Bus Contracting Model (BCM) Route Package #7:
“Bedok Bus Package” (24 bus routes)
First announced on 11 August 2016, the Bedok Bus Package is one of fourteen bus packages to be released by the Land Transport Authority (LTA) as part of the transition to the Bus Contracting Model (BCM). Currently, SBS Transit operates all bus services in this package under a Negotiated Contract (NC) model until Year 2023. The NC with SBS Transit is referred as PT211 – Bedok Bus Package.
This package comprises 24 existing bus services mainly originating from Bedok Bus Interchange and Upper East Coast Bus Terminal, with a handful originating at Jalan Kembangan and Marina Centre Bus Terminals. As of February 2017, 23 services are in operation, and 1 new route has yet to be announced.
All bus operations would be based out of Bedok North Bus Depot, located off Bedok North Avenue 4 within the Bedok North Industrial Estate.
|Name||To Be Announced|
|Awarded||To Be Announced|
|Duration||Five years, with two-year extension granted based on good performance|
|Published||To Be Announced|
|Closing||To Be Announced|
|Services||9, 13, 14, 14e, 25, 30, 30e, 35/35M, 40, 42, 45, 46, 168, 196, 196e, 222, 225G/225W, 228, 229, 401, 506, CT18, 4N and 1 new route|
|Bus Depot||Bedok North Bus Depot|
|Anchor Interchanges / Terminals||Bedok, Upper East Coast|
Bedok Bus Package contains 24 existing bus services, all of which are currently operated by SBS Transit.
|9||Bedok ↺ Airport Cargo Road||Trunk|
|13||Yio Chu Kang ↔ Upper East Coast||Trunk|
|14||Bedok ↔ Clementi||Trunk|
|14e||Bedok North Avenue 3 ⇄ Orchard Road||Express|
|25||Ang Mo Kio ↔ Upper East Coast||Trunk|
|30||Bedok ↔ Boon Lay||Trunk|
|30e||Bedok ⇄ Pasir Panjang Road
|35||Bedok ↺ Alps Avenue||Trunk|
|40||Bedok ↺ Merpati Road||Trunk|
|42||Jalan Kembangan ↺ Fidelio Street||Trunk|
|45||Upper East Coast ↔ Ang Mo Kio Bus Depot||Trunk|
|46||Upper East Coast ↔ Tampines||Trunk|
|168||Bedok ↔ Woodlands||Trunk|
|196||Bedok ↔ Clementi||Trunk|
|196e||Marine Parade Road ⇄ Shenton Way / Anson Road||Express|
|197||Bedok ↔ Jurong East||Trunk|
|222||Bedok ↺ Chai Chee Drive||Feeder|
|225G||Bedok ↺ Bedok North Street 3||Feeder|
|225W||Bedok ↺ Bedok North Street 3||Feeder|
|228||Bedok ↺ Bedok Reservoir Road||Feeder|
|229||Bedok ↺ Bedok South Road||Feeder|
|401||Bedok ↺ Fort Road||Trunk|
|506||Jurong East ↔ Upper East Coast||Express|
|CT18||Bedok North Avenue 3 ↔ Kampong Bahru||Express|
|4N||Marina Centre → Pasir Ris Drive 1||Night|
Feeder Services 225G & 225W are counted as one service (225).
Short Trip & Supplementary Bus Services
These services do not add to the overall service count.
|9A||Bedok → Loyang Avenue (Blk 149A)||Short Trip|
|13A||Ang Mo Kio Avenue 6 (Blk 307A) → Bishan Road (Bishan Stn)||Short Trip|
|14A||Bedok → Grange Road (National Youth Council)||Short Trip|
|35M||Bedok ↺ Tanah Merah Ferry Road||Supplementary|
|45A||Lorong Ah Soo (Opp Blk 115) → Upper Serangoon Road (S’goon Stn Exit A/Blk 413)||Short Trip|
|196A||Bedok → Shenton Way (Opp MAS Bldg)||Short Trip|
|222A||Bedok → New Upper Changi Road (Bedok Stn Exit A)||Short Trip|
|222B||New Upper Changi Road (Bedok Stn Exit A) → New Upper Changi Road (Bedok Stn Exit B)||Short Trip|
Scope of Tender:
As part of the tender, the new Operator will be required to fulfill responsibilities as such:
- Operate the twenty-four (24) bus services in the areas in accordance with specified EWT performance standards
- Operate and maintain the buses and their onboard equipment provided by LTA
- Operate and maintain Bedok Bus Interchange, Upper East Coast Bus Terminal, and Bedok North Bus Depot, including all equipment and systems provided therein
- Charge and collect the fares approved by the Public Transport Council, on behalf of the Government
- Provide bus service information at all bus stops and bus interchanges served by the 24 bus services
- Provide customer management services, such as lost and found service, and a hotline for commuter feedback and enquiries.
All bus services will have scheduled headways of no more than 15 minutes for both directions during the morning and evening peak periods, with at least half of them having even shorter scheduled headways of no more than 10 minutes. Of these, the feeder services will run at even shorter intervals of 6-8 minutes. An estimated 45% of bus services will come at shorter intervals during peak periods when compared to the expanded BSEP.
More guidelines can be found in the main Bus Contracting Model (GCM) article.
Bus Interchanges & Terminals under the package:
Bus Depot under the package:
Route Package Timeline:
- 2016 (11 Aug): Bedok Bus Package mentioned as one of 11 Negotiated Contract (NC) Packages operated by SBS Transit.
- 2020 (08 Apr): Bus Services 196e & 4N temporarily suspended due to Singapore COVID-19 Circuit Breaker Measures.
- 2020 (15 Apr): Bus Services 14e, 30e, 506 & CT18 temporarily suspended due to Singapore COVID-19 Circuit Breaker Measures.
- 2020 (25 Apr): Bus Service 401 temporarily suspended due to Singapore COVID-19 Circuit Breaker Measures.
- 2020 (02 Jun): Resumption of Bus Services 14e, 30e, 196e & 506. Bus Services 401, CT18 & 4N remain suspended.
External Links & References:
Back to Bus Contracting Model