SBS Transit Bus Service 42 is a residential trunk route, serving the landed housing areas of Kembangan and Siglap with connections to Kembangan MRT.
|Route||Jalan Kembangan (Kembangan Stn) ↺ Fidelio Street (Loop)|
|Passes Through||Lengkong Empat, Taman Kembangan, Siglap Rd, Frankel Ave|
|Route Length||5.8 km|
|Traveling Time||25 mins|
|BCM Route Package||Bedok Bus Package|
|Current Operator||SBS Transit Ltd|
|Current Depot||Bedok North Bus Depot (BNDEP)|
|Current Fleet||12-metre Single Deck Bus
– Scania K230UB
|Departure Times from Kembangan
|06:00 – 23:30|
|Loop Service||6:30am–8.30am||8.31am–4.59pm||5.00pm–7.00pm||After 7.00pm|
|Weekdays||10 – 12 mins||10 – 14 mins||11 – 14 mins||10 – 13 mins|
|Saturdays||10 – 12 mins||9 – 16 mins||12 – 16 mins||8 – 15 mins|
|Sundays / Public Holidays||8 – 12 mins||8 – 15 mins||9 – 14 mins||9 – 15 mins|
|Fare||Charges regular distance fares
Service 42 is a residential route serving the private residential estates of Kembangan, Siglap and Opera Estate, connecting them to Kembangan MRT station along the East-West Line. The service was renumbered from Service M2 in 1997.
The route operates in a continuous loop fashion, with drivers taking a short break at Jalan Kembangan (Kembangan MRT) while passengers may board or alight, or stay onboard for the next journey. It is one of the few bus routes not operating from a bus interchange or terminal.
At the end of Fidelio Street, buses perform a 3-point turn at the junction with Aida Street.
Formerly operating with Dennis Dart midibuses, they were retired in 2011 and replaced by standard 12-metre buses. A BSEP fleet addition in 2014 saw the addition of a third bus to the fleet. It currently operates with a fleet of 4 buses.
MRT Station Served
- EW6 Kembangan
- Fidelio St (Bef Tosca St) → Jln Kembangan (Kembangan Stn)
- 1989 – 2001: Singapore Bus Services Ltd
- 2001 – Present: SBS Transit Ltd
The Bus Service Operating License (BSOL) for this route will be renewed in 2023 under the Bedok Bus Package.
- 1989 (05 Nov): Introduced as Service M2 – Jln Kembangan and Fidelio St (Loop)
- 1993 (30 Oct): Amended to ply Sims Ave East towards Fidelio St, skipping Frankel Ave and Siglap Dr
- 1994 (11 Sep): Amended to ply Taman Kembangan, skipping Jln Lapang
- 1997 (05 Oct): Renumbered to Service 42
- 2014 (29 Sep): Designated wheelchair-accessible bus route (WAB)