SBS Transit Express Bus Service 196e is an express variant of Service 196, plying between Marine Parade Road and Shenton Way. It passes through Marine Terrace, Nicoll Highway and Fullerton, operating drips during the morning and evening peak hours.
||AM Peak: Marine Parade Road (Lagoon View) → Shenton Way (Opp MAS Bldg)
PM Peak: Anson Rd (Hub Synergy Pt) → Marine Parade Road (Hua Xin Ct)
|Passes Through||Marine Terrace, Nicoll Highway, Fullerton|
|Route Length||13.1 km (D1) | 13.5 km (D2)|
|Travelling Time||45 mins|
|BCM Route Package||Bedok Bus Package|
|Current Operator||SBS Transit Ltd
|Current Depot||Bedok North Bus Depot (BNDEP)|
|Current Fleet||12-metre Single Deck Bus
– Mercedes-Benz O530 Citaro
|Departure Times from Marine Parade Rd
||0756hrs – 0820hrs (Weekdays, Except Public Holidays)|
|Departure Times from Anson Rd
||1818hrs – 1842hrs (Weekdays, Except Public Holidays)|
|Frequency||Direction 1||Direction 2|
|AM Peak: 08 mins||PM Peak: 08 mins|
Service 196e was introduced as a Fast-Forward variant of Service 196, benefiting residents of Marine Parade with a fast connection to the City areas of Nicoll Highway and Shenton Way, travelling more quickly than its parent route and operating during the peak hours. It also charges express fares.
The route skips selected stops throughout its route in both directions. It also plies express sectors along Nicoll Highway and Mountbatten Road where 196 would normally stop.
- AM Peak from Lagoon View, Marine Parade Rd: 0756hrs, 0804hrs, 0812hrs, 0820hrs
- PM Peak from Hub Synergy Point, Anson Rd: 1818hrs, 1826hrs, 1834hrs, 1842hrs
MRT Stations Served:
- SBS Transit Bus Service 196: Bedok ↔ Clementi
- 2005 – Present: SBS Transit Ltd
The Bus Service Operating License (BSOL) for this route will be renewed in 2023 under the Bedok Bus Package.
- 2005 (12 Dec): Introduced to provide a faster travel between places where there is a high demand by calling at fewer stops. AM Peak trips operate from Marine Parade Rd (Lagoon View) to Shenton Way (Opp MAS Bldg), PM Peak trips operate from Anson Rd(Hub Synergy Pt) back to Marine Parade Rd (Hua Xin Ct).
- 2016 (25 Jan): Designated wheelchair-accessible bus route (WAB)
- 2018 (12 Aug): Renamed as an Express Bus Service from a Fast Forward Bus Service