SBS Transit Bus Service 18 is a trunk service between Tampines North and Bedok North Depot, serving Tampines East, Bedok Reservoir and Bedok North Avenue 4.
Service 18 was amended to serve between Tampines North Bus Interchange and Bedok North Bus Depot from 27 Nov 2022.
- No boarding & alighting at Bedok North Depot
|Route||Tampines North Bus Interchange ↔ Bedok North Bus Depot|
|Passes Through||Tampines North Dr 1, Tampines Ave 9, Tampines Street 33, Tampines Ave 2, Bedok North Ave 3, Bedok North Ave 4|
|Route Length||Towards Bedok Nth Depot: 12.2 km||Towards Tampines North: 12.7 km|
|Travelling Time||55 mins|
|BCM Route Package||Tampines Bus Package|
|Current Operator||SBS Transit Ltd|
|Current Depot||Bedok North Bus Depot (BNDEP)|
|Current Fleet||Single Deck Bus
– Mercedes-Benz Citaro
– Scania K230UB
|Departure Times from Tampines North
||Weekdays & Saturdays||Sundays / Public Holidays|
|05:30 – 23:45||05:40 – 23:45|
|Departure Times from Bedok North Depot
||Weekdays & Saturdays||Sundays / Public Holidays|
|05:25 – 00:35||05:55 – 00:35|
|From Tampines North
|Weekdays||14 – 15 mins||14 – 15 mins||14 – 17 mins||15 – 25 mins|
|Saturdays||13 – 15 mins||14 – 15 mins||15 mins||13 – 25 mins|
|Sundays / Public Holidays||14 – 15 mins||15 – 16 mins||16 mins||16 – 23 mins|
|From Bedok North Depot
|Weekdays||13 – 14 mins||14 – 15 mins||11 – 15 mins||14 – 23 mins|
|Saturdays||13 – 15 mins||14 – 15 mins||13 – 15 mins||14 – 23 mins|
|Sundays / Public Holidays||12 – 16 mins||16 mins||14 – 16 mins||16 – 22 mins|
|Fare||Charges regular distance fares
Originally introduced as Bedok – Tampines Ave 2 (Loop) in 1982 before being extended to Tampines Interchange in 1987 and Tampines Concourse Interchange in 2016, Service 18 is a supplementary residential route connecting Tampines and Bedok. It was amended to Bedok North Street 2 with the opening of Bedok Temporary Interchange to increase bus connectivity for residents in the area.
High-capacity articulated buses were deployed on this route before they were sold off in 2006.
Service 18 was amended to serve Tampines Streets 32, 33, 34 as part of the Downtown Line 3 – Bus Service Enhancements from 21 Oct 2017. The route amendment provides a direction connection for Tampines Street 32, 33 & 34 residents to Tampines East MRT Station as well as provide alternative travel options to Tampines & Bedok apart from Service 291 and Service 28.
The service was further amended in November 2022 with the opening of Tampines North Bus Interchange, serving the new interchange via Tampines North Drive 1 and Tampines Ave 9 while no longer serving Tampines Concourse Bus Interchange. In addition, the service was amended to Bedok North Bus Depot via Bedok North Ave 4 instead of looping at Bedok Int.
MRT Stations Served
- DT33 Tampines East
- DT31 Tampines West
- DT30 Bedok Reservoir
- Tampines Ave 7 (Opp Blk 390) → Bedok North Depot
Weekdays & Saturdays: 05:15 until first bus from Tampines Nth Int
Sundays & Public Holidays: 05:45
- 02 May 1982 – 31 Oct 2001: Singapore Bus Services Ltd
- 01 Nov 2001 – Present: SBS Transit Ltd
The Bus Service Operating License (BSOL) for this route will be renewed in 2024 under the Tampines Bus Package.
- 1982 (02 May): Introduced as Bedok – Tampines Ave 2 (Loop)
- 1985 (03 Nov): Amended to loop at Tampines St 22
- 1987 (29 Nov): Extended to Tampines Int and made to loop at Bedok. Deleted sectors (Tampines Street 22) covered by Service 292
- 1999: Serves new pair of bus stops outside and opposite The Clearwater Condo along Bedok Reservoir Rd
- 2001: Serves new pair of bus stops opposite Blk 761 and opposite Baywater along Bedok North Ave 3
- 2006: Skips a pair of abolished bus stops outside and opposite Bedok Green Sec Sch along Bedok North Ave 3
- 2011 (07 Mar): Designated Wheelchair Accessible Bus Service (WAB)
- 2011 (19 Nov): Amended to loop at Bedok Temp Int and amended to ply Bedok North Rd and Bedok North Ave 2
- 2012 (11 Mar): Serves new bus stop outside Blk 204 along Bedok North Int
- 2014 (30 Nov): Amended to Bedok Integrated Transport Hub, skips bus stop outside Blk 204 along Bedok North Interchange
- 2016 (18 Nov): Extended to Tampines Concourse Bus Interchange
- 2017 (21 Oct): Amended to Tampines Street 34 / 33 / 32 with the opening of Downtown Line 3. Operating hours revised.
- 2021 (12 Dec): Serves a pair of new bus stops before and after Heartbeat @ Bedok along Bedok Nth St 1
- 2022 (27 Nov): Amended to Tampines North Int & Bedok North Bus Depot
Back to Bus Services
Back to Bus Articles
5 thoughts on “SBS Transit Bus Service 18”
Probably add 4-5 more buses.Suspect the SBS Citaro storage buses.
Why not extended to eunos(via chai chee and changi road) or loop at marine parade (via chai chee, siglap road and marine parade road). Less duplication.
This service not so crowded as compare to the old route of 18 in the past. Suggest to extend to Sengkang Interchange as the Tampines Interchange buses too pack. Also can assist the bus route 27 which very crowded. Perfer double decker bus after extend route.
Isn’t Sengkang Interchange to far?
It’s too small. And the service (from 27 Nov 2022) will be extended to Tampines North. Though maybe in the future it may extend to Compassvale…