Tower Transit Bus Service 857 is a trunk route from Yishun Bus Interchange and looping at Temasek Avenue, passing through Yio Chu Kang Road, CTE, Geylang Bahru, Little India and Bras Basah.
↺ Temasek Ave (Loop)
|Route||Yishun Bus Interchange ↺ Temasek Avenue (Loop)|
|Passes Through||Yishun Ave 2, Lentor Ave, Yio Chu Kang Rd, Bendeemer Rd / Serangoon Rd, Jln Besar, Raffles Ave, Selegie Rd|
|Route Length||42.8 km|
|Travelling Time||120 mins|
|BCM Route Package||Sembawang–Yishun Bus Package|
|Current Operator||Tower Transit Singapore Pte Ltd
(Tower Transit Singapore)
|Current Depot||Mandai Bus Depot|
|Current Fleet||Single Deck Bus
– MAN A22
– Mercedes-Benz OC500LE
– Alexander Dennis Enviro500 (3-Door)
– Alexander Dennis Enviro500
– MAN A95
|Departure Times from Yishun
||Weekdays & Saturdays||Sundays / Public Holidays|
|05:30 – 22:40||05:45 – 22:40|
|After 22:40 – 23:30, buses departing Yishun Int are renumbered as Service 857B which terminates at Temasek Ave (Promenade Stn).
|Departure Times from Temasek Ave (Promenade Stn)
||Weekdays||Saturdays||Sundays / Public Holidays|
|06:22 – 00:18||06:22 – 00:19||06:36 – 00:19|
|Loop Service||6 – 7 mins||5 – 11 mins||6 – 10 mins||7 – 10 mins|
|Fare||Charges regular distance fares
Service 857 connects the residential estates of Yishun, Khatib, and private estates around Yio Chu Kang Road, with a fast connection to the City areas of Little India, Bras Basah, Suntec City and Marina Centre. The route incorporates an express sector on the Central Expressway (CTE) between Yio Chu Kang Road and Jalan Toa Payoh in both directions, making it a popular connection between the North and the City.
Demand for the route is moderate during off-peak hours but very high during peak hours, as residents commute to and from the City and various industries along Yio Chu Kang Road. High capacity double-deck buses were deployed from 26 April 2015.
MRT Stations Served
- NS13 Yishun
- NS14 Khatib
- NE9 Boon Keng
- NE8 Farrer Park
- DT22 Jalan Besar
- DT21 Bencoolen
- CC2 Bras Basah
- EW13NS25 City Hall
- CC3 Esplanade
- CC4DT15 Promenade
- Serangoon Rd (Tekka Ctr) → Yishun Int
Weekdays: 06:20, 06:28, 19:03, 19:17, 19:27 & 19:43
Saturdays: 06:15, 06:23 & 06:30
Sundays / Public Holidays: 06:15, 06:22, 06:29, 06:36 & 06:43
- Yio Chu Kang Rd (Aft Sunrise Gdns) → Yishun Int
Weekdays: 17:50, 17:58, 18:08, 18:37 & 19:03
Short Trip Services
- Service 857A: Yishun Int → Yio Chu Kang Rd (Opp Sunrise Gdns)
Weekdays, except Public Holidays: 07:12 & 07:19
- Service 857B: Yishun Int → Temasek Ave (Promenade Stn)
Weekdays: 06:30 – 09:04 & 22:50 – 23:30
Saturdays: 22:50 – 23:30
Sundays / Public Holidays: 22:53 – 23:30
Gallery (Tower Transit):
Gallery (SMRT Buses) at Page 2.
- 2001 – 2004: Trans-Island Bus Services Ltd
- 2004 – 04 Sep 2021: SMRT Buses Ltd
- 05 Sep 2021 – Present: Tower Transit Singapore Pte Ltd
The Bus Service Operating License (BSOL) for this route will be renewed in 2026 under the Sembawang–Yishun Bus Package.
- 2001 (14 Jan): Introduced between Yishun Int and Temasek Ave (Loop)
- 2003: Skips a pair of bus stops near LP 94 and opposite LP 91 along Lentor Ave
- 2011 (16 Oct): Amended to ply Middle Rd, Selegie Rd, Prinsep St and Bras Basah Rd with the partial closure of Bencoolen St to facilitate the construction of Bencoolen MRT station on the Downtown MRT Line
- 2012 (29 Apr): Designated wheelchair-accessible bus route (WAB)
- 2015 (14 Mar): Amended to Yishun Temp Int via Yishun Central 1
- 2016 (11 Dec): Amended to ply the reinstated Bencoolen St, skipping Middle Rd, Selegie Rd, Prinsep St and Bras Basah Rd
- 2019 (08 Sep): Amended to Yishun Integrated Transport Hub, skipping Yishun Central 1
- 2020 (12 Jan): Skips a pair of abolished bus stops under and after Lentor Flyover along Lentor Ave
- 2021 (05 Sep): Operations transferred to Tower Transit under the Sembawang-Yishun Bus Package
Back to Bus Services
Back to Bus Articles
8 thoughts on “Tower Transit Bus Service 857”
Every time when service 857 passes by my house, I always see a MAN A95
Like a double deck
Why 857bus today services NA?
Sometimes they does N/A due to Formula 1 diversions. I have also occurred the same when SMRT 171 shows N/A during Formula 1 diversions back pre-COVID19 days
Last bus timings needs to be extended !! SBS buses are running after 11.45 or even beyond 12.15 bus SMRT bus that too long routes terminates the service very early, can you pls extend the service up to 12.15 or so like SBS services ?? Unfortunately no SBS services runs for 857 route
Driver this morning drove like a snail on the road at 755am SMU. When confronted, he claimed he had to follow the timing. When I said I was late n wanted him to drive at normal speed, he said I should hv taken the early ride n continued his snail speed n stop m waited at each bustop
boarded 857 at Bras Basah to look home to Upper Serangoon/St. George’s Road last night after 7pm (probably 7:15pm).
why was 857 instructed to be driven at such a slow pace when the bus is filled with commuters from Little India? when bus is filled up, why is bus told “to be at crawling speed” (sorry, i have no other expression however it is ludicrous decision).
and this was a single-deck … i can understand if 857 happened to be double-deck, in fact for weekends and public holidays, double-deck buses seem to be needed especially when foreign workers are returning home (single-decks simply is insufficient for the mass numbers at Little India).
They already have near-full fleet of DD on Sundays & Public Holidays. In fact majority DD are usually operating 857
1905 15042023 a bus service 857 ( double layer ) not stop ( pass through) bus stop 02049. Driver Chinese. Because bus move too fast & some vehicles block the plate I can’t get the vehicle numbers…