SMRT Bus Service 858 operates between Woodlands and Changi Airport, passing through Sembawang, Yishun, Punggol and Sengkang. It utilizes the Tampines and Seletar Expressways between Yishun and Changi Airport. At 73.4km long, it is the longest bus route in Singapore.
Service 858 serves Woodlands Integrated Transport Hub from 13 Jun 2021.
↺ Changi Airport (Loop)
|Route||Woodlands Integrated Transport Hub ↺ Changi Airport PTB2 (Loop)|
|Passes Through||Woodlands Ave 9, Sembawang Way, Sembawang Rd, Yishun Ave 2, Lentor Ave, Jln Kayu, TPE|
|Route Length||73.4 km|
|Travelling Time||177 mins|
|BCM Route Package||Sembawang–Yishun Bus Package|
|Current Operator||SMRT Buses Ltd|
|Current Depot||Ang Mo Kio Bus Depot (AMDEP)
Buses park at: Woodlands Bus Park (WLBP)
|Current Fleet||12-metre Single Deck Bus:
– MAN A22
– Mercedes-Benz Citaro
|18-metre Articulated Bus:
– MAN A24
|Departure Times from Woodlands
|05:15 – 23:14|
|After 23:14 – 00:30, buses departing Woodlands Int are renumbered as Service 858A which terminates at Yishun Ave 2 (Opp Yishun Stn).
|Departure Times from Terminal 2
||Weekdays||Saturdays||Sundays / Public Holidays|
|06:25 – 00:32||06:26 – 00:25||06:24 – 00:24|
|Loop Service||5 – 9 mins||5 – 9 mins||5 – 9 mins||6 – 10 mins|
|Fare||Charges regular distance fares
Service 858 is a residential and inter-town route plying between the housing estates of Woodlands, Sembawang, Yishun, and stretching far east to Changi Airport. Much of its route plies express sectors along the Seletar Expressway (SLE), Tampines Expressway (TPE) and Pan-Island Expressway (PIE). At 73.4km long, it is the longest bus route in Singapore (after the shortening of NightRider NR7 in 2014). The ride from Yishun to Changi Airport takes about 38 minutes in smooth traffic.
As the quickest transport link from housing estates of the North to Changi Airport, as well as providing valuable inter-town connections in the North, this service encounters moderate to high demand throughout the day.
Service 858 serves Changi Airport Terminals 3, 1 & 2 in order.
Changi Airport Passenger Terminal Buildings (PTBs) 1, 2 and 3 have their bus stops integrated into their basement levels, which also serves as a cargo loading and unloading bay. Security checks for any unattended or suspicious articles are carried out before a bus enters Terminals 1, 2 and 3. Bus Captains may take a short toilet break at Terminal 2. Because of height restrictions, double-decker buses are unable to enter Changi Airport basement.
Occasionally when Changi Airport basement is closed, buses will be diverted to to T1/T2/T3 Departure Drive where a temporary bus stop will be set up.
Announcements for passengers to inform the Bus Captain if they see any suspicious person or article are played on board public buses at Changi Airport.
MRT Stations Served
- Woodlands Ave 9 (Opp Blk 773) → Woodlands Int via Changi Airport
Weekdays: Between 05:01 – 05:25
Saturdays & Sundays / Public Holidays: Between 05:06 – 05:25
- PTB3 Basement (Changi Airport PTB3) → Woodlands Int
Saturdays: 21:33, 21:50, 22:24, 22:34 & 22:54
Sundays / Public Holidays: 21:31, 21:46 & 22:08
- Yishun Ave 2 (Opp Yishun Sports Hall) → Woodlands Int
Weekdays: Between 05:30 – 06:52
Saturdays: Between 05:30 – 06:58
Sundays / Public Holidays: Between 05:30 – 06:49
Short Trip Services
- Service 858A: Woodlands Int → Yishun Ave 2 (Opp Yishun Stn)
Weekdays: 23:27, 23:35, 23:46, 23:57, 00:08, 00:19 & 00:30
Saturdays: 23:26, 23:38, 23:51, 00:04, 00:17 & 00:30
Sundays / Public Holidays: 23:26, 23:39, 23:52, 00:05, 00:17 & 00:30
- Service 858B: Jalan Kayu (Bef Seletar Camp G) → Jalan Kayu (Aft Seletar Camp G), via Changi Airport
Weekdays: 06:34, 06:48, 07:50 & 08:04
- 1996 – 2004: Trans-Island Bus Services Ltd
- 2004 – Present: SMRT Buses Ltd
- (~September 2021) onwards: Tower Transit Singapore Pte Ltd
Operations for this route would be transferred to Tower Transit in 2021 as part of the Sembawang–Yishun Bus Package.
The Bus Service Operating License (BSOL) for this route will be renewed in 2026 under the Sembawang–Yishun Bus Package.
- 1996 (10 Mar): Introduced between Yishun Int and Woodlands Reg Int under Woodlands MRT Rationalisation
- 1997 (02 Nov): Extended to Changi Airport and amended to ply Yishun Ave 5, skipping Yishun Ave 3
- 2000: Serves new pair of bus stops outside and opposite SATS Flight Kitchen along Airport Blvd
- 2000: Serves new pair of bus stops outside and opposite 3M Bldg along Gambas Ave
- 2001 (22 Jul): Amended to ply Jln Kayu in both directions
- 2002: Serves the bus stop outside Blk 923 along Yishun Ave 2, skipping the bus stop outside Northpoint Shop Ctr
- 2003: Converted to loop service between Woodlands Reg Int and Changi Airport PTB 2
- 2007 (11 Nov): Amended to serve Changi Airport PTB 3
- 2010 (28 Mar): Amended to ply Woodlands Ave 7, Sembawang Way, Canberra Rd and Sembawang Rd and Yishun Central 2.
- 2010 (29 Nov): Designated wheelchair-accessible bus route (WAB)
- 2014 (05 Oct): Serves additional pair of bus stops before and after Punggol Rd along TPE
- 2015 (29 Nov): High capacity articulated buses deployed
- 2016 (12 Mar): Amended to Woodlands Temp Int
- 2021 (13 Jun): Amended to Woodlands Integrated Transport Hub
Back to Bus Services