Station. It operates only on weekdays and Saturday mornings. Outside of Service 825’s operating hours, there are no bus services serving within Lentor Estate and residents have to walk in from Yio Chu Kang Road.
Service 825 is a unique example of a public bus route operated with minibuses, which are registered as “Excursion Buses”.
The BYD C6 buses are leased from BYD (Singapore) Pte Ltd, and operated by Tower Transit (formerly SMRT Buses) on this bus service. Occasionally, single deck buses such as MAN A22 are also deployed on this service to replace BYD C6 buses.
Previously, SMRT operated Premium Bus Service 529 which plied the exact same route as Service 825 but charged Premium fares, operating during Saturday afternoons and evenings. It was discontinued and withdrawn after 31 Dec 2016.
MRT Stations Served
Gallery (SMRT Buses)
Poster Gallery / Misc:
- 1988 – 2004: Trans-Island Bus Services Ltd
- 2004 – 02 Oct 2021: SMRT Buses Ltd
- 03 Oct 2021 – Present: Tower Transit Singapore Pte Ltd
The Bus Service Operating License (BSOL) for this route will be renewed in 2026 under the Sembawang–Yishun Bus Package.
- 1988 (17 Aug): Introduced between Yishun Int and Ang Mo Kio Ave 6 as a peak hour one-directional service during weekday and Saturday mornings
- 1990: Amended to start from Yio Chu Kang Ter, shortened to start from Springleaf Rd and enhanced to operate during off peak hours on weekdays and Saturdays, operating between Springleaf Rd and Yio Chu Kang Ter during morning peak hours and between Yio Chu Kang Ter and Springleaf Ave during evening peak hours.
- 1995 (10 Jul): Amended to loop at Springleaf Rd from Yio Chu Kang Ter
- 1997 (15 Dec): Shortened to loop at Lentor Loop from Yio Chu Kang Ter and amended to ply Ang Mo Kio Ave 6 and Lentor Dr before plying Lentor Rd and Lentor Loop, skipping Ang Mo Kio Ave 9
- 1998: Serves new bus stop after Florissa Pk along Lentor Loop
- 2007 (12 Mar): Amended to ply the western loop of Lentor Loop, Lentor Way and Lentor Vale
- 2008 (09 Jun): Serves new bus stop before Bullion Park along Lentor Loop
- 2019 (17 Oct): Wheelchair-Accessible Bus Service with the deployment of BYD C6 Electric Buses
- 2021 (03 Oct): Operations transferred to Tower Transit under the Sembawang-Yishun Bus Package