SBS Transit Bus Service 42 is a residential trunk route, serving the landed housing areas of Kembangan and Siglap with connections to Kembangan MRT.
||Jalan Kembangan (Kembangan Stn) ↺ Fidelio Street (Loop)|
|Passes Through||Lengkong Empat, Taman Kembangan, Siglap Rd, Frankel Ave|
|Route Length||5.8 km|
|Traveling Time||25 mins|
|BCM Route Package||Bedok Bus Package|
|Current Operator||SBS Transit Ltd|
|Current Depot||Bedok North Bus Depot (BNDEP)|
|Current Fleet||12-metre Single Deck Bus:
– Mercedes-Benz O530 Citaro
– Scania K230UB
|Departure Times from Kembangan
||0600hrs – 2330hrs (Daily)|
|0630-0830: 09 – 11 mins
0831-1659: 08 – 16 mins
1700-1900: 10 – 14 mins
After 1900: 10 – 13 mins
Service 42 is a residential route serving the private residential estates of Kembangan, Siglap and Opera Estate, connecting them to Kembangan MRT station along the East-West Line. Formerly known as M2, it was renumbered to Service 42 only in 1997.
The route operates in a continuous loop fashion, with drivers taking a short break at Jalan Kembangan (Kembangan MRT) while passengers may board or alight, or stay onboard for the next journey. Buses terminating at Jalan Kembangan will display a terminating signage. It is one of the few bus routes not operating from a bus interchange or terminal.
Formerly operating with Dennis Dart midibuses, they were retired in 2011 and replaced by standard 12-metre buses. A BSEP fleet addition in 2014 saw the addition of a third bus to the fleet.
MRT Station Served
- EW6 Kembangan
- Fidelio St (Bef Tosca St) → Jln Kembangan (Kembangan Stn)
Fare: Charges basic distance fares. See Bus Fares.
- 1989 – 2001: Singapore Bus Services Ltd
- 2001 – Present: SBS Transit Ltd
The Bus Service Operating License (BSOL) for this route will be renewed in 2023 under the Bedok Bus Package.
- 1989: Introduced as Service M2, Jln Kembangan – Opera Estate (Loop)
- 1993: Serves Siglap Drive and Frankel Avenue in one direction, following the conversion of Siglap Drive and Cheriot Hill to one way traffic
- 1997: Renumbered to Service 42, loop service between Kembangan MRT station and Fidelio St.
- 2014: Service improvement under the Bus Service Enhancement Programme (BSEP)
- 2014 (29 Sep): Designated wheelchair-accessible bus route (WAB)
- Refer to this article
- 1997: No significant route changes since 1997.