SBS Transit Bus Service 9 is a circular trunk route connecting Bedok and Changi Airfreight Centre through Simpang Bedok, Simei, Tampines and Loyang Avenue. It is one of three daily trunk services to Changi Airfreight Centre (formerly known as Changi Airport Cargo Complex).
|Route||Bedok Bus Interchange ↺ Airport Cargo Road (Loop)|
|Passes Through||Bedok Rd, Simei St 3, Tampines Ave 7, Loyang Ave|
|Route Length||33.2 km|
|Traveling Time||130 mins|
|BCM Route Package||Bedok Bus Package|
|Current Operator||SBS Transit Ltd|
|Current Depot||Bedok North Bus Depot (BNDEP)|
|Current Fleet||12-metre Single Deck Buses:
– Mercedes-Benz Citaro
|12-metre Double Deck Buses:
– Volvo B9TL
|Departure Times from Bedok
|05:30 – 00:00|
|Loop Service||6:30am–8.30am||8.31am–4.59pm||5.00pm–7.00pm||After 7.00pm|
|Weekdays||5 – 9 mins||5 – 12 mins||6 – 15 mins||12 – 22 mins|
|Saturdays||8 – 11 mins||6 – 14 mins||6 – 14 mins||11 – 17 mins|
|Sundays / Public Holidays||13 – 15 mins||11 – 15 mins||12 – 13 mins||12 – 14 mins|
|Fare||Charges regular distance fares
Service 9 is a popular inter-town route between Bedok, Tanah Merah, Simei, Tampines, Loyang and Changi Village. The sector between Simei and Changi Airfreight Terminal experiences high weekday peak demand from the factories and offices at Changi, in addition to heavy resident commute between estates. As such, a bulk of the fleet is comprised of double-deck buses.
Changi Airfreight Centre is a restricted area and only staff with valid passes are allowed to enter. Auxiliary police officers will board the bus to check for staff passes at the Police Pass Office along Airline Road. Visitors who do not have a pass are to alight and re-board the bus after it returns from completing its loop within the Airfreight Centre (at a separate bus stop opposite Police Pass Office).
Upon tapping out of the bus, the exit reader will display “Ride Suspended”. It will resume the journey when one taps onboard the same service after the bus comes out of the Airfreight Centre. Cash-paying passengers will still have to pay a full fare to their journey after they board the bus.
Alongside Services 19 and 89, Service 9 is one of three daily trunk services to Changi Airfreight Centre (formerly known as Changi Airport Cargo Complex).
MRT Stations Served:
- Airport Cargo Road (Airfreight Ter Bldg) → Bedok Int
Weekdays: 0600hrs, 0614hrs, 0634hrs
- Tampines Avenue 7 (Blk 370) → Bedok Int
Weekdays: 0625hrs, 0630hrs, 0641hrs, 0650hrs, 0710hrs
- Service 9A: Bedok Interchange → Loyang Ave (Blk 149A)
Weekdays: 1813hrs, 1925hrs, 1956hrs
- Service 9A (Special Departure): Simei Ave (Blk 3012) → Loyang Ave (Blk 149A)
- 09 Apr 1979 – 31 Oct 2001: Singapore Bus Services Ltd
- 01 Nov 2001 – Present: SBS Transit Ltd
The Bus Service Operating License (BSOL) for this route will be renewed in 2023 under the Bedok Bus Package.
- 1979 (9 Apr): Introduced by SBS as a peak hour service on weekdays and Saturdays between Geylang Fringe Car Park and Changi Point
- 1979 (14 Oct): Amended to Sims Ave East with the conversion of Changi Rd to one-way traffic
- 1981 (15 Jun): Amended to Loyang Ave and Loyang Way with the partial closure of Upp Changi Rd
- 1981: Converted to full day service, swapping operation hours with former Service 1
- 1983 (25 Jun): Integrated with Services 391 and 395, extended to loop at Changi Airport Cargo Complex as part of the 1983 Changi Airport Bus Plan
- 1987 (20 Sep): Skips 2 pairs of abolished bus stops along Upp Changi Rd East with the opening of TPE
- 1988 (10 Apr): Amended to Upp Changi Rd East, Simei Rd, Tampines St 31, Ave 2, Ave 7 and Loyang Ave, skipping existing sectors along Bedok Rd, Upp Changi Rd and Loyang Way
- 1992 (29 Nov): Shortened to Bedok Int under Transitlink Integration Exercise Phase 10
- 1993 (13 Sep): Amended to use new slip road towards Bedok Int, skipping bus stop 84039 along New Upp Changi Rd
- 1995 (15 Jan): Amended to Bedok Rd, Upp Changi Rd, Simei Ave and Simei St 3, serving Simei Estate
- 2003: Serves new pair of bus stops 98231 and 98239 along Loyang Ave
- 2004 (14 Dec): Relocation of bus stops 95039 and 95041 along Airport Cargo Rd
- 2004: Serves new bus stop 85071 along Upp Changi Rd
- 2008: Serves relocated bus stop 99171 along Nicoll Dr with the abolition of bus stop 99169
- 2011 (19 Nov): Amended to Bedok Temp Int, calling at bus stops outside Bedok Stn in both directions.
- 2014 (30 Nov): Terminates at air-conditioned Bedok Int.
- 2014 (03 Dec): Designated wheelchair-accessible bus route (WAB)
- 2017 (21 Oct): Calls a new pair of bus stops at Tampines East MRT Station.