Tower Transit Bus Service 169 operates between Woodlands and Ang Mo Kio Bus Interchanges, passing through Republic Polytechnic, Woodlands Industrial Park, Yishun MRT and Upper Thomson Road.
|Route||Woodlands Integrated Transport Hub ↔ Ang Mo Kio Bus Interchange
|Passes Through||Woodlands Ave 9, Admiralty Rd West, Sembawang Rd, Yishun Ave 2, Sembawang Rd, Upp Thomson Rd, Ang Mo Kio Ave 3|
|Route Length||Towards Ang Mo Kio: 23.7 km
||Towards Woodlands: 23.2 km
|Travelling Time||80 mins|
|BCM Route Package||Sembawang–Yishun Bus Package|
|Current Operator||Tower Transit Singapore Pte Ltd
(Tower Transit Singapore)
|Current Depot||Mandai Bus Depot|
|Current Fleet||Single Deck Bus:
– MAN A22
|Double Deck Bus:
– Alexander Dennis Enviro500
– MAN A95
|Departure Times from Woodlands
|05:30 – 23:45|
|Departure Times from Ang Mo Kio
|05:30 – 23:45|
||5 – 8 mins||4 – 9 mins||6 – 11 mins||10 – 12 mins|
|From Ang Mo Kio
||6 – 9 mins||6 – 9 mins||6 – 8 mins||8 – 12 mins|
|Fare||Charges regular distance fares
Service 169 is both a residential and an industrial route, serving the housing estates of Woodlands, Yishun and Ang Mo Kio (and the private estates of Upper Thomson) with connections to Woodlands Regional, Yishun and Ang Mo Kio Town Centres. The route also serves Woodlands Industrial Park and various industries along Senoko and Admiralty Road West, providing connections to Woodlands and Yishun.
As an inter-town route, demand is moderate throughout the day. Peak hour demand is very high due to workers commuting to and from the industrial areas. The route operates a relatively large split-shift fleet along with the deployment of Short Trip Services 169A & 169B to cater for high passenger loading. Students of Republic Polytechnic (RP) also rely on the route to and from Woodlands Interchange.
MRT Stations Served
- NS9TE2 Woodlands
- NS12 Canberra
- NS13 Yishun
- TE4 Springleaf
- NS16 Ang Mo Kio
- Yishun Ave 2 (Yishun Stn) → Woodlands Int
Saturdays: 19:20, 19:32 & 20:28
Sundays / Public Holidays: 20:01, 20:25, 20:49, 21:01 & 21:24
Short Trip Services
- Service 169A: Woodlands Int → Yishun Ave 2 (Opp Yishun Stn)
Weekdays: 07:01 & 07:07
- Service 169B: Woodlands Int → Woodlands Ave 8 (Bef W’lands Ind Pk E3)
Weekdays: 07:35 & 07:41
Gallery (Tower Transit):
Gallery (SMRT Buses) at Page 2.
- 1976 – 1983: Singapore Bus Services Ltd
- 1983 – 2004: Trans-Island Bus Services Ltd
- 2004 – 18 Sep 2021: SMRT Buses Ltd
- 19 Sep 2021 – Present: Tower Transit Singapore Pte Ltd
The Bus Service Operating License (BSOL) for this route will be renewed in 2026 under the Sembawang–Yishun Bus Package.
- 1976 (23 Aug): Introduced between Admiralty Rd Ter and Sembawang Rd (Loop)
- 1977 (31 Jan): Extended to Ang Mo Kio Ave 3 Ter
- 1980 (14 Dec): Extended to Woodlands Town Ter
- 1981 (05 Jul): Amended to Ang Mo Kio Central 2 Ter
- 1981 (29 Nov): Amended to Woodlands Int and amended to ply Admiralty Rd, skipping Marsiling Dr
- 1983 (10 Apr): Amended to Ang Mo Kio Int
- 1983 (05 Jun): Operations transferred to TIBS.
- 1996 (04 Feb): Amended to Woodlands Reg Int
- 1996 (10 Mar): Integrated with Service 857 and amended to ply Admiralty Rd West, Admiralty Rd East, Sembawang Rd, Yishun Ave 2 and Yishun Ave 3 under Woodlands MRT Rationalisation, skipping Canberra Rd
- 2000: Serves additional bus stop opposite Blk 324 along Ang Mo Kio Ave 3
- 2002 (24 Mar): Amended to Ang Mo Kio Temp Int
- 2003 (24 Aug): Serves the bus stop outside Blk 923 along Yishun Ave 2, skipping the bus stop outside Northpoint Shop Ctr
- 2007 (28 Apr): Amended to Ang Mo Kio Integrated Transport Hub
- 2015 (11 Oct): Designated wheelchair-accessible bus route (WAB)
- 2016 (12 Mar): Amended to Woodlands Temp Int
- 2018 (27 May): Serves new pair of bus stops outside and opposite The Visionaire along Canberra Link
- 2019 (02 Nov): Serves new pair of bus stops outside and opposite Canberra Stn along Canberra Link
- 2019 (22 Dec): Serves new bus stop before Adana @ Thomson along Upp Thomson Rd
- 2021 (13 Jun): Amended to Woodlands Integrated Transport Hub
- 2021 (19 Sep): Operations transferred to Tower Transit under the Sembawang-Yishun Bus Package
Back to Bus Services
Back to Bus Articles
11 thoughts on “Tower Transit Bus Service 169”
Never seen a 169 Mercedes-Benz OC500LE bus (Tower Transit and SMRT) operating on service 169
Since Tower Transit took over service 169, I have seen a lot of MAN A95s operating on service 169
(During the weekends)
Weekdays I mostly see MAN A22s and Alexander Dennis Enviro500s
Bus 169 should start from AMK to Woodlands and be part of Seletar bus package. Bus 169A should start from AMK to somewhere and be operated by SMRT (Negotiated contract) or SBS Transit
Really need to compliment SMB5899B. It’s seats r smooth
Only 3 duties park at Ang Mo Kio depot which is the 1st,2nd and 3rd bus that starts from AMK Int
Bus 169 should be operated by SBS Transit as:
-Both interchanges bus 169 serves have SBS Transit services serving it as well.
– The number is SBS-friendly.
Like that 61,67,75,167,167e,171,172,176,178,180,184,187,188/e/R,190,300,301,302 & 307 all give SBST follow your logic ah?Then Yishun svc give back to SMRT ah?
You think about it lah? 169 have been operating by TIBS since Year 1983. And plus, 169 have been at good state with TIBS/SMRT for 3.5 decades and yet saying go SBS Transit? Next year already going Tower Transit liao.
Don’t be too sensitive with range of SMRT services as 8xx and 9xx. If not you tell me why LTA hired SMRT to operate 110 since 2017?
SBST die hard bus fans,Same case like LTA scholars die2 want 974 for SBST