SBS Transit Bus Service 18 is a residential route between Tampines Concourse and Bedok, serving Tampines Streets 34 / 33 / 32, Bedok Reservoir and Bedok North Road. It loops within Bedok Bus Interchange.
Service 14 serves a new pair of bus stops along Bedok North St 1 from 12 Dec 2021.
↺ Bedok Int (Loop)
|Route||Tampines Concourse Bus Interchange ↺ Bedok Bus Interchange (Loop)|
|Passes Through||Tampines Ave 7, Tampines Street 34/33/32, Tampines Ave 2, Bedok North Ave 3, Bedok North Avenue 2|
|Route Length||18.8 km|
|Travelling Time||71 – 113 mins|
|BCM Route Package||Tampines Bus Package|
|Current Operator||SBS Transit Ltd|
|Current Depot||Bedok North Bus Depot (BNDEP)|
|Current Fleet||12-metre Single Deck Bus
– Mercedes-Benz Citaro
– Scania K230UB
|Departure Times from Tampines Concourse||Weekdays & Saturdays||Sundays / Public Holidays|
|05:05 – 00:00||05:35 – 00:00|
|Departure Times from Bedok||Weekdays||Saturdays||Sundays / Public Holidays|
|05:25 – 00:34||05:25 – 00:33||05:55 – 00:33|
|Loop Service||6:30am–8.30am||8.31am–4.59pm||5.00pm–7.00pm||After 7.00pm|
|Weekdays||13 – 15 mins||15 – 17 mins||15 – 17 mins||15 – 25 mins|
|Saturdays||13 – 15 mins||14 – 15 mins||15 mins||15 – 25 mins|
|Sundays / Public Holidays||14 mins||15 – 18 mins||16 mins||14 – 24 mins|
|Fare||Charges regular distance fares
Originally introduced as Bedok – Tampines Ave 2 (Loop) in 1982 before being extended to Tampines Interchange in 1987 and Tampines Concourse Interchange in 2016, Service 18 is a supplementary residential route connecting Tampines and Bedok. It was amended to Bedok North Street 2 with the opening of Bedok Temporary Interchange to increase bus connectivity for residents in the area.
This route has limited demand due to duplication with many other services along the Bedok-Tampines West stretch, e.g. 28, 67, 168. However, it serves as a direct route for residents in Tampines East such as Tampines Street 33 and Tampines Ave 2 to Bedok without bus transfers. The route formerly operated with high-capacity articulated buses before they were sold off in 2003.
Service 18 was amended to serve Tampines Streets 32, 33, 34 as part of the Downtown Line 3 – Bus Service Enhancements from 21 Oct 2017. The route amendment provides a direction connection for Tampines Street 32, 33 & 34 residents to Tampines East MRT Station as well as provide alternative travel options to Tampines & Bedok apart from Service 291 and Service 28.
MRT Stations Served
- Bedok Int → Tampines Concourse Int
Weekdays: 05:25 & 18:04
Sundays & Public Holidays: 05:55
- 02 May 1982 – 31 Oct 2001: Singapore Bus Services Ltd
- 01 Nov 2001 – Present: SBS Transit Ltd
The Bus Service Operating License (BSOL) for this route will be renewed in 2024 under the Tampines Bus Package.
- 1982 (02 May): Introduced as Bedok – Tampines Ave 2 (Loop)
- 1985 (03 Nov): Amended to loop at Tampines St 22
- 1987 (29 Nov): Extended to Tampines Int and made to loop at Bedok. Deleted sectors (Tampines Street 22) covered by Service 292
- 1999: Serves new pair of bus stops outside and opposite The Clearwater Condo along Bedok Reservoir Rd
- 2001: Serves new pair of bus stops opposite Blk 761 and opposite Baywater along Bedok North Ave 3
- 2006: Skips a pair of abolished bus stops outside and opposite Bedok Green Sec Sch along Bedok North Ave 3
- 2011 (07 Mar): Designated Wheelchair Accessible Bus Service (WAB)
- 2011 (19 Nov): Amended to loop at Bedok Temp Int and amended to ply Bedok North Rd and Bedok North Ave 2
- 2012 (11 Mar): Serves new bus stop outside Blk 204 along Bedok North Int
- 2014 (30 Nov): Amended to Bedok Integrated Transport Hub, skips bus stop outside Blk 204 along Bedok North Interchange
- 2016 (18 Nov): Extended to Tampines Concourse Bus Interchange
- 2017 (21 Oct): Amended to Tampines Street 34 / 33 / 32 with the opening of Downtown Line 3. Operating hours revised.
- 2021 (12 Dec): Serves a pair of new bus stops before and after Heartbeat @ Bedok along Bedok Nth St 1