SBS Transit Feeder Bus Service 229 is a Feeder service operating from Bedok Interchange and looping at Bedok South Road, passing through Chai Chee, Bedok South and Upper East Coast.
↺ Bedok Sth Rd (Loop)
|Route||Bedok Bus Interchange ↺ Bedok South Rd (Loop)|
|Passes Through||Chai Chee Rd, Bedok Sth Ave 3|
|Route Length||9.9 km|
|Travelling Time||50 mins|
|BCM Route Package||Bedok Bus Package|
|Current Operator||SBS Transit Ltd|
|Current Depot||Bedok North Bus Depot (BNDEP)|
|Current Fleet||12-metre Single Deck Bus
– Mercedes-Benz Citaro
– Scania K230UB
|Departure Times from Bedok
|05:45 – 00:40|
|Weekdays||7 – 9 mins||7 – 14 mins||8 mins||7 – 16 mins|
|Saturdays||10 – 15 mins||10 – 14 mins||13 – 17 mins||16 – 17 mins|
|Sundays / Public Holidays||15 – 16 mins||11 – 17 mins||17 mins||16 – 17 mins|
|Fare||Charges distance fares capped at 3.2km for feeder services.
Feeder Service 229 primarily serves the residents of Chai Chee and Bedok South to Bedok Town Centre. Originally introduced as Feeder 219 in 1985, the route was later renumbered to Feeder 229.
For residents of Bedok South, the detour at Chai Chee before arriving at Bedok Interchange adds to travel time and Service 38 offers a more direct connection.
During Eves of Public Holidays, as well as MRT Early Closure affecting Bedok MRT Station, operating hours will be extended. Exact last bus hours are announced by SBS Transit closer to these dates.
MRT Station Served
- EW5 Bedok
- 1999 – 2001: Singapore Bus Services Ltd
- 2001 – Present: SBS Transit Ltd
The Bus Service Operating License (BSOL) for this route will be renewed in 2023 under the Bedok Bus Package.
- 1985 (15 Sep): Introduced between Bedok Int and Bedok South Ave 1 (Loop)
- 1986 (09 Nov): Extended to loop at Bedok South Rd
- 1999: Re-numbered Service 229
- 1999: Re-numbered from Service 219 as a service between Bedok Int and Bedok South Rd (Loop)
- 2001: Serves new pair of bus stops outside and opposite Lion Home for Elders along Bedok South Rd
- 2001 (19 Nov): Amended to Bedok Temp Int
- 2012 (30 Sep): Designated wheelchair-accessible bus service (WAB)
- 2014 (30 Nov): Amended to Bedok Integrated Transport Hub
- 2015 (04 May): Last bus extended to 0040hrs daily